Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

VIDEO: I Won’t Sign Budget Without Provisions For SARS’ Victims – Gbajabiamila - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VIDEO: I Won’t Sign Budget Without Provisions For SARS’ Victims – Gbajabiamila (513 Views)

Senators Under Pressure To Pass 2024 Budget Without Scrutiny - Sahara Reporters / Senators, Reps Consider Tinubu’s ₦‎27.5 Trillion Budget Without Details / Buhari: Why I Won’t Sign Amended Electoral Bill Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

VIDEO: I Won’t Sign Budget Without Provisions For SARS’ Victims – Gbajabiamila by MYZOLE: 6:49pm On Oct 20, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OuOcdnzgdY

I won’t sign 2021 budget without provisions for
SARS’ victims – Gbajabiamila

Speaker, House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila on Tuesday said he would not sign the 2021 budget if the appropriation bill does not make provision for families of victims of SARS brutality.

Speaking during the House’s plenary on Tuesday, the Speaker said the police were not above the law and that they must be accountable to the people.

In his words: “I will not sign off on a 2021 budget that does not have adequate provisions to compensate those who have suffered violence from police in the last decade.”

He said he would be leading a delegation of lawmakers to pay condolence visits to families of some of those killed by the police, stressing that they would be honoured after the visit.

According to him, the National Assembly would establish a system of citizen-led accountability for the Nigerian Police Force because in a democracy the nation sets out to build, the police were not above the citizenry.

Gbajabiamila added that the police were servants of the people and not above the law, but guardians, saying that as the government endeavoured to hold the nation’s police to higher standards of professional conducts, they must also make sure they provided for the welfare of the men and women in uniform.

He appealed to #EndSARS protesters to be cautious in handling the matter, saying that they should not let their righteous cause be hijacked and brought the nation to its kneels, saying that this was the time to move their agitation from the streets.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/10/20/i-wont-sign-2021-budget-without-provisions-for-sars-victims-gbajabiamila/

Re: VIDEO: I Won’t Sign Budget Without Provisions For SARS’ Victims – Gbajabiamila by Newman20(m): 6:51pm On Oct 20, 2020
Re: VIDEO: I Won’t Sign Budget Without Provisions For SARS’ Victims – Gbajabiamila by Newman20(m): 6:52pm On Oct 20, 2020
Re: VIDEO: I Won’t Sign Budget Without Provisions For SARS’ Victims – Gbajabiamila by Eriokanmi: 6:52pm On Oct 20, 2020
Now you guys are talking
Please don't also forget to cut your budget by half. Nigeria is bleeding seriously in the hands of less than 500 people who earn more than their counterparts globally in a country termed the world headquarters of poverty. We are coming for you people
Re: VIDEO: I Won’t Sign Budget Without Provisions For SARS’ Victims – Gbajabiamila by jumobi1(m): 6:53pm On Oct 20, 2020
In the past “decade” but he just noticed. It’s all a game to them.
Re: VIDEO: I Won’t Sign Budget Without Provisions For SARS’ Victims – Gbajabiamila by DECENCY3: 6:53pm On Oct 20, 2020
MYZOLE:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OuOcdnzgdY

I won’t sign 2021 budget without provisions for
SARS’ victims – Gbajabiamila

Speaker, House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila on Tuesday said he would not sign the 2021 budget if the appropriation bill does not make provision for families of victims of SARS brutality.

Speaking during the House’s plenary on Tuesday, the Speaker said the police were not above the law and that they must be accountable to the people.

In his words: “I will not sign off on a 2021 budget that does not have adequate provisions to compensate those who have suffered violence from police in the last decade.”

He said he would be leading a delegation of lawmakers to pay condolence visits to families of some of those killed by the police, stressing that they would be honoured after the visit.

According to him, the National Assembly would establish a system of citizen-led accountability for the Nigerian Police Force because in a democracy the nation sets out to build, the police were not above the citizenry.

Gbajabiamila added that the police were servants of the people and not above the law, but guardians, saying that as the government endeavoured to hold the nation’s police to higher standards of professional conducts, they must also make sure they provided for the welfare of the men and women in uniform.

He appealed to #EndSARS protesters to be cautious in handling the matter, saying that they should not let their righteous cause be hijacked and brought the nation to its kneels, saying that this was the time to move their agitation from the streets.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/10/20/i-wont-sign-2021-budget-without-provisions-for-sars-victims-gbajabiamila/

We will not be happy until the salaries of National Assembly members are slashed and their seats are made part time jobs

1 Like 1 Share

Re: VIDEO: I Won’t Sign Budget Without Provisions For SARS’ Victims – Gbajabiamila by Newman20(m): 6:54pm On Oct 20, 2020
Seun Lalasticlala Mynd44

Promised land
Re: VIDEO: I Won’t Sign Budget Without Provisions For SARS’ Victims – Gbajabiamila by Newman20(m): 6:55pm On Oct 20, 2020
Re: VIDEO: I Won’t Sign Budget Without Provisions For SARS’ Victims – Gbajabiamila by Lovelive: 6:55pm On Oct 20, 2020
DECENCY3:

We will not be happy until the salaries of National Assembly members are slashed and their seats are made part time jobs
Re: VIDEO: I Won’t Sign Budget Without Provisions For SARS’ Victims – Gbajabiamila by EzeCanada: 7:15pm On Oct 20, 2020
Too late! boat has long sailed.
Re: VIDEO: I Won’t Sign Budget Without Provisions For SARS’ Victims – Gbajabiamila by gsley: 7:18pm On Oct 20, 2020
Nice one, but this will take another two to three weeks before it is implemented. ..... Then 3 to 6 month before the family get there benefit.....

Make una dey wine una self there
Re: VIDEO: I Won’t Sign Budget Without Provisions For SARS’ Victims – Gbajabiamila by slimfit1(m): 7:18pm On Oct 20, 2020
The compensation must come from the budget of the NASS if they care soo much, that's is not me trying to disrespect the victims. They should have represented the victims but they didn't.
Re: VIDEO: I Won’t Sign Budget Without Provisions For SARS’ Victims – Gbajabiamila by HAccord: 7:18pm On Oct 20, 2020
Window dressing. We want to see action.

If you all are waiting for protests to die down so you can continue as before, e go shock una.
Re: VIDEO: I Won’t Sign Budget Without Provisions For SARS’ Victims – Gbajabiamila by Vyzz: 8:32pm On Oct 20, 2020
cool
Re: VIDEO: I Won’t Sign Budget Without Provisions For SARS’ Victims – Gbajabiamila by olasehinde35130: 11:04pm On Oct 20, 2020
Window dressing. We want to see action. If you all are waiting for protests to die down so you can continue as before, e go shock una.

(1) (Reply)

Blood / Pope Francis Offers Pray For Nigeria �� / Thank U Dele Momodu For The Interview With Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.