Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. (2449 Views)

Insecurity: Killings, Destructions In North Going Out Of Hand, Elders Cry Out / Coronavirus: Obasanjo Lists 6 Areas Government Must Focus On / Aisha Buhari: Things Getting Out Of Hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. by NGpatriot: 9:55pm On Oct 19, 2020
while are all agree that police violence and brutality must STOP and SARS must be eradicated, must not let violent anarchists and enti Nigerian elements hide under ENDSARS to foment violence and destruction.

Government met all the conditions demanded by the ENDSARS and if there are other ENDSARS demands, forward the demands to the FG, there's no need to cripple the country economically and socially.

Grinding down the country economically and socially means loss of revenue, loss of investments and ultimately loss of badly needed jobs. This is just too counterproductive, we have more than enough unemployed youths so why destroy jobs and prevent job creation.? It' makes no sense.

I'd understand if the government is intransigent or denying our rights to protest or put forward our views and demands, we just over do things in Nigeria.

ENDSARS is getting overplayed, it's losing direction and the new phase is getting more and more violent and destructive.

It's time for the government to take control of the situation.

4 Likes

Re: ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. by XXXXTENTACION: 10:07pm On Oct 19, 2020
Ngpatriot cool
when SARZ was killing innocent people i don't know how many threads you created to condemn the act but now that people are protesting against those killings you are now rushing to create thread to condemn the protesters. undecided

it is only in Nigeria that when people protest for their rights it becomes a crime. undecided

6 Likes

Re: ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. by IamPlato(m): 10:15pm On Oct 19, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Ngpatriot cool
when SARZ was killing innocent people i don't know how many threads you created to condemn the act but now that people are protesting against those killings you are now rushing to create thread to condemn the protesters. undecided

it is only in Nigeria that when people protest for their rights it becomes a crime. undecided
How many did you create to stop SARS...

What did you do to stop police brutality...

What did you say

3 Likes

Re: ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. by Lipscomb(m): 10:17pm On Oct 19, 2020
I will never support any protest that asking Buhari to resign. Resign from what and who will be Nigeria president?

He was given a mandate you guys should leave the man alone. Buhari wasn't the one that formed Sars.

2 Likes

Re: ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. by plessis: 10:20pm On Oct 19, 2020
Government met what demands?

Paid miscreant.
Re: ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. by XXXXTENTACION: 10:23pm On Oct 19, 2020
IamPlato:
How many did you create to stop SARS...

What did you do to stop police brutality...

What did you say
I am not part of the national assembly, neither am the IGP of police or president of Nigeria undecided

i have joined the protest to echo my voice and to ensure my country becomes a better place.

i don't know about you but i am sure you don't like how undeveloped and insecure Nigeria is undecided

2 Likes

Re: ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. by idid: 10:25pm On Oct 19, 2020
Yes it is getting out of hand, it has now become a revolution that cannot be stopped.

All of you pro-government should just shut up and watch as it unfolds. This will be a televised revolution.

More dangerous and more virulent than the Arab spring.

If you stop the revolution now, you are just fast forwarding it.

Oya stop it!

3 Likes

Re: ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. by Kudejo: 10:29pm On Oct 19, 2020
I swear this #EndSARS movement is already becoming something else, one second they are freeing prisoners in Edo another second they are attacking peaceful police officers in Lagos, They government should really do something because they are the ones at which the protest is targeted and innocent people like me should not have to wait 5 hours in traffic or get attacked by an escaped convict to pay for their sins

3 Likes

Re: ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. by Rugaria: 10:35pm On Oct 19, 2020
Lipscomb:
I will never support any protest that asking Buhari to resign. Resign from what and who will be Nigeria president?

He was given a mandate you guys should leave the man alone. Buhari wasn't the one that formed Sars.

Who gave him which mandate? He hijacked the electoral process and outrigged his opponents. Pure and simple. He is now leading the nation into choas. He should go before his unbelievable level of ineptitude leads the country to implode.

4 Likes

Re: ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. by HallaDaTruth: 10:36pm On Oct 19, 2020
Lipscomb:

His vice can do a better job. Buhari should resign. His government is the worst in Nigeria's history
Re: ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. by Rugaria: 10:37pm On Oct 19, 2020
Kudejo:
I swear this #EndSARS movement is already becoming something else, one second they are freeing prisoners in Edo another second they are attacking peaceful police officers in Lagos, They government should really do something because they are the ones at which the protest is targeted and innocent people like me should not have to wait 5 hours in traffic or get attacked by an escaped convict to pay for their sins
Pro administration handles formed recently to support the evil men in power

1 Like

Re: ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. by Kudejo: 10:43pm On Oct 19, 2020
Rugaria:

Pro administration handles formed recently to support the evil men in power

This is not a government owned account, I actually supported the protests at first because I thought they would make things harder for government but they are only making things harder for citizens.

The hoodlums who attacked #EndSARS protesters in Abuja were not government sponsored, they were simply locals and motorists who are tired of this nonsense. What is the point of blocking roads when politicians have helicopters?

5 Likes

Re: ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. by freeborn02: 10:45pm On Oct 19, 2020
NGpatriot:
while are all agree that police violence and brutality must STOP and SARS must be eradicated, must not let violent anarchists and enti Nigerian elements hide under ENDSARS to foment violence and destruction.

Government met all the conditions demanded by the ENDSARS and if there are other ENDSARS demands, forward the demands to the FG, there's no need to cripple the country economically and socially.

Grinding down the country economically and socially means loss of revenue, loss of investments and ultimately loss of badly needed jobs. This is just too counterproductive, we have more than enough unemployed youths so why destroy jobs and prevent job creation.? It' makes no sense.

I'd understand if the government is intransigent or denying our rights to protest or put forward our views and demands, we just over do things in Nigeria.

ENDSARS is getting overplayed, it's losing direction and the new phase is getting more and more violent and destructive.

It's time for the government to take control of the situation.

Of course, your dishonourable, immoral self had been waiting for an opportunity to discredit the protest. I'm happy for you that you have succeeded.
Re: ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. by IamPlato(m): 10:46pm On Oct 19, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
I am not part of the national assembly, neither am the IGP of police or president of Nigeria undecided

i have joined the protest to echo my voice and to ensure my country becomes a better place.

i don't know about you but i am sure you don't like how undeveloped and insecure Nigeria is undecided
Before now where did you keep your voice...

It's okay to protest but you people have crossed the line of peace.

Causing problems for Nigerians... Other Nigerians are angry, did you forget that our population is over 200 million... Guess how many are behind you on this new fire for fire quest

1 Like

Re: ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. by Rosskii: 10:49pm On Oct 19, 2020
I agree with the OP.

Even now, foreigners on twitter are turning it to gay and lesbian rights movement etc.

They are just using these Nigerian youths, most of whom are obstinate know-it-alls allergic to wise counsel - for their ulterior motives.

2 Likes

Re: ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. by XXXXTENTACION: 10:58pm On Oct 19, 2020
IamPlato:
Before now where did you keep your voice...

It's okay to protest but you people have crossed the line of peace.

Causing problems for Nigerians... Other Nigerians are angry, did you forget that our population is over 200 million... Guess how many are behind you on this new fire for fire quest
Every reasonable human being should know whats good and whats bad undecided

i don't know about you but a peaceful protest is not something that is bad to me. undecided

in advanced countries people protest to make things right.
but here in Nigeria some blockheads view protesting for your rights as a crime. cool
Re: ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. by Demdem(m): 11:04pm On Oct 19, 2020
Rosskii:
I agree with the OP.

Even now, foreigners on twitter are turning it to gay and lesbian rights movement etc.

They are just using these Nigerian youths, most of whom are obstinate know-it-alls allergic to wise counsel - for their ulterior motives.

What.... shocked shocked shocked they want to add that to their demands....gays and lesbians...... Thunder fire them all.
Re: ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. by Demdem(m): 11:14pm On Oct 19, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:

i don't know about you but a peaceful protest is not something that is bad to me. undecided

but here in Nigeria some blockheads view protesting for your rights as a crime. cool

[b]
Don't get us wrong. We are not against peaceful protests. We aren't aliens ignorant of the atrocities of a criminal minded entity like SARS. Its justified and at best govt has dissolved them. She has also provided judicial panels in all states where grievances will be heard and provided sums of money where those qualified to be compensated will be compensated. Where u lot got it wrong is u lack of strategy. While I agree to some of ur additional demands like good governance, and pay cut for NASS members etc however when asked about specifics on how all these desires of urs will be achieved, u are short of words. Do u think it will just come by presidential fiats or orders? Ur lack of leadership us also a problem. The HK protest was a success because they have leaders, even at that they eventually failed because they did not know when to pull the brakes. Above all, so many Nigerians depend solely by going out daily on their daily bread. These are the ones fighting back that u think govt is sponsoring. It amazes me that u lot lack tact to even decipher this.[/b]
Re: ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. by IamPlato(m): 11:27pm On Oct 19, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:

in Countries With Sane people, the Sane People Protest Without Causing Problem and Adding To The Existing Problems or Are You Also Blinded To See That The Protest is Now A Problem and Making Life Difficult

people cant even transport market goods to sales point because you blocked roads.

1 Like

Re: ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. by XXXXTENTACION: 11:30pm On Oct 19, 2020
IamPlato:
in Countries With Sane people, the Sane People Protest Without Causing Problem and Adding To The Existing Problems or Are You Also Blinded To See That The Protest is Now A Problem and Making Life Difficult

people cant even transport market goods to sales point because you blocked roads.
can you at least mention five major roads that are blocked by protests right now undecided
Re: ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. by IamPlato(m): 11:31pm On Oct 19, 2020
Rugaria:

Who gave him which mandate? He hijacked the electoral process and outrigged his opponents. Pure and simple. He is now leading the nation into choas. He should go before his unbelievable level of ineptitude leads the country to implode.
oh so you people know he rigged election but you didnt say anything at that moment but now you are talking.

you bend iron when it is hot not when it is cold.

bro abeg soro soke

1 Like

Re: ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. by IamPlato(m): 11:33pm On Oct 19, 2020
HallaDaTruth:
His vice can do a better job. Buhari should resign. His government is the worst in Nigeria's history
resign what, na una vote am so make una enjoy am

1 Like

Re: ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. by IamPlato(m): 11:35pm On Oct 19, 2020
Kudejo:

This is not a government owned account, I actually supported the protests at first because I thought they would make things harder for government but they are only making things harder for citizens.

The hoodlums who attacked #EndSARS protesters in Abuja were not government sponsored, they were simply locals and motorists who are tired of this nonsense. What is the point of blocking roads when politicians have helicopters?
say No More You Just Killed It.

You Wise bro

I Am Taking The Bolded To Instagram

2 Likes

Re: ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. by NGpatriot: 11:36pm On Oct 19, 2020
Rosskii:
I agree with the OP.

What is going on right now has nothing to do with ENDSARS, it's basically mindless looting, destruction and economic sabotage. You can not keep shouting all over the place that you are the leaders of tomorrow while destroying your tomorrow.

If this is really about bad governance , why not just organize and strategize, start a youth centric political part, draw up a list of competent and credible youth leaders and get rid of these old politicians from top to bottom?

It's obvious that we have the power, the votes and the drive to change things for good, but shouting, disrupting and destroying the country is counter productive, it shouldn't be the only tools in the box or even our endgame.

The end game is total eradication of bad leadership and if you think that bad leadership will disappear or yield peacefully because you are blocking the streets, disrupting an destroying the country, you are sadly mistaken because you are effectively losing goodwill and inviting the government to move in and install law and order.

Leave the streets and go to the nearest drawing board to draw up a plan to take power respectfully, credibly and legitimately at the polls.

Stop being lazy, get off he streets, start thinking and behaving like responsible adults, start acting like real leaders with sense of duty, mental competence and leadership qualities to lead 200 million people , show the world that you are ready to lead.
Re: ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. by IamPlato(m): 11:42pm On Oct 19, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
can you at least mention five major roads that are blocked by protests right now undecided
how can you ask me this? are you not seeing updates

bro only in badagry there are more than five blockages and badagry is an international road. i live in badagry.

WHAT of lekki, alausa, ikeja, lagos airport now, lagos ibadan road... are you asleep?

1 Like

Re: ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. by XXXXTENTACION: 11:46pm On Oct 19, 2020
IamPlato:
how can you ask me this? are you not seeing updates

bro only in badagry there are more than five blockages and badagry is an international road. i live in badagry.

WHAT of lekki, alausa, ikeja, lagos airport now, lagos ibadan road... are you asleep?
so because roads are blocked by protesters they should end the protest right undecided
Re: ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. by forgiveness: 11:51pm On Oct 19, 2020
Kudejo:

[i]The hoodlums who attacked #EndSARS protesters in Abuja were not government sponsored, they were simply locals and motorists who are tired of this nonsense[/i]. What is the point of blocking roads when politicians have helicopters?

How did you know?
Re: ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. by IamPlato(m): 11:54pm On Oct 19, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
so because roads are blocked by protesters they should end the protest right undecided
Lol.. I am done with you... Bye

1 Like

Re: ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. by IamPlato(m): 11:58pm On Oct 19, 2020
NGpatriot:

What is going on right now has nothing to do with ENDSARS, it's basically mindless looting, destruction and economic sabotage. You can not keep shouting all over the place that you are the leaders of tomorrow while destroying your tomorrow.

If this is really about bad governance , why not just organize and strategize, start a youth centric political part, draw up a list of competent and credible youth leaders and get rid of these old politicians from top to bottom?

It's obvious that we have the power, the votes and the drive to change things for good, but shouting, disrupting and destroying the country is counter productive, it shouldn't be the only tools in the box or even our endgame.

The end game is total eradication of bad leadership and if you think that bad leadership will disappear or yield peacefully because you are blocking the streets, disrupting an destroying the country, you are sadly mistaken because you are effectively losing goodwill and inviting the government to move in and install law and order.

Leave the streets and go to the nearest drawing board to draw up a plan to take power respectfully, credibly and legitimately at the polls.

Stop being lazy, get off he streets, start thinking and behaving like responsible adults, start acting like real leaders with sense of duty, mental competence and leadership qualities to lead 200 million people , show the world that you are ready to lead.

They won't listen because celebrities motivated them to this...

Where is Wizkid and Burnaboy? Protesting in London I guess.... Why not come to Abuja and protest...

The others here are the motivation

Who fights fire with fire?

Who slits his own throat and expect another person to bleed to death?

Only Nigerian youths think like that

1 Like

Re: ENDSARS. Things Are Getting Out Of Hand. Government Must Move In. by olabukola: 11:58pm On Oct 19, 2020
Miyetti Allah is accusing Jagaban of being the sponsor of the protest.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Pictures Of President Buhari Visit To Tinubu In London / Breaking News.. Fr Mbaka Apologies To Peter Obi and his supporters. Pictures. / Who Is The Father And Mother Of Jide Sanwo Olu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.