Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,101 members, 7,821,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Premier League Predictions: Lawro V Afrobeat Star And Man Utd Fan Rema - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Premier League Predictions: Lawro V Afrobeat Star And Man Utd Fan Rema (283 Views)

Nigeria Rema Up Against World Renown Lawro To Predict Premier League Result! / FA Cup: Check This Contract Agreement Between A Man UTD Fan And A Chelsea Fan / Heartbroken Man Utd Fan Burns His Jersey After Transfer Deadline Day (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Premier League Predictions: Lawro V Afrobeat Star And Man Utd Fan Rema by lifezone247(m): 9:51am On Oct 19, 2020
The 237th Merseyside derby took place at Goodison Park on Saturday - and it ended in a thrilling 2-2 draw.

"Everton have surprised everyone," said former Liverpool defender Mark Lawrenson. "I know they have got some very good players but I thought their new signings would take longer to settle in.

James Rodriguez looks like a real player and the game looks very easy for him. Allan and Abdoulaye Doucoure have done great as well and, now they have got Dominic Calvert-Lewin scoring, they look a real handful."

Lawro is making predictions for all 380 Premier League matches this season, against a variety of guests.

This weekend, he is up against singer, rapper, Afrobeat star and Manchester United fan Rema.

Rema - real name Divine Ikubor - has followed United since he was a boy growing up in Benin City, Nigeria, and got to know their star players by playing video games with his older brother.

"I love United because of him," the 20-year-old told BBC Sport. "He used to play Fifa against me as United, and he would always win - so I always saw them as the winning team!

"We ended up having arguments over who would get to play as them - but, when I got the chance, I got attached to players like Carlos Tevez, Cristiano Ronaldo, Edwin van der Sar and Wayne Rooney, before I even saw them play in real life."

Rema has a good reason to ask for a rematch after some his songs were included in the soundtrack for Fifa 21 when it was released last month - but he might not pick United next time he plays.

"I know we're not doing so good at the moment," he added. "Not compared to those days anyway. The way things are going this season, I am not too happy."

As well as United, Rema grew up watching Nigeria stars Jay-Jay Okocha and Nwankwo Kanu - although he was never able to pull off their kind of tricks himself.

"I used to play every day with my friends after school," he explained. "We would go and play barefoot in the field.

"Jay-Jay was my favourite. I idolised him and and I wanted to be a striker too, but sadly I would always end up in goal because I wasn't that good."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/54509881

(1) (Reply)

Pique Criticizes Barcelona Ahead Of El Clasico Clash / Brazil And Barcelona Legend Tests Positive For COVID-19 / Tuesday's PREDICTION

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.