Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,553 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:12 AM

Families Selling Land With The Intention Of Reclaiming It In Future? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Families Selling Land With The Intention Of Reclaiming It In Future? (592 Views)

The Families Who Sold Land To Me Wants Their Cut. / Treasure Island Estate Igbogbo Ikorodu Now Selling Land With C Of O / Families Disagree Over Building Renovation In Lagos - See What They Did (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Families Selling Land With The Intention Of Reclaiming It In Future? by ikorodureporta: 6:43am On Oct 20, 2020
I've heard of some cases in Lagos island where some families came back to resell their already sold land to the owners... In Ikorodu, I also observe how some areas are still being monitored by the original sellers with notices of ownership, gates, etc..

Do you think it's right? How secured are those properties??

Check out the notice I saw online...

lalasticlala

Re: Families Selling Land With The Intention Of Reclaiming It In Future? by nosiebaba(m): 6:46am On Oct 20, 2020
Yoruba people and greed. If nigerian justice was free and fair, I would have just said. We will meet in court na.
Re: Families Selling Land With The Intention Of Reclaiming It In Future? by Mynd44: 7:08am On Oct 20, 2020
ikorodureporta:
I've heard of some cases in Lagos island where some families came back to resell their already sold land to the owners... In Ikorodu, I also observe how some areas are still being monitored by the original sellers with notices of ownership, gates, etc..

lalasticlala
I dnt understand the problem. There is a difference between selling and leasing.

Even a lot of lands in Lekki are not sold but on 50 year leases and the property reverts. Learn to read the fine prints
Re: Families Selling Land With The Intention Of Reclaiming It In Future? by Perfecttouchade: 7:22am On Oct 20, 2020
Just imagine..as a buyer make sure u check properly if it's a lease agreement or outright sale u are dealing
Re: Families Selling Land With The Intention Of Reclaiming It In Future? by ikorodureporta: 7:24am On Oct 20, 2020
Mynd44:

I dnt understand the problem. There is a difference between selling and leasing.

Even a lot of lands in Lekki are not sold but on 50 year leases and the property reverts. Learn to read the fine prints

In my area, there's nothing like "lease" in the agreement & receipts, yet the families are strictly monitoring the area with notices of ownership & gates.. or do you think they included "lease" in their agreement as stated in the letter
Re: Families Selling Land With The Intention Of Reclaiming It In Future? by kmaster007: 7:45am On Oct 20, 2020
ikorodureporta:

lalasticlala
like Ojora family still doing it up till now
Re: Families Selling Land With The Intention Of Reclaiming It In Future? by Mynd44: 8:03am On Oct 20, 2020
ikorodureporta:

In my area, there's nothing like "lease" in the agreement & receipts, yet the families are strictly monitoring the area with notices of ownership & gates.. or do you think they included "lease" in their agreement as stated in the letter
I typed that in response to the image attached. They people are saying the land was leased and not sold. If the people who "bought" the land say/think otherwise, seek redress

2 Likes

Re: Families Selling Land With The Intention Of Reclaiming It In Future? by Perfecttouchade: 8:57am On Oct 20, 2020
Mynd44:

I typed that in response to the image attached. They people are saying the land was leased and not sold. If the people who "bought" the land say/think otherwise, seek redress
most of the lands bought by our old folks are on lease and after an agreed years, they will have to buy it from the land owner's existing/living children
Re: Families Selling Land With The Intention Of Reclaiming It In Future? by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 20, 2020
Mynd44:

Please attend to my mail Sir

(1) (Reply)

Concrete Stamp Or Interlocking Stones / Check This Bungalow For Sale In Lagos / What Are The Best Sump Pump For Basements??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.