Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

.help!!!!!my Website Is Breaking!!!! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / .help!!!!!my Website Is Breaking!!!! (497 Views)

Z-library Is Down. Since 2009 - 2022. Our Beloved Book Library Website Is Gone / I Told Her The Hacked Website Is Fixed. A Few Moments Later, She Called Me... / This Bottlepy Website Is Very Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.help!!!!!my Website Is Breaking!!!! by emirex50(m): 3:38pm On Oct 19, 2020
Hello programmers, I'm a newbie in the web development world. And I'm currently working on a personal project but my website is breaking.

I might have made some errors in my HTML or CSS codes.

Kindly suggest possible solutions for this kind of errors please.

At the moment I'm only comfortable with HTML and CSS, but I'm still working on JavaScript.
Re: .help!!!!!my Website Is Breaking!!!! by RealLordZeus(m): 3:41pm On Oct 19, 2020
Post the errors
Re: .help!!!!!my Website Is Breaking!!!! by Karleb(m): 3:43pm On Oct 19, 2020
How can we know exactly what is wrong without seeing either your code or the errors?

3 Likes

Re: .help!!!!!my Website Is Breaking!!!! by emirex50(m): 6:28pm On Oct 19, 2020
I don't really know how to put it but I've been able to sort out the problem.

There was no error in the code, however it was my CSS codes that were not properly arranged.
I guess the disorganization was as a result of that and the browser couldn't arrange the codes properly hence everything was haphazard on the web page.
Re: .help!!!!!my Website Is Breaking!!!! by emirex50(m): 6:33pm On Oct 19, 2020
I was actually hoping somebody here would have experience such scenario whereby your webpage isn't appearing the way it was arranged in your code.

But it is an experience to learn from.
Re: .help!!!!!my Website Is Breaking!!!! by solitytv123(m): 3:46pm On Oct 20, 2020
could be from the cdn link if you are using framework for bootstrap and jquery
Re: .help!!!!!my Website Is Breaking!!!! by valzey(m): 5:25pm On Oct 20, 2020
emirex50:
I was actually hoping somebody here would have experience such scenario whereby your webpage isn't appearing the way it was arranged in your code.

But it is an experience to learn from.
So you expected some magic to type in or words to say and everything would start working? Try expecta petroneum while facing a mirror.. Just kidding.
If you copied and pasted code from somewhere, I cannot help you.
If you wrote the code yourself, then check your typos. Ensure you closed every tag properly.
Nothing else I can say. Programming is work bro.
Re: .help!!!!!my Website Is Breaking!!!! by emirex50(m): 3:55pm On Oct 27, 2020
valzey:

So you expected some magic to type in or words to say and everything would start working? Try expecta petroneum while facing a mirror.. Just kidding.
If you copied and pasted code from somewhere, I cannot help you.
If you wrote the code yourself, then check your typos. Ensure you closed every tag properly.
Nothing else I can say. Programming is work bro.

Thank you @ZedicusZulzoValzey. I tried your magic trick while facing the still didn't work. I mentioned that I'm a newbie in the web development world and some simple errors like typos could sway me off track for a bit.

By the way, I think its still too early in the learning phase to be copy pasting codes. So, I'm just practising and experimenting on what I've learnt so far.

Thanks for the tips and please say it this way, Life in Nigeria is work. Programming is fun grin
Re: .help!!!!!my Website Is Breaking!!!! by nurain150(m): 5:30pm On Oct 27, 2020
emirex50:

Thank you @ZedicusZulzoValzey. I tried your magic trick while facing the still didn't work. I mentioned that I'm a newbie in the web development world and some simple errors like typos could sway me off track for a bit.

By the way, I think its still too early in the learning phase to be copy pasting codes. So, I'm just practising and experimenting on what I've learnt so far.

Thanks for the tips and please say it this way, Life in Nigeria is work. Programming is fun grin

Was it fixed if so.maybe you had error in ur code.or clear browser cache try to deploy from a localhost and online to see how far
Re: .help!!!!!my Website Is Breaking!!!! by phililp(m): 9:22pm On Oct 28, 2020
Dude, whenever you seek for a solution to a problem, first try to make your question very clear and understandable.. In coding we use screenshots of our code..

I was expecting to see your website literally breaking grin

(1) (Reply)

Developers Wanted!!!!!!!! / Please Don't Ignore This!!! / Wirecast Pro 14.1.0 Mac Serial Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.