Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

International SEO: What It Is And How To Do It - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / International SEO: What It Is And How To Do It (339 Views)

International SEO Agencies / The Ever-evolving World Of SEO: What You Need To Know In 2023 / Multilingual SEO And Best International SEO By Mind Mingles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

International SEO: What It Is And How To Do It by logitrain: 6:14am On Oct 21, 2020
International positioning is something that many online stores work either from the beginning of their strategy or when they have already reached a level of sales that encourages them to try their luck beyond their borders. And that's when the time comes to consider an international SEO strategy .

SEO Services in Lahore
Of course, in order to achieve this goal, many factors must be taken into account, some of them extremely important, which we will discuss in this post. So let's start from the beginning.

International web positioning What is it?

First of all, of course, is to answer the question of what is international SEO. It is nothing more and nothing less than optimizing your online store to position it in several countries and / or in several languages.
That is, if your company is in Spain but you also want to sell in Latin America or open a market in Portugal, you will have to work and optimize your website to appear in the search results of each of those countries.

SEO Services in Lahore

To know the results by country and thus make a first trial of the keywords that interest you, you can change the configuration of your Google. And choose that instead of Spanish from Spain, as is my case, it is based on Spanish from Latin America. Or directly change it to another totally different language.

Is it necessary for your online store to be international?

The internationalization of a website, obviously, is not always necessary, or it cannot always be done when the idea arises. Before taking that step, you have to take into account, not only the work and effort that it may entail, but the pros and cons that I briefly expose you below.

Advantages of having an international website

Sales growth
Building a stronger brand
Increase in prestige
Diversification of products and markets
Better resistance to crises, being in different markets
Disadvantages of internationalizing the web
You have to know very well the needs of each market and its target.
Increased investment: more products increase the number of employees, etc.
Different legislations

Tax payments in different countries

Greater development and investment in logistics

The advantages are very good, you don't have to give it much thought. What needs to be studied more carefully are the disadvantages, but here we are already talking about a business issue, so we simply wanted to draw your attention to it before you head to work your international SEO.
But if you are already clear that it is worth it and you want to do it, let's what we are going to do: the international positioning and the factors to take into account in order to carry it out successfully. That is, what must be done first to have an international SEO strategy that works.
If this is the case, and it is a significant volume or they have an interesting conversion rate, you can consider optimizing your SEO strategy to better reach those international destinations, taking into account the 4 points that I indicate below.

SEO Services in Lahore

Country-specific keywords

Surely you already know or at least you imagine that it is not the same to sell cars in Spain than to sell cars in Mexico. Or shampoo in Spain and shampoo in the UK. To overcome this barrier and aim well for your objective, it is important that you do keyword research oriented to each country.

Original content for each country

If they are countries that share the same language but with local differences (Spanish from Spain, Spanish from Mexico, Venezuela, Chile, Cuba ...) if you have separate stores, it is clear that you should write content for each one, focusing on their own words key.

But other times, it turns out that using the same keywords; the content is positioned in several countries, as is the case with the Innovadeluxe blog that I have posted before (although the search volume is higher on one site than on another). Or simply not you have the stores separated by countries of the same language, so it does not make sense to make several content.

In this case, what you can do is include the different variations of the keywords in the text, since in reality, the search intent is the same.

The other case is that they are countries with totally different languages : Spanish, English, German, Portuguese… Obviously, here you must have separate stores and each one with its specific content And nothing to literally translate expressions that in the other language do not make sense.
It is true that sometimes, due to lack of resources or time, automatic translators are used. Some of them do a good job, but it will always be advisable for a person who speaks that language to review the content and correct what squeaks. It is important, both for the user and for Google, to use a natural language with which to position better.

SEO Services in Lahore

Do content marketing with international SEO

This is a logical consequence of what we have mentioned in the previous point. And it is that although we have spoken keeping in mind more than anything in the content of the store, there is also a very important factor that should not escape us: the blog, which in most e-commerce can represent up to 70-80% of the traffic.

For example, if you are a store in Pakistan that also sells in Argentina, and you know that a specific term is a trend there, you can perfectly make a post based on the study of keywords for that term, specific to Argentina. As long as it does not cannibalize with other existing content that have the same search intent.

And of course, if it refers to a specific product that you do not have yet, you can add it to your store and include an SEO text focused on that search intention and that keyword, but more oriented to the purchase and not the information, as it would be the blog.
This is a crucial point, not only in international SEO but SEO in general: the strategy and content marketing of your store and blog must be complementary . Remember that many people will know your brand thanks to the information you offer on your blog, and you will be able to take it to your store with well-crafted content.

Define your client according to their country

This is another very important element. Behind the search volumes, of using different variations of the same keyword or using it in completely different languages, there are people. And we have to know well those people - our target - and their behavior when selling a product or covering a need. It is not about making a store in different languages and that's it.

SEO Services in Lahore

I am going to invent an example, and so we will see it clearly. Imagine you sell rugs. In Spain, let's imagine that carpets are bought online without problem, because they are used very day to day, stepping on them at the entrance of the house, in the kitchen, etc. However, in the UK, where rugs are also sold very well, their use is more decorative than anything else. So it is more difficult to sell them online, even though they are very sought after - but mostly they end up going to a store to buy.

Take care of the web structure

Once we have carried out the previous steps, it is time to get into more slippery terrain: the web structure of your online store.
Everything I have told you so far is a little to work on international SEO that arises as an opportunity. But be careful, because if internationalizing your store is something that you are very clear about what you want to do from the beginning , the first thing you have to ask yourself is if you want multistore, if you want separate domains, etc.

SEO Services in Lahore

In any case, I'll talk about the technical factors for the internationalization of your online business in a future post, as it seems better to me to separate the two concepts. On the one hand, be clear about how international SEO works as a strategy. And on the other, knowing what optimizations you have to perform at a technical level to be 100% successful in your international SEO. But this first reflection on the web organization is very important in terms of how you approach everything else, so I wanted to leave it already mentioned here.

Conclusions

As you can see, personally, I think that before you start considering having several online stores for different languages or even countries with similar languages, you have to study the market well. You have to know the expectations, opportunities you have and the volume of work that will entail and if you can face it right now.

That is why in this first post, I have talked more about content and people than anything else. But once you have this clear, then yes, we can talk about what needs to be done to sell with your store in other countries. So stay tuned, because that's exactly what I'm going to tell about in my next post!

High quality aws solutions architect certification and courses in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide and Online.

(1) (Reply)

Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War And Warzone Season 1 Rewards Teased / The Levels Of LIFE / Jobfan Recruitment Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.