Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

EndSARS: Before It Gets Totally Out Of Hands - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: Before It Gets Totally Out Of Hands (309 Views)

Owo Attack: Insecurity Has Gone Out Of Hands In Nigeria - CAN / #endsars Before It End US / Results Of Kogi PDP Primary Totally Unacceptable – Dino Melaye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

EndSARS: Before It Gets Totally Out Of Hands by Neddstark: 10:00am On Oct 21, 2020
Fellow Nigerians. Since the Endsars protests became a blockade, I have been concerned. Not that it is not good for the nation, but like Segalink said, it became a kind of youth insurrection against the government. My fear was the total breakdown in law and order. The youth feeling that we have got our government felt they now have power felt they could not be moved. The eventuality was that dispersing the blockades was going to involve the use of force.
As usual in Nigeria, this so-called peaceful protests began getting violent. The negative youths that were invited to join the movement started using violence against the police as seen in Edo and some parts of the SW. The government on their own used available touts to counter the protests but this failed. I knew force was oncoming. There was no way about it. It was going to get worse as usual in Nigeria. Our overdo on the government angle and youths side was going to make things go very awful.
Now with the insensitive wicked killings at the Lekki tollgate, everyone is angry. People want the presidency gone. Youths want to fight the government, tensions are flaring. Influencers are inciting. But before it gets worse, I will like to warn you all of the reality in the next weeks and months to come the way it is going.

1. There will be total breakdown in law and order. Thieves will rob, rapists will rape, cultists will kill, arsonist will burn and nothing will happen.
2. There will be no international intervention in months. Please do not let anyone deceive you that UN has a right to come into a country after 30 days of unrest. Why hasn't UN invaded Iran. Nigeria is a sovereign nation with a democratically elected president. Nothing will happen. Even if UN comes in next 3-4 months, which army is coming? Is it Ecowas that is run by Nigeria or US army that has its major responsibilities right now or the UK that didnt interfere in 3 years of our civil war? Think people. We will be the ones to suffer it.
3. There is going to be hunger. 60% of food in Nigeria comes from the North. A shortage of this will make millions hungry and food expensive. You that is inciting more violence, hope you can deal with hunger when it comes to you and your family.
4. There will be an ethnic battle. Soon the southern youths will be killing northerners in the south and the animalistic northerners will do worse. We will fight an ethnic war we do not need.
5. There will be extreme poverty. With no work, no industries working, foreign investors back in their country, we are in for it. Only charitable organizations will send aid to us. And if China comes in, they will be doing so to save the day and finally own their biggest African franchise.
6. There will be war. Yes war. You think war is a joke. Maybe you should ask older men from the East who fought the Biafran war. Also this is Africa, there will be mass civilian casualties. Innocent men, Women, children will go down for a needless battle. Stray and projectile bullets will have a field day in our overpopulated country. Get ready to hear of tragedies of your friends and loved ones anytime. Be careful what you ask for Libya 10 years later is wishing the peaceful days under Muammar Ghadaffi was still here. Our touts will have guns. There will be warlords. More prisoners will be let open. Criminal gangs will rule over you.

These are just a few I compiled. I know some people will come here and curse. However, the choice is yours. Let us just know what we are asking for. Lets give peace a chance because when shit hits the roof. We are in for it. Liberia has not recovered till now. Oil that is losing value will not save the economy. 2023 is around the corner, we know better who to vote for. With the youth force, we can make lot of impact. God bless Nigeria.
Re: EndSARS: Before It Gets Totally Out Of Hands by capitalzero: 10:12am On Oct 21, 2020
Neddstark:
Fellow Nigerians. Since the Endsars protests became a blockade, I have been concerned. Not that it is not good for the nation, but like Segalink said, it became a kind of youth insurrection against the government. My fear was the total breakdown in law and order. The youth feeling that we have got our government felt they now have power felt they could not be moved. The eventuality was that dispersing the blockades was going to involve the use of force.
As usual in Nigeria, this so-called peaceful protests began getting violent. The negative youths that were invited to join the movement started using violence against the police as seen in Edo and some parts of the SW. The government on their own used available touts to counter the protests but this failed. I knew force was oncoming. There was no way about it. It was going to get worse as usual in Nigeria. Our overdo on the government angle and youths side was going to make things go very awful.
Now with the insensitive wicked killings at the Lekki tollgate, everyone is angry. People want the presidency gone. Youths want to fight the government, tensions are flaring. Influencers are inciting. But before it gets worse, I will like to warn you all of the reality in the next weeks and months to come the way it is going.

1. There will be total breakdown in law and order. Thieves will rob, rapists will rape, cultists will kill, arsonist will burn and nothing will happen.
2. There will be no international intervention in months. Please do not let anyone deceive you that UN has a right to come into a country after 30 days of unrest. Why hasn't UN invaded Iran. Nigeria is a sovereign nation with a democratically elected president. Nothing will happen. Even if UN comes in next 3-4 months, which army is coming? Is it Ecowas that is run by Nigeria or US army that has its major responsibilities right now or the UK that didnt interfere in 3 years of our civil war? Think people. We will be the ones to suffer it.
3. There is going to be hunger. 60% of food in Nigeria comes from the North. A shortage of this will make millions hungry and food expensive. You that is inciting more violence, hope you can deal with hunger when it comes to you and your family.
4. There will be an ethnic battle. Soon the southern youths will be killing northerners in the south and the animalistic northerners will do worse. We will fight an ethnic war we do not need.
5. There will be extreme poverty. With no work, no industries working, foreign investors back in their country, we are in for it. Only charitable organizations will send aid to us. And if China comes in, they will be doing so to save the day and finally own their biggest African franchise.
6. There will be war. Yes war. You think war is a joke. Maybe you should ask older men from the East who fought the Biafran war. Also this is Africa, there will be mass civilian casualties. Innocent men, Women, children will go down for a needless battle. Stray and projectile bullets will have a field day in our overpopulated country. Get ready to hear of tragedies of your friends and loved ones anytime. Be careful what you ask for Libya 10 years later is wishing the peaceful days under Muammar Ghadaffi was still here. Our touts will have guns. There will be warlords. More prisoners will be let open. Criminal gangs will rule over you.

These are just a few I compiled. I know some people will come here and curse. However, the choice is yours. Let us just know what we are asking for. Lets give peace a chance because when shit hits the roof. We are in for it. Liberia has not recovered till now. Oil that is losing value will not save the economy. 2023 is around the corner, we know better who to vote for. With the youth force, we can make lot of impact. God bless Nigeria.

There would not be war in Nigeria.War in Nigeria will destabilise Africa and to some extent world.
Pockets of prolonged protests lasting for months or regime change. I do not know how. FG is not smart.
Re: EndSARS: Before It Gets Totally Out Of Hands by Neddstark: 10:50am On Oct 21, 2020
capitalzero:

There would not be war in Nigeria.War in Nigeria will destabilise Africa and to some extent world.
Pockets of prolonged protests lasting for months or regime change. I do not know how. FG is not smart.

It is getting there

(1) (Reply)

Watch The Army Deny Shooting Of Protesters Was Photoshopped / Video: Security Operatives Also Looted The Warehouse With COVID-19 Relief Items / Palliative Warehouses Shows That Black Man Is The Problem Not The System We

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.