Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,300 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Peaceful And Purposeful Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peaceful And Purposeful Protest (155 Views)

PHOTOS: Anglican Church Confers On Gov. Zulum 'courage And Purposeful Leadership / Peaceful And Purposeful Protest / Twelve Most Peaceful And Friendly States In Nigeria According To Political Zones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Peaceful And Purposeful Protest by thinkmoney(m): 3:50pm On Oct 20, 2020
Police institution was what I hated the most about Nigeria, but after some recent knowledge, I am now feeling like I should apologise to the police for the hate.
I have seen that like many other people, they are also victims of the oligarchs. I have learnt that there is a fund for them that have been moribund since 2015, despite huge money still set aside purportedly for it in the yearly budgets. And I have come to know that police recruits earn about #9000+!
The revelation I got from a short documentary that has got me close to nausea is the inhumane condition in the police college. The way the college is, one will be stupid to expect it to produce humans with, empathy, right mind set, healthy body and camaraderie. The condition there, is like the ones that obtained in the Germany death camps and Soviet Gulags. Such condition can only attract the outcasts of the society to start with. Seeing the way things are there, I shudder to imagine how our prisoners are treated (on the side now, I am thinking that a year in Nigeria prison should be enough sentence for even murder).
I am angry. We all should be.
To really keep this protest alive and to maintain its sanctity, we must quickly find a very few appealing and consensus demands. The fewer the demands, the more the message will be concise and keep ringing in the government's ear. See the way they quickly responded, when the demand was only just #EndSARS. Agreed, there are a lot of decades old ills to correct, but we can only take them on one at a time.
I also suggest that to appeal to the north - which we need - we shouldn't ask for Buhari's resignation, we elected him disregarding all the red flags, we should instead make the drastic reduction of the money our senators and house of rep members get the top priority in our demands. They must not earn more than say doctors in government hospitals.
The two main reason for reducing the cost of governance is; significant money will be set loose to support the welfares of teachers and police and only people with the masses at heart will be motivated to serve and vie for offices. The outrageous money only attracts bad eggs.
I further suggest we the people with good will should be ready to use necessary force, only against those elements that have started tarnishing the protest with violence.
Knowledge is power. The protest has enough force, but it appears to lack direction and focus now. A force no matter how powerful it is needs focus to move things -to be efficient and effective. The above suggestions should unite our cause.
I call on the police and military to join in a peaceful and purposeful protest. We are all victims of this old pot bellied men in government. Mad and selfish ghoulish demons.
Let's pursue them not only from government but from even their houses.
#EndMadness. Generation #sorosoke vs generation #off_the_mic. #EnSARS.
Re: Peaceful And Purposeful Protest by Rodwave: 4:03pm On Oct 20, 2020
There's no excuse for being wicked, callous and inhumane.

(1) (Reply)

Destruction Of Properties Sponsored By Nig Politicians To Justify Their Killings / Fact / BOLA TINUBU : The Fall Of An Emperor At Lekki Toll Gate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.