Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,909 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters (22085 Views)

INEC Responds To Demands To Cancel Presidential Election. / Saraki Shouldn't Invite Trouble For Himself Because Of Greed - Tony Momoh / How Obasanjo, Nuhu Ribadu, Ezekwesili Destroyed Nigeria’s Democracy – Tony Momoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters by Nat2008(m): 2:39pm On Oct 20, 2020
Listen to the people and their demands, simple.
Re: Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters by okeyumez(m): 2:39pm On Oct 20, 2020
House fly that does not listen to advice often end in a grave with dead body
Re: Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters by codeigniter(m): 2:39pm On Oct 20, 2020
How To Make Money from 49ja (bet9ja) Using a Bet Bot
As a person who gambles I have lost a lot of money gambling because when we gamble everything is totally against us, i.e. the odds, your psyche, physical health etc. I am sure you do know someone who stares at LiveScore all day long! I noticed that whenever I play games for the first time in a long time, I tend to win, though i thought it was mere beginner's luck after playing for a while consistently i tend to lose all my money except when I cashed out earlier so I discovered that our psychology of not wanting to lose or chasing loss is what leads to most gambling loss and our inability to manage risk or calculate properly. that's why I automated 49ja with my programming skills. The bots i made runs on steps (algorithms) that tends to work most of the time to learn more about the bot. watch this short demo
How To Make Money 49ja (bet9ja) Using Bet Bot
As a person who gambles I have lost a lot of money gambling because when we gamble everything totally against us, i.e. the odds, your psyche, physical health etc. I am sure you do know someone who stares at LiveScore all day long! I noticed that whenever I play games for the first time in a long time, I tend to win, though i thought it was mere beginner's luck after playing for a while consistently i tend to lose all money except when I cash out earlier so I discovered was that our psychology of not wanting to loss or chasing lose is what leads to most gambling loss and our inability to manage risk or calculate properly. that's why I automated 49ja with my programming skills. The bots i made runs on steps (algorithms) that tends to work most of the time to learn more about the bot. watch this short demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJiq76Z5sTw
Re: Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters by scopusng(m): 2:39pm On Oct 20, 2020
Make I go look for DPO uniform put on jare. #EndSarS
Re: Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters by Rugaria: 2:40pm On Oct 20, 2020
They are feeling the heat... That means they need more pressure... More protests.. more energy... No let offs..
Re: Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters by Blessytee(f): 2:44pm On Oct 20, 2020
Nigeria ooo
Re: Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters by xynerise: 2:44pm On Oct 20, 2020
sammysmiles:
Why hasn't this old man addressed us

They are still typing his expo speech
Re: Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters by lexy2014: 2:53pm On Oct 20, 2020
Miyachi:
The thing is, the government isn't ready to budge.

Your president laughed when Sanwo-Olu was briefing him on some of the demands being made, that should give you an idea of what he thinks about the protests.

This is June 2019. Buhari isn't interested in police reforms

https://www.channelstv.com/2019/06/03/committee-on-sars-reforms-submits-report-to-buhari/amp/
Re: Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters by MrNipplesLover(m): 2:56pm On Oct 20, 2020
this Buhari is just a cursed fellow.

all the demands are simple for these idiot people to solve oooh.

but their selfish interest no go let dem hear and since dem no want hear, we go make dem deaf totally.

foolish people.

we move ✌

1 Like

Re: Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters by Omezif(m): 2:58pm On Oct 20, 2020
The bad example of this government is taking them time before solving some minute issues.

1 Like

Re: Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters by Yakubu113: 2:59pm On Oct 20, 2020
Finally an APC man that understand what's going on i which mr President will listen to him because ban on protest will not work deployment of the military will also not work curfew will not work sponsoring of thugs will not work.
Re: Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters by letitrainnow(m): 2:59pm On Oct 20, 2020
Good advice. grin
Re: Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters by lexy2014: 3:01pm On Oct 20, 2020
Kingdemu:
I never had an encounter with members of police SARS, but I stood in solidarity with the agitators even though we slightly differ in terms of the fate of the unit.

While I am for it's reform, the protesters are for it's decommissioning. In the end, the protesters had their way, the government succumbed to their demand and decommissioned it.

At this juncture, having made the gov't to disband the unit and quickly rolled out modalities towards reforming the Nigerian police, what was expected of the protesters was the suspension of the protest and instead monitor the process of implementing the reforms to ensure that it is effected to the later.

Where they started losing it was when some of those supporting the protests began to insult, malign and even blackmail those who question why they continued with the protest after what was seen by all as an initial success.

Also, perhaps intoxicated by the euphoria, other Nigerians who complained that their lives were made miserable as a result of the blockade of the road by the protesters were not left out in the insults.

Soon the protesters started behaving like the SARS they were up against, asking people to live with the hardship, that they were fighting for their salvation. That was a wrong thing to do. You can't force people into supporting your movement, you make your movement appeal to them, and none of which is by denying them their freedom of movement and telling them to live with it.

Now the protesters are saying thugs have infiltrated them, pointing accusing fingers at the ruling party. Whether the accusation is true or not is not the issue, what is the issue is that they gave room for whoever drafted the thugs by not listening to the voice of reason.

If they had listened, and quickly announced the suspension of the protest to give the government the benefit of the doubt, whoever planned the said 'infiltration' of the thugs would have done that, and their protest would have been a complete success.

Now they are busy trying to dissociate themselves from the thugs which will be difficult. Whether they were brought in to disrupt the protest or not, they are using your umbrella and hashtag. At this point, learn to take responsibility of your mistakes and move on, otherwise your own call for government to take responsibility will be a hoax.

U are highly mistaken and speaking from a jaundiced point of view. Your attempt to try to balance d narrative gives ur true intentions away.

Pls find below a link that shows u why d protests was beyond mere disbanding SARS. Take note of d date:

https://www.channelstv.com/2019/06/03/committee-on-sars-reforms-submits-report-to-buhari/amp/

Question: why didn't buhari act on this report since June 2019?

2 Likes

Re: Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters by lordkay10(m): 3:03pm On Oct 20, 2020
Kingdemu:
I never had an encounter with members of police SARS, but I stood in solidarity with the agitators even though we slightly differ in terms of the fate of the unit.

While I am for it's reform, the protesters are for it's decommissioning. In the end, the protesters had their way, the government succumbed to their demand and decommissioned it.

At this juncture, having made the gov't to disband the unit and quickly rolled out modalities towards reforming the Nigerian police, what was expected of the protesters was the suspension of the protest and instead monitor the process of implementing the reforms to ensure that it is effected to the later.

Where they started losing it was when some of those supporting the protests began to insult, malign and even blackmail those who question why they continued with the protest after what was seen by all as an initial success.

Also, perhaps intoxicated by the euphoria, other Nigerians who complained that their lives were made miserable as a result of the blockade of the road by the protesters were not left out in the insults.

Soon the protesters started behaving like the SARS they were up against, asking people to live with the hardship, that they were fighting for their salvation. That was a wrong thing to do. You can't force people into supporting your movement, you make your movement appeal to them, and none of which is by denying them their freedom of movement and telling them to live with it.

Now the protesters are saying thugs have infiltrated them, pointing accusing fingers at the ruling party. Whether the accusation is true or not is not the issue, what is the issue is that they gave room for whoever drafted the thugs by not listening to the voice of reason.

If they had listened, and quickly announced the suspension of the protest to give the government the benefit of the doubt, whoever planned the said 'infiltration' of the thugs would have done that, and their protest would have been a complete success.

Now they are busy trying to dissociate themselves from the thugs which will be difficult. Whether they were brought in to disrupt the protest or not, they are using your umbrella and hashtag. At this point, learn to take responsibility of your mistakes and move on, otherwise your own call for government to take responsibility will be a hoax.
May your wisdom never go dry. These are the type of posts I love to interact with on this forum, thumbs up to you bro

1 Like

Re: Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters by lexy2014: 3:05pm On Oct 20, 2020
Joshmodest:
The moment people started dying it was clear the protest was fast losing its salt....
We were protesting for the good of people and in turn we stopped people from getting their daily bread as if the food at the protest ground can feed everyone , and we sent innocent kids who just resumed after a long break and teachers who have stayed months without salaries back home ....
There is no way you repair the future by destroying today ...I thought we should have re strategize when we had the chance , maybe give the govt a week or two to implement and return at their failure to do so ....
Sadly we allowed the influencers and those who were feeding off the protest to take us to the hoodlums highway , now they've hijacked the protest, used it to vent at the police and the whole thing might just die a natural death !!
We've successfully cooked jollof rice then we allowed thugs to pack sand inside , So sad for all those who lost their lives in this protest !!!

A few days ago, some protesters kept vigil at CBN headquarters in Abuja. While they were asleep & some still awake, they were attacked by thugs at 3am in d morning. Pls can u provide a logical explanation to that?

1 Like

Re: Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters by Mykaelz001(m): 3:10pm On Oct 20, 2020
Joshmodest:
The moment people started dying it was clear the protest was fast losing its salt....
We were protesting for the good of people and in turn we stopped people from getting their daily bread as if the food at the protest ground can feed everyone , and we sent innocent kids who just resumed after a long break and teachers who have stayed months without salaries back home ....
There is no way you repair the future by destroying today ...I thought we should have re strategize when we had the chance , maybe give the govt a week or two to implement and return at their failure to do so ....
Sadly we allowed the influencers and those who were feeding off the protest to take us to the hoodlums highway , now they've hijacked the protest, used it to vent at the police and the whole thing might just die a natural death !!
We've successfully cooked jollof rice then we allowed thugs to pack sand inside , So sad for all those who lost their lives in this protest !!!

Sad to say but for you to rebuild you will have to destroy especially then the foundation is faulty...

Remember sey when the head don dey mad na the whole body dey follow am mad.

1 Like

Re: Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters by FARA4GA: 3:11pm On Oct 20, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahTixVEoNsY

After taking over Orile police station, EndSARS protesters have now overrun Ajegunle police station as they kick against police brutality in Nigeria
Re: Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters by Brushstrokes20: 3:13pm On Oct 20, 2020
This dude is trying to make sense for the first time!
Re: Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters by cray91(m): 3:16pm On Oct 20, 2020
you just wrote nonsense!

what the Bleep is school or salaries being paid by teachers

when corona lockdown made students and teachers sit at home for months did they die

whether you know it or not after all these if the government respond it benefits everyone including the teachers being paid peanuts why leaders just chopping millions daily without doing anything
Joshmodest:

1 Like

Re: Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters by Rapidpolystyren(m): 3:20pm On Oct 20, 2020
Kingdemu:

you don't understand how the government works
Re: Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters by Chiboto414: 3:22pm On Oct 20, 2020
Take that idiot man words and throw away the modafucker inside the hell fire..nonsense man.
Re: Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters by ILoveDemMANNA: 3:23pm On Oct 20, 2020
Kingdemu:

You have many good points here
Re: Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters by Mykaelz001(m): 3:25pm On Oct 20, 2020
Kingdemu:

Please I just have a simple question for you..

What stops the president from addressing the protesters (Nigerians) the people he's serving knowing fully well that addressing them solidifies all the information being sent out by the vice president, ministers and aids on implementing the demands of the protesters (Nigerians).

Is the president sick? Or is he now bigger than the people he serves?

Is he trying to play politics on trying to dodge having anything to do with the demands of his people?
Re: Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters by ahmedajadi(m): 3:30pm On Oct 20, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:
Naija youths......
WHAT TO DO FOR NOW?
I suggest that YOU back out of the protest for now.
The Nigerian youths have made their presence felt and their voices heard.
A wise performer leaves the stage when the ovation is high.
Let's not allow bad eggs to spoil our achievements so that we can successfully build on this in subsequent months and years

#EndSARSBrutality
Peaceful protest is the way to go.
#IStandWithAPeacefulProtest

I love NIGERIA. My new Nigeria.

My most happiest time of this protest was when I saw where the youths pursued Omoyele Sowore alele...
They were shouting at him, "GO AWAY",
We don't want you here.
We don't want you or any politician.
Why are you wearing Revolution Now shirt?
You are supposed to be wearing EndSARS.
Sowore, get away from here,
We don't need you
GO away before we change am for you.
If you want to support us, go do so on twitter....
Just GO AWAY!!

Yele was just blabbing, he couldn't say any words that makes sense other than, 'I am here so you won't be killing yourselves or people supporting you bla bla bla' grin

These are the youths that want a good and better Nigeria, not some criminals and fraudsters using protest as bojuboju.
Even The crimimal Melaye Dino got his own hot backlash few days ago.
Una all go hear am in due time.

Even when one Kanu follower try to make his demi-god relevant in this genuine protest by Naija youths, they sent him back to Kanu as e dey hot!
A kanu follower telling Nigerians that it was because of Kanu on biafra radio that sane nigerians are contributing money. Food , water, drinks to we protesters all over Nigeria.
The youths quickly cleared him sharp sharp grin

Ur Nnamdi Kanu dey craze in this protest.
Nobody listen to your radio biafuro bvllshit.
Naija youths are in this alone. Fvck mad Kanu wherever he is. A coward that ran away and left his followers like you to fend for ur sef. Cover ur eyes in shame.
Even die-hard sowore was disgraced and pursued away,
Not to talk of useless, coward kanu.
You just want to shook his name and make the idiot relevant in this genuine protest by Nigerian youths, as e dey hot.
He should run back to his so called zoo and lead the protest now! Dead on Arrival.
Correct Naija youths.....We moveeee.

For some bigots and political party animals that think this protest is about one political party,
No, you are wrong.
The foundation of this nation has been destroyed for over 60 years now.
Now is the time to take it back.
We have been sitting on a time bomb few years into this Dem-all-Crazy since 1999.
We will visit all politicians that looted our past and future one by one.
They will all vomit the future they looted and chop anyhow.
Na turn by turn, Wait for your turn.
Naija youths ti take over...

#NigeriaMustBeGreat

Up Correct Naija Youths...
WE MOVEEEEEE!!!
This guy, we no understand you for this forum again ooo. No be you dey call Buhari your Darling Daddy or you no know say na your Darling Daddy government Nigerians are tired of? Abeg we don't want pretenders here.
Re: Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters by Dayogreatlove(m): 3:33pm On Oct 20, 2020
That's a true talk.
The power of the people is much more stronger than that of those who are in power.
Listen to us and answer our requests.
Re: Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters by felzokugo(m): 3:42pm On Oct 20, 2020
Miyachi:
The thing is, the government isn't ready to budge.

Your president laughed when Sanwo-Olu was briefing him on some of the demands being made, that should give you an idea of what he thinks about the protests.
He's still able to laugh because d protest(may b a lil violent) has not been brought to his doormouth..
Re: Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters by Godkillbuhari(m): 3:44pm On Oct 20, 2020
ILoveDemMANNA:
Naija youths......
WHAT TO DO FOR NOW?
I suggest that YOU back out of the protest for now.
The Nigerian youths have made their presence felt and their voices heard.
A wise performer leaves the stage when the ovation is high.
Let's not allow bad eggs to spoil our achievements so that we can successfully build on this in subsequent months and years

#EndSARSBrutality
Peaceful protest is the way to go.
#IStandWithAPeacefulProtest

I love NIGERIA. My new Nigeria.

My most happiest time of this protest was when I saw where the youths pursued Omoyele Sowore alele...
They were shouting at him, "GO AWAY",
We don't want you here.
We don't want you or any politician.
Why are you wearing Revolution Now shirt?
You are supposed to be wearing EndSARS.
Sowore, get away from here,
We don't need you
GO away before we change am for you.
If you want to support us, go do so on twitter....
Just GO AWAY!!

Yele was just blabbing, he couldn't say any words that makes sense other than, 'I am here so you won't be killing yourselves or people supporting you bla bla bla' grin

These are the youths that want a good and better Nigeria, not some criminals and fraudsters using protest as bojuboju.
Even The crimimal Melaye Dino got his own hot backlash few days ago.
Una all go hear am in due time.

Even when one Kanu follower try to make his demi-god relevant in this genuine protest by Naija youths, they sent him back to Kanu as e dey hot!
A kanu follower telling Nigerians that it was because of Kanu on biafra radio that sane nigerians are contributing money. Food , water, drinks to we protesters all over Nigeria.
The youths quickly cleared him sharp sharp grin

Ur Nnamdi Kanu dey craze in this protest.
Nobody listen to your radio biafuro bvllshit.
Naija youths are in this alone. Fvck mad Kanu wherever he is. A coward that ran away and left his followers like you to fend for ur sef. Cover ur eyes in shame.
Even die-hard sowore was disgraced and pursued away,
Not to talk of useless, coward kanu.
You just want to shook his name and make the idiot relevant in this genuine protest by Nigerian youths, as e dey hot.
He should run back to his so called zoo and lead the protest now! Dead on Arrival.
Correct Naija youths.....We moveeee.

For some bigots and political party animals that think this protest is about one political party,
No, you are wrong.
The foundation of this nation has been destroyed for over 60 years now.
Now is the time to take it back.
We have been sitting on a time bomb few years into this Dem-all-Crazy since 1999.
We will visit all politicians that looted our past and future one by one.
They will all vomit the future they looted and chop anyhow.
Na turn by turn, Wait for your turn.
Naija youths ti take over...

#NigeriaMustBeGreat

Up Correct Naija Youths...
WE MOVEEEEEE!!!
we are coming for you and your darling daddy next , you changed your profile name right?? Your days and your darling daddys day are numbered , just watch your back Ass licker
Re: Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters by ILoveDemMANNA: 3:45pm On Oct 20, 2020
Naija Youths we win this war las las cool
Re: Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 20, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tony Momoh To Buhari: Listen To Demands Of #EndSARS Protesters by felzokugo(m): 3:52pm On Oct 20, 2020
Joshmodest:
Daily bread indeed! Is there a time in life that people dnt die? Even when there is peace. I can see you re d real definition of a hypocrite.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Emmanuel Atewe: Court Orders Final Seizure Of Properties Linked To Rtd General / OPC Says Killing Of 3 Obas Is Highest Insult To Yoruba Race / 2015: Sambo’s PDP Reconciliation Moves Unsettle APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.