Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

A Powerful Weakness - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Powerful Weakness (426 Views)

Is It Weakness To Ask For Help As A Guy? / A Fallen Hero (A Powerful Lesson From The Soldiers) / My Weakness (a Must Read) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Powerful Weakness by Sommypan(m): 9:46am On Oct 20, 2020
Ten thousand years of years of searching and still no sign of her.

And it’s not like I haven’t made any attempts at finding her; I mean, where else would I look? It’s as if she completely vanished from the universe, not just the earth. Because if she were in this world, definitely, I would have seen her. But as things stand now, I just had one more clue to try out; after that, I would give up hope of ever loving someone.

To say the truth, it’s actually been six years, not ten thousand. But believe me, every second of those years had felt like ages; every creeping, grueling second was spent searching for someone who stole my heart six years ago.

You might be guessing why I’m starting this way. Well, I never wanted to tell this story, but I was advised to do so, in hopes that she might come across it. And who knows? Maybe she had also been looking for me. Please, also help me and tell this story; maybe, together, we can find her.

Six years! And not one memory of her blurred or clouded over by events that later happened in my life. I love her very much. She’s my Holy Grail.

I fell in love with her in my Primary Six (yeah, I know, it’s childish. And you might just be tempted to dismiss this as one childish infatuation thingy, but before you conclude, hear me out). We were classmates then; we even sat on the same long seat. Even then, while I was still twelve, she was the most beautiful creature I’ve ever laid my eyes on. And she still is. She was very fair, and smallish. She had a tenor voice, but had a soul-thrilling laughter. She had a pointed nose with big nostrils, but her eyes could make you forget you were in this world. She was the girl that my heart flutter for the first and last time.

She was Chinaza.

Read more ➡️ https://www.thezenpens.com/2019/01/13/a-powerful-weakness-a-flash-fiction-by-somtoochukwu-benedict-ezioha/

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Predator That Is A Man / Hire Creative Writer / Longterm_permanent Professional Writers Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.