Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,893 members, 7,814,015 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over (46046 Views)

Protesters Storm CBN Headquarters, Demand Emefiele’s Arrest, Resignation / Fire scare at CBN Headquarters / APC Members Protest In Abuja: 'Say No To Imposition Of Candidate' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over by Osgilliat(m): 10:29am On Oct 19, 2020
yoruba1914:
so what is ur plan?
Keep blocking roads & suffèr those suffering injustice too?
People including protester are getting tired.
Trust me now wey the youth dön taste power. It will be hard to ignore them.

You are the one getting tired. We are not getting tired. This is just the beginning. The road will be blocked, they will feel the heat later or sooner. Let the people suffer so that their children won’t suffer, enough is enough!
The plan is to block major roads that will hit the government hard. They won’t have no choice than to start real dialogue to move this nation forward.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over by Adamisa77(m): 10:31am On Oct 19, 2020
#endbadgovernance #endpolicebrutality
#endsars #sorosoke247 we are not in 1960 my fellow nigerians welcome to 2020. #donwannadieinsilence

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over by cray91(m): 10:35am On Oct 19, 2020
and since all these years people have been getting and using PVC, what has change?

oga go sit down

pvc na nothing cuz na still same thief be all of them
yoruba1914:
for how long?
use what you have when the oviation is loudest.
You want a restructure nigeria?get ur pvc
You want good govt
Get your pvc.
There are limits to protest unless u have a hidden agenda like sowore and segalink
Re: EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over by Odion2016(m): 10:48am On Oct 19, 2020
yoruba1914:
it cannot change within 2weeks or 1year sef. We need to restrategise.
Give them time,if them mess up,we can come out again.
but to continue to block roads?
You should know that goodwill has an expiring date.

So u were the one that almagamated North and south abiLittle wonder!!
Re: EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over by sweetrace(f): 10:48am On Oct 19, 2020
Bialegend:

So some PVC useful idiots still exist? Wonders!! I feel like grabbing this zoo idiot and throwing him into the lagoon. What a dumbo.

Go and grab him since you obviously have the thug mentality to views that defer from yours. He speaks the truth even though it is against popular opinion.
Re: EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over by Reference(m): 10:52am On Oct 19, 2020
yoruba1914:
for how long?
You want good govt
Get your pvc.
There are limits to protest unless u have a hidden agenda like sowore and segalink

There is something you fail to grasp. And it is clear you still have your head firmly in a 'us and them' mentality.
This protest in my view is not against any individual, political party or the goverment as a matter of fact. Thus protest is against and on behalf of Nigeria. Against the Nigeria of today and on behalf of the Nigeria of the future, the Nigeria the youths want to see and be a part of.

So everyone is involved including you who itches to have the protests over quickly so that the status quo remains nicely untouched and sparingly unaffected.

In my opinion the protests are as much against the police that oppress and the citizens who bribe, order, demand for this oppression because the police does not advertise itself as a hit squad, an extortionist mafiosi organisation or an investment house. It is the police in cahoots with fellow citizens that have brought institutions to their knees.

So, if the protest is against all of Nigeria it means it is not about names of people, places or things but the protest is about thoughts, ways and means aka what makes for what we call 'the structure'. Nigerians are simply tired about how the country is run BY ALL and wants a change in the system we operate for the better.

So keep your shirt on. They are not after your pet politicians so there is no need to get all jumpy and ask for a swift end. It should last until every Nigerian is on the same opage in first recognising there is a problem, discussing the problems and seeking jointn solutions. The protests should continue until those Nigerians who like the country the way it is are squeezed out.

If the government of the day, the political party of the day or the Chief Executives of the day at any level are sweating it means they know what's up and they are on the wrong side of fidelity, probity and history. It is nothing more than a guilt trip.

So relax. There is no ovation to be expected. This is not entertainment, sports or performing arts. This is serious. Restructuring is, if you must know not a destination but a process. It doesn't have term limits. Like your body sheds skin day after day Nigerians should get used to the fact that reforms have to be a continuous process and thus protests on a wide scale have come to stay as part of the subcultural appendage of democracy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over by infinitypro(m): 10:54am On Oct 19, 2020
yoruba1914:
if pvc no get power,
Why do they bribe us during elections?
why do they snatch ballot box?
The youth have the power,but we need strategy not emotions

Well, I see nothing wrong with doing more to end a wrong that affects all. If the PVC have really worked I'm sure there won't be need to go extra mile. So I think you are either stup!d, sick, a w!tch or an enemy of the country to be against an additional PEACEFUL effort to get things right and working.

Seriously you are the most stup!d person alive today

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 19, 2020
I can't help but look in amazement at some comments here. There are some monickers- they know themselves- that go about this platform speaking down on the protesters and calling their protests baseless and senseless.

The curious thing is that most of these people live abroad where things work and there's value for human life and I wonder to myself, what could be their motivation?

Since we know that there's always an element of self interest in everything we do, my theory is this:

Are you afraid that your host country where you currently reside will ask you to go back to Nigeria after the protests has yielded results in the country?

I know you cowards value first world citizenship more than your own lives, it's why you lots picked up and moved abroad at the first sign of trouble. After all, if it was so good here in Nigeria, why did you leave?

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over by omotomki: 11:01am On Oct 19, 2020
HarunaWest:

Running a government , u say is not difficult? To run a business in Nigeria successfully is difficult,talk less of running a government. The problem in naija is not just the government but the people .so comparing running a government in naija and abroad is 2 different things entirely. The way Nigerians think is not same as the way people in Europe or other continent think.if you are posted to a ministry to head the place, that is when you will know how difficult it is to be a leader.You will meet series of people there, it's either you join them or die early.Why is it difficult for good people to get positions into good offices , people want people who can compromise .The western world also have influence on who becomes who in some countries.To be a leader is not theory and by mouth.the problem in Nigeria can not be solved in a day but we need to kick out bad leaders and bring in young blood with ideas .I don't stay in naija but I can tell you politics in Nigeria is not same as anywhere in the world .#endsars

has the PVC really worked in Nigeria?
why do yall deceive yourselves as if Nigeria is OK..we are not OK...if you have travelled out to prosperous nations you will realize that running a government isnt difficult mThe insincerity of Nigerias government is too much.
Re: EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over by infinitypro(m): 11:10am On Oct 19, 2020
yoruba1914:

bro u dönt get it.we need strategy to get after this things.
not only protest.

The only strategy to get your voice heard is 2 speakup...its no rocket science.

See move comot from here make we see road joor

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over by Dootty(m): 11:38am On Oct 19, 2020
What we should be discussing the plight of the protesters being attacked at CBN not useless PVC which did not work in Osun and Logo election.
Re: EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over by sidonlook: 11:48am On Oct 19, 2020
Power of numbers

Re: EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over by sidonlook: 11:49am On Oct 19, 2020
Wisdom for safety.

Re: EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over by jaxxy(m): 12:06pm On Oct 19, 2020
Starzo:
These politicians must go if we r going to experience any positive changes
No two ways about it

They can also go via the ballot box. Let the youths come together and form a 3rd force like it was done in France by Olivier Macron against the old system.
Re: EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over by mrkings84(m): 12:27pm On Oct 19, 2020
THE LARGE CROWD OF YOUTHS GATHERING ALL OTHER THE COUNTRY FROM EARLY LAST WEEK TILL TODAY FOR THIS PROTEST ACTUALLY TELL OF THE HIGH VOLUME OF JOBLESSNESS.

THINGS REALLY NEED TO CHANGE!!

THIS GOVERNMENT NEED TO BE CHANGED!!!
Re: EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over by Starzo: 12:45pm On Oct 19, 2020
Hope u see that the people of France have been protesting against macron's policies
All politicians r the same
This is not the time to talk politics
We are here to bring down the ruling class
jaxxy:

They can also go via the ballot box. Let the youths come together and form a 3rd force like it was done in France by Olivier Macron against the old system.
Re: EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over by CallmeCHIKE: 1:12pm On Oct 19, 2020
yoruba1914:
for how long?
You want good govt
Get your pvc.

SHUT UP!
Re: EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over by IkwereNgwaSon: 1:56pm On Oct 19, 2020
Power to my people, destination shell oil field.
Re: EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over by Alexgeneration(m): 3:50pm On Oct 19, 2020
yoruba1914:
it cannot change within 2weeks or 1year sef. We need to restrategise.
Give them time,if them mess up,we can come out again.

but to continue to block roads?
You should know that goodwill has an expiring date.
Same way ASUU has been restrategising and coming back to go on strike since 2009?

Don't say this shiit near any protest ground for your safety.
Re: EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over by lenghtinny(m): 4:27pm On Oct 19, 2020
yoruba1914:
if pvc no get power,
Why do they bribe us during elections?
why do they snatch ballot box?
The youth have the power,but we need strategy not emotions
If they can bribe and snatch ballot box then the pvc is powerless because genuine votes won't count...

I'm sure you saw Buhari's rabid dog on social media lauretta has been made an INEC commissioner angry

What does that tells you?

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over by XXXXTENTACION: 6:04pm On Oct 19, 2020
yoruba1914:
not now that youths have tasted power.
See the system is the enemy
No matter who reach there,it will be the same thing.
Reforms is the goal brother.
for me its not the system thats the problem. Afterall they is no best system of goverment. Its all start and ends with the people. For once i have come to realize that Nigerians are very foolish. If Nigerians were smart we would have smart people in power.
stupid nigerians vote for stupid leaders who create stupid policies and rather than admit our faults we push blames up and down.
Re: EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over by Ceejay953: 10:35pm On Oct 19, 2020
yoruba1914:
for how long?
You want good govt
Get your pvc.
Pvc my foot..
When dey will manoeuvre the election

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over by Ceejay953: 10:38pm On Oct 19, 2020
Alexgeneration:
Same way ASUU has been restrategising and coming back to go on strike since 2009?

Don't say this shiit near any protest ground for your safety.
Did dey give us time before increasing fuel pump price..Mtcheew
Re: EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over by Busuyib(f): 5:44am On Oct 20, 2020
yoruba1914:
yes it does. Very well,
that is why they buy votes
Steal ballot box.
We can be the change we want but people like u are not ready for it.
people like me??
Re: EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over by micxwell(m): 5:06pm On Oct 20, 2020
sweetrace:

When there’s an election and you all sit at home like it is not about your country or the future of your kids what do you expect? If everyone should turn out and insist on the number of votes being counted, recorded and submitted in the presence of everyone, after comparing the total number of votes with the total number of people around, things will change. If people stop taking bribes to vote for irrelevant unsuitable candidates, things will change. When people stop being tribalistic about candidates, but instead look for the most suitable candidates, things will change. Some of the people sitting in front of Alausa and CBN have ulterior motives. Some are there for the noise, some to see if any cash will be given, some to disrupt things.... The uprisings that changed the situation in some countries seemed to have been successful initially. A few years, and for some a few months, along the line, those who took over proved to be worse than those they wrestled power from. The best thing is to go out as a nation and vote in a way that your vote will count. Get international bodies involved and not the facade of involvement. Get international news bodies involved. Enlighten everyone, even the police, soldiers and thugs involved. Let the thugs know that in a country that works, they won’t need to debase themselves by becoming thugs. Stop voting in or allowing people who can’t lead to lead this country. A person who has no knowledge or history of leadership rises up to take up a leadership position, and everyone sheepishly allows this!!!!
When you read through post like this. One's tempted to believe this country cannot work. We really do have a long way to go. Hmm lipsrsealed
Re: EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over by sweetrace(f): 5:22pm On Oct 20, 2020
micxwell:

When you read through post like this. One's tempted to believe this country cannot work. We really do have a long way to go. Hmm lipsrsealed

That is not my intention. This country can work if we sincerely want it to.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator James Ebiowou On Motorcycle In His Hometown In Delta (Photos) / Ras Kimono's Death: Dino Melaye Reacts As Reggae Legend Dies / EndSARS: Ezekwesili Reacts To FG's Threat To Sanction CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.