Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Government Expecting One Million MT Steel From $1.5 Billion Steel Plant - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Government Expecting One Million MT Steel From $1.5 Billion Steel Plant (10437 Views)

Shuaibu Abubakar-Audu: Nigeria Needs Over $2bn To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Plant / Nigeria Exports 17.9 Million MT Of LNG In 2021, Tops Africa’s Chart / $600m Steel Plant Will Be Nigeria’s Highest Non-oil FDI – Gupta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Government Expecting One Million MT Steel From $1.5 Billion Steel Plant by skyeward: 12:07pm On Oct 20, 2020
What happened to Ajaokuta Steel Company?
Northern Agenda.

1 Like

Re: Government Expecting One Million MT Steel From $1.5 Billion Steel Plant by sulaak(m): 12:50pm On Oct 20, 2020
mustmust:
Well I must give it to the government on this one. If properly harnessed it will bring about industrial development but data is going to be the basis for the next industrial revolution so govt need to up its game

Have you seen any evidence of a steel plant being constructed in Kaduna state?

We are all witness how Indian so-called investors took over Ajaokuta Steel plant, Delta steel (now renamed premier steel) and Itakpe iron ore mines, using loans acquired from Nigerian banks to buy's these assets and running them to the ground.

Last years El Rufai said a six hundred million dollar steel plant will be completed by December 2020 in Kagarko Local Council.

Now we are being told by the Indian that they are building a $1.5 billion steel plant, do a google search you will find no evidence of a steel plant under construction in Kaduna state, I hope that I am wrong and someone can share evidence of the steel plant construction.

https://nipc.gov.ng/2019/09/16/kaduna-steel-plant-worth-600m-to-be-completed-by-december-2020/
Re: Government Expecting One Million MT Steel From $1.5 Billion Steel Plant by sulaak(m): 12:51pm On Oct 20, 2020
NafeesaAA:
The Steel Plant is a private company not public, the iron ore is sourced from Kaduna. I don't know why any positive from the North brings so much distain, vile and open hatred .

So Private Companies shouldn't invest in the North or what? This is one of the legacy of El Rufai, bringing in private investors to KD. We saw the Olam along Abuja Road, we saw the Rice Mills and the Peugeot/Dangote car assembly plant. Thabk you El Rufai

Go back to your state governors and ask them what exactly are they doing

Chief, can you please share images of the steel plant under construction.
Re: Government Expecting One Million MT Steel From $1.5 Billion Steel Plant by sulaak(m): 12:56pm On Oct 20, 2020
SmartMugu:

So the entire $1.5b came from the Indian company and FG is talking about the Indian's $1.5b investment?
What attracted the insult about my governor or local government chairman? Is the minister of finance your state governor or who talked about any governor or local government chairman here? Must any question attract tribal or stereotypic insults from your end? Grow up bro.

They said the steel plant will cost $600 in 2019, now they claim that it will now cost $1.5 billion. I am still searching for the construction site but this is Nigeria.

The Kaduna state Governor, Nasiru El-Rufai, says a six hundred million dollar steel plant will be completed by December 2020 in Kagarko Local Coucil.https://nipc.gov.ng/2019/09/16/kaduna-steel-plant-worth-600m-to-be-completed-by-december-2020/

1 Like

Re: Government Expecting One Million MT Steel From $1.5 Billion Steel Plant by sulaak(m): 3:56pm On Oct 20, 2020
I always have my doubt when it comes to Indian companies.

I did some search on African Natural Resources and Mines, an African Industries Group company in Kaduna and couldn't find any evidence of their construction sites in Kaduna, for a business that is delivering a $1.5 billion project they can do more than presenting stock images on their website.

I suggest Nigerians do their due diligence before supporting any Nigerian or private company initiative or investment, in this current Covid-19 climate there are little resources to invest, majority of those Indian companies are looking for new opportunities to defraud Nigerian banks and CBN.
Re: Government Expecting One Million MT Steel From $1.5 Billion Steel Plant by sulaak(m): 4:03pm On Oct 20, 2020
A company with 32 staff and stated revenue of $6million will build a $1.5 billion steel plant?

https://www.zoominfo.com/p/Alok-Gupta/-1364898677

Boosting investor confidence is critical to the success of AfCFTA
Alok Gupta , Managing Director of African Natural Resources and Mines Limited (ANRML), the company that is building the integrated steel plant, said t...

African Industries is a diversified West African Conglomerate that employs over 4,000 people from over 10 countries. The Group has operations in eight locations... Read More

Headquarters
Headquarters:
PO Box 1006, Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
Website
www.africanindustries.com
Employees
Employees:
Revenue
Revenue:
$6 Million
Re: Government Expecting One Million MT Steel From $1.5 Billion Steel Plant by new2012: 4:40pm On Oct 20, 2020
rafindo:

Pls try and read properly .the news was not that long.

It a private company investment.
Because I know who works there.

Sometimes the blurr lies in your ow eyes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uche Secondus Refutes Suspension Claims / 2019: Okorocha Tackles Osita Okechukwu / Zamfara PDP Hails Buhari Over Successes Against Banditry, Others In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.