Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,921 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says (27947 Views)

Rivers CP Disbands 'Eagle Crack Squad' After Operatives Extorted Undergraduate / Florence Ajimobi And Rauf Olaniyan In Exchange Of Words (video) / Impeachment: Rauf Olaniyan Outsmarts Governor Makinde - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says by DamnnNiggarr: 11:48am On Oct 19, 2020
EndSARS: SARS operatives extorted me twice — Oyo deputy governor

Rauf Olaniyan, the deputy governor of Oyo State, has revealed how some operatives of the recently proscribed Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) extorted money from him in various currencies including naira, dollars and pounds in Lagos.

Mr Olaniyan had last week declared his support for EndSARS protesters.

The deputy governor, while addressing the protesters last week, said that he was a victim of police brutality twice.

Mr Olaniyan, who spoke at the weekend, recounted how the special unit of the police collected money from him without being found guilty of any offence.

He said that on a particular occasion, while he was rushing to catch a flight, SARS operatives took all the monies he had on him (both local and foreign) and that even an appeal to them to spare him some to use when he gets to his destination fell on deaf ears.

He added that only reforms of the police will help address all the anomalies in the system.

“I was a victim twice, once at Ikeja roundabout and at Ojota ramp when you want to negotiate around Ikorodu road to the express.

“Ask my driver. We were ransacked there. What only saved me was the fact that I had some money with me. I had to part with over N100,000. It was terrible.

“That of Ikeja, they took pounds sterlings, they took dollar notes, all the money I had because I was travelling. I was eager to go and catch my flight, they emptied me.

“I even pleaded with them that I planned to spend the foreign currencies when I get to my destination, they said people there that I was going to meet will take care of me. They were very very notorious,” Mr Olaniyan said.

He said that banning SARS is not the only solution, but total reform of the police force.

“It is not only #EndSARS but we need complete police reformation. Some of them are very nice, good, decent and even professionals.

“But some of them may not even be in SARS outfit but they behave just like them, so what we need is a complete police reformation.

“If they disband SARS, they should be retrained on how to relate and deal with civil society,” he said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/421658-endsars-sars-operatives-extorted-me-twice-oyo-deputy-governor.html

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 19, 2020

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says by Millimann: 11:52am On Oct 19, 2020
Those SARS guys were real demons.

17 Likes

Re: Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says by NarutUzumaki7th: 2:03pm On Oct 19, 2020
#EndSARS
Re: Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 19, 2020
Na hard criminals full the SARS angry

I've always seen them as cultists undecided

33 Likes

Re: Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says by EdoPrince93(m): 2:03pm On Oct 19, 2020
Okay..
#EndSars
Buhari and his useless son the vulture griller must get sense in this life or 600 years of punishment for the both of them...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says by Odesign(m): 2:04pm On Oct 19, 2020
SARS pple I pray we should never encounter them

#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

contact me for your VARIOUS neat professional graphics designer for your various brands and companies... contact below

4 Likes

Re: Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says by mascot87(m): 2:04pm On Oct 19, 2020
Hello folks. Please I'll be brief about this. My mum was one of the client of an insurance company. ( I will protect them for now). However, she passed on some couple of months back. The family have now started processing her benefits from the insurance company since August and all the documents they were asked to provide have been provided. However, till now the insurance company have refused to pay. They keep promising that they would pay but that has not been the case. At the moment, they have stopped picking our calls and responding to our messages. I am planning to go to there office again at ikoyi tomorrow. What do you guys advice I do because I am very pissed now. Seems those guys are scammers after all. But I need advice before I make this people trend for the wrong reasons on Twitter

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 19, 2020
Lies sir

Your story get 1millions commas and Klegs...

Unless the pounds they took was probably the YAM YOU Wanted to go hide overseas which was why 6iu couldn't say anything.

Even at that... SARS Won't dare extort a deputy governor unless he's guilty of something

8 Likes

Re: Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says by PureGoldh(m): 2:04pm On Oct 19, 2020
Dx SARS people have done more harm than good
Re: Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says by GallantDuke(m): 2:05pm On Oct 19, 2020
They did all these things to you and you kept quiet all these while.

2 Likes

Re: Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says by BRAINTORMS(m): 2:06pm On Oct 19, 2020
He might not have been a Deputy Governor yet
BLUELemon:
they took all of that from him and miraculously he didn't mention a thing when it happened despite being a government official.

sounds so much like bihari saying he was a victim of SARS

21 Likes

Re: Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says by engrjacuzzi: 2:06pm On Oct 19, 2020
you are one of the problems of Nigeria Mr Deputy Governor. you didn't speak up "Söró sokè" then even as a government official.

1 Like

Re: Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says by Anaerobi(m): 2:06pm On Oct 19, 2020
SARS are evil. I wish they will all be prosecuted.
Re: Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says by Okortor: 2:06pm On Oct 19, 2020
Sars operatives really committed alot of unforgivable crimes but I will advise the youth to ensure a peaceful protest and not let any miscreants hijack it as that would make govt to find a reason to take action.
#EndSars
#EndBadGovernance
#MaintainPeacefulProtest
#AvoidNuissance
#MaintainLawAndOrder.

3 Likes

Re: Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says by Lanre4uonly(m): 2:06pm On Oct 19, 2020
It is well.
Re: Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 19, 2020
Mr Deputy Governor... You dey lie... Why didn't you speak out since... So you were waiting for other people to get extorted before you raise your voice abi

1 Like

Re: Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says by BigDawsNet: 2:07pm On Oct 19, 2020
I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to the Federal Republic of Nigeria at all times...

Like if you follow

1 Like

Re: Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 19, 2020
mascot87:
Hello folks. Please I'll be brief about this. My mum was one of the client of an insurance company. ( I will protect them for now). However, she passed on some couple of months back. The family have now started processing her benefits from the insurance company since August and all the documents they were asked to provide have been provided. However, till now the insurance company have refused to pay. They keep promising that they would pay but that has not been the case. At the moment, they have stopped picking our calls and responding to our messages. I am planning to go to there office again at ikoyi tomorrow. What do you guys advice I do because I am very pissed now. Seems those guys are scammers after all. But I need advice before I make this people trend for the wrong reasons on Twitter
Go to their office and have a dialogue with them first

1 Like

Re: Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says by Nazgul: 2:07pm On Oct 19, 2020
Shit is getting real
Re: Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says by Harrykn: 2:07pm On Oct 19, 2020
Total lockdown in this country...
you think these guys are joking?
we've been waiting for a long time.

1 Like

Re: Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says by Elan83(m): 2:08pm On Oct 19, 2020
most politicians wants to be in d good book of d protesters! But we know that you guys are one almighty evil.

1 Like

Re: Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says by Oxtonguy: 2:08pm On Oct 19, 2020
grin
Re: Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says by hidhrhis(m): 2:08pm On Oct 19, 2020
Adex2442:
It's all lies
GallantDuke:
They did all these things to you and you kept quiet all these while.
Faller:
Mr Deputy Governor... You dey lie... Why didn't you speak out since... So you were waiting for other people to get extorted before you raise your voice abi
There is likelihood it was before he attained the status of deputy governor
he never mentioned when sars officials did this to him so there is likelihood it was before he attained that position

6 Likes

Re: Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says by Adex2442: 2:08pm On Oct 19, 2020
It's all lies
Re: Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says by Dominiqueismad: 2:08pm On Oct 19, 2020
Owkk
Re: Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says by wonuks(m): 2:08pm On Oct 19, 2020
cool
Re: Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says by BuddhaPalm(m): 2:09pm On Oct 19, 2020
BLUELemon:
they took all of that from him and miraculously he didn't mention a thing when it happened despite being a government official.

sounds so much like bihari saying he was a victim of SARS

Has he been a government official all his life?

10 Likes

Re: Rauf Olaniyan: SARS Operatives Extorted Me Twice - Oyo Deputy Governor Says by Starships4u(m): 2:09pm On Oct 19, 2020
E reach yhur side too

And yhu nor SORO SOKE
IFFA HEAR...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"I Will Contest In 2019" - Shehu Sani, To Announce New Party In 48 Hours / More Video: Buhari Arrival At Home State Of Katsina For APC Rally / Buhari To Service Chiefs: Your Best Not Good Enough

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.