Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,194 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

#Endsars: My Candid Advice To Mr President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #Endsars: My Candid Advice To Mr President (298 Views)

My Candid And Final 2023 Presidential Election Prediction / #ENDSARS: My Yoruba Brothers, E Ronu O! / EndSARS: My Wife Is Protesting, I Earn N64,000, Bought My Uniform - Policeman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#Endsars: My Candid Advice To Mr President by Temibi(m): 5:53pm On Oct 19, 2020
[/b][b][b][/b]
By Babajide Obafemi

This endsars protest is gathering momentum every day. The crowd of youths gathering with passion, energy and the relief materials been shared to re-energise protesters is unprecedented.

My simple advice to Mr President or his advisers is that PMB needs to address the nation, most especially the protesters by himself using a calm, soothing and pleading language.

The economy is bad no doubt, but, APC knew this before pledging heaven and earth to resuscitate it. The endsars protest is beyond police brutality, it goes down to announce the difficulty people go through to make ends meet. It goes down to announce how cruel government policies of increasing fuel and electricity tariff immediately after lockdown are. It goes down to say that those who wrote PMB's independence speech, compearing our petroleum sales tariff to that of Saudi Arabia are myopic.

PMB needs to talk now, brutality or forcing this protest to stop could snowball it to something else. If the protest is not happening in a few northern states, the south here is almost on total shut down. It doesn't take too long before it will spread like wildfire.

The time to act like elders who knows what they are doing is now. You can't match the energy, unity or commitment of the youths, you can only use wisdom.

Wisdom is highly required now!

I stand with the youths in ending police brutality and economic hardship.

Obafemi writes from Lagos.

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Was Right In His Prophecies About Nigeria / Wike Declares 24-hr Curfew As Eight Die In Rivers / #endsars: Jumia Out Of Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.