Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan (24062 Views)

Makinde Deploys Free Buses Over Fuel, Naira Crises / Governor Umahi: We Have Deployed Ebubeagu, Security Operatives To Troubled Areas / EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst To Tackle Thugs Disguising As Protester (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan by Ramsey19: 7:35am On Oct 21, 2020
By Adeola Badru

Following the violence that trailed the ENDSARS protest in Ibadan, Oyo State capital, Governor of the state, Mr. Seyi Makinde, has deployed members of the Operation Burst to various hotspots in the metropolis, to arrest the situation and restore normalcy.

The governor, in a broadcast on Tuesday, hinted that members of the team will continue to protect genuine protesters and their right to protest, pointing out that the state would not allow persons with ulterior motives to hijack the protests.

He said: “I have always said that peaceful protests are an important part of our democratic process, and no one should be harassed or brutalised for protesting. For this reason, we deployed members of Operation Burst to protect protesters. And we are happy to report that there have been no cases of disruptions of protest grounds in Oyo State since they started work.”

“However, the past two days have seen a new dimension to the ongoing protests. Thugs and hoodlums have taken advantage of the situation to perpetrate uncivil acts and harass citizens who are going about their day-to-day activities.”

“Some thugs are going as far as forcing people who have businesses open to close shop and join in the protests. We know these are criminal elements. And so, as a state, we must act to protect the citizenry.”
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/10/endsars-makinde-deploys-operation-burst-team-to-troubled-spots-in-ibadan/

7 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan by Olarewaju89: 7:39am On Oct 21, 2020
God will punish all the politicians in Nigeria

Useless coward people undecided

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 21, 2020
Olarewaju89:
God will punish all the politicians in Nigeria

Useless coward people undecided
You guys are not being fair. What do you want them to do? Sit and watch while the hoodlums amongst you destroy and loot properties?

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan by SaintBeehot(m): 7:54am On Oct 21, 2020
OZOnNengiTheory:
You guys are not being fair. What do you want them to do? Sit and watch while the hoodlums amongst you destroy and loot properties?
sense is very far from you.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan by Baawaa(m): 7:58am On Oct 21, 2020
When it comes to what we benefits Nigerians, our politicians will come together to against them.God will punish them all

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan by Freestainworld(m): 7:59am On Oct 21, 2020
My brother, let's be honest, hoodlums are hijacking the protest thereby endangering the lives of the peaceful protesters, you want the state governors to keep mute while properties are being destroyed?

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan by Jorussia(m): 8:01am On Oct 21, 2020
OZOnNengiTheory:
The purpose of the protest has already be defeated.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan by Chapii: 8:02am On Oct 21, 2020
The only place that needs revolution in this country is Lagos. This is the only state where the names of all elected offices is written in one man's bedroom. If this Lekki incidence will achieve that, then it's worth it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan by Abiamaka(m): 8:16am On Oct 21, 2020
Sheyb makinde still dey address
Wetyn bubu do?
Na to dey welcome emir
Heartless human being

4 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan by LoySupremo: 8:16am On Oct 21, 2020
undecided undecided.
Re: EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan by Jestin: 8:16am On Oct 21, 2020
Citizens are protesting against brutality and you deployed soldiers to brutalize and kill them. Buhari get sense at all?

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan by WandaNara: 8:16am On Oct 21, 2020
THUNDER FIRE Tinubu OJUYOBO D DESPERADO

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan by dadebayo1(m): 8:17am On Oct 21, 2020
Better... Operation burst personnel have been given strict orders to protect peaceful protesters... Better Governor..

14 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan by Britishcoins(m): 8:17am On Oct 21, 2020
Hmm, yesterday at Ojoo Ibadan was the day I will never forget in hurry, the gun shot was much, last last it was army barrack I found myself with my goods how I made it there still surprised me. I was there live even when one civilian was shot at the other side of the road leading to Iwo road..
Pls let end the protest

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan by BruncleZuma: 8:17am On Oct 21, 2020
End all of them...any special team created by the government always abuse their powers.
Re: EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:17am On Oct 21, 2020
He is yet to learn a lesson
Re: EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan by 4tomandchi: 8:17am On Oct 21, 2020
When I look at how protesters have been treated in the USA, Thailand, Hong Kong, Argentina the list goes on I want to weep for my country Nigeria.

All our leaders can think of as solution is to crack down on protesters with soldiers and hire tugs to kill peaceful unarmed protesters. Shutting down cities and stars at this critical time is unlawful and undemocratic the killing of citizens ungodly.

The imposition of these restrictions is a sign of fear or defeat.

We must not relent in our quest for a better country and only us can shape that future.

Seeing the police and army protect and not arrest armed tugs only point to the fact that the government is the sponsors of this miscreants with no future.

Please I call on all protesters to always protest where and when it is safe the government is already caged and heading for doom.

RIP to our brothers and sisters who's lives had to be sacrificed for the liberation of our country you are martyrs.

#LetsLiberateNigeria

5 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan by malali: 8:17am On Oct 21, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan by humilitypays(m): 8:17am On Oct 21, 2020
angry
Re: EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan by ILoveDemMANNA: 8:17am On Oct 21, 2020
WHAT TO DO FOR NOW?
I suggest that YOU back out of the protest for now.
The Nigerian youths have made their presence felt and their voices heard.
A wise performer leaves the stage when the ovation is high.
Let's not allow bad eggs to spoil our achievements so that we can successfully build on this in subsequent months and years

And this is only for genuine protesters, not hoodlums releasing hardened criminals from jail just to cause further mayhem.
Naija youths, we will this at the end.
We are not asking for too much, we are only asking for a better Nigeria.

Lipscomb:
I'm begging the protesters to stop too. If their demand not implement by Government they can resume the protest again.

I'm sad to seeing the blood of our brothers.
Exactly my point.

And let me shock you shocked
This will be the very first time the presently TOP 2 pro PDP and pro APC member on Nairaland actually agreed on the same thing since 2015 as shown below!

Interesting times.
I hope Nigerian youths that are part of us, the real protesters out there listen to the good advice.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan by Sammy07: 8:17am On Oct 21, 2020

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan by marv9(m): 8:17am On Oct 21, 2020
hope it's not another phase of massacre loading
Re: EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan by Sunnycliff(m): 8:17am On Oct 21, 2020
Arresting and prosecution of hoodlums should be ideal and not peaceful protesters

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan by sylve11: 8:17am On Oct 21, 2020
Long way to go in this country. A very long way to go. sad cool
Re: EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan by Unik3030: 8:18am On Oct 21, 2020
Chapii:
The only place that needs revolution in this country is Lagos. This is the only state where the names of all elected offices is written in one man's bedroom. If this Lekki incidence will achieve that, then it's worth it.
it's obvious u have personal vendetta with Tinubu,he doesn't have d power to order soldiers so u should understand fully well that buhari n burutai should take d blame.

When we condemn genocide,let's do it with pure intentions without making it look like we have scores to settle with anybody

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan by ProfAmaben(m): 8:18am On Oct 21, 2020
Nigeria has gone to the dogs.
Re: EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan by WonderManly(m): 8:18am On Oct 21, 2020
I don't just know what to say right now. I'm speechless! But in case you have something to say...

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan by Roon9(m): 8:18am On Oct 21, 2020
They can't kill us all!
We move
Re: EndSARS: Makinde Deploys Operation Burst Team To Troubled Spots In Ibadan by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 21, 2020
SaintBeehot:
sense is very far from you.

Come now, many of us support peaceful protests.

Not anarchy that affects the poor more than the rich

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Monguno: We’re In A Very Difficult Situation, Nigerians Getting Tired / Cameroon’s Lagbo Dam Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Flood – FG / Sen Nywoye Hands Over A Tech Innovation And Computer Hub Building To Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.