Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

#LekkiMassacre: Babajide Otitoju Of TVC Reacts To Shooting Of #endsars Protester - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #LekkiMassacre: Babajide Otitoju Of TVC Reacts To Shooting Of #endsars Protester (2288 Views)

LASG Reacts To Shooting By Thugs In Surulere / Shiite Members Threw Back Tear Gas At Policemen And It Led To Shooting / Fayose Reacts To Shooting At APC Rally, Blasts Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#LekkiMassacre: Babajide Otitoju Of TVC Reacts To Shooting Of #endsars Protester by Racoon(m): 1:50pm On Oct 21, 2020
The attacks, shooting, and killing of innocent #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki tollgate plaza by security operatives on Tuesday has been condemned by popular Nigerian journalist, Babajide Otitoju.

The attacks, shooting, and killing of innocent #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki tollgate plaza by security operatives on Tuesday has been condemned by popular Nigerian journalist, Babajide Otitoju.

The shootings which occurred after the Lagos State government had declared curfew as part of measures to curb the escalating violence in the state has continued to attract wide reactions and condemnations.

Nigerian politicians, statesmen, celebrities, individuals, civil society organizations, and even international personalities have all called on the federal government of Nigeria under the leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari to immediately order the security operatives to stop attacking the protesters.

Adding his voice to the calls, Mr. Otitoju in a statement on Wednesday via his Twitter account, noted that the attack on #EndSARS protesters is unjustified and has caused shame and shock.

He wrote: “There can be no justification for shedding the blood of protesters. It is a sad day and I am patently shocked and ashamed that this happened in my country.”

Meanwhile, Naija News reports that TVC News station, owned by former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu was attacked on Wednesday morning, October 21.

The TV station was set on fire a few hours after peaceful #EndSARS protesters were shot at the Lekki Toll Gate by security operatives
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www./2020/10/21/lekkimassacre-babajide-otitoju-of-tvc-reacts-to-shooting-of-endsars-protesters/amp/

Lalasticlala

Re: #LekkiMassacre: Babajide Otitoju Of TVC Reacts To Shooting Of #endsars Protester by Asquare84(m): 1:54pm On Oct 21, 2020
Jobless youths
Re: #LekkiMassacre: Babajide Otitoju Of TVC Reacts To Shooting Of #endsars Protester by longetivity(m): 1:55pm On Oct 21, 2020
My heart is broken
Re: #LekkiMassacre: Babajide Otitoju Of TVC Reacts To Shooting Of #endsars Protester by Freestainworld(m): 1:56pm On Oct 21, 2020
I am more ashamed of being a Nigerian, nothing to be proud of in our government.
Re: #LekkiMassacre: Babajide Otitoju Of TVC Reacts To Shooting Of #endsars Protester by NaijaRoyalty(m): 1:57pm On Oct 21, 2020
So shameful

I'm so sad and hearthbroken
Re: #LekkiMassacre: Babajide Otitoju Of TVC Reacts To Shooting Of #endsars Protester by LacunaJacuna(m): 1:58pm On Oct 21, 2020
There can never be any justification for that barbaric act. It was a crime against God and humanity.
Re: #LekkiMassacre: Babajide Otitoju Of TVC Reacts To Shooting Of #endsars Protester by Racoon(m): 1:58pm On Oct 21, 2020
So saddening quiet all right but your likes were asslicking the government for so long despite all its impunity and lawlessness? To bad!
Re: #LekkiMassacre: Babajide Otitoju Of TVC Reacts To Shooting Of #endsars Protester by Righteousness89(m): 2:01pm On Oct 21, 2020

The young Man is absolutely on point!
There is no Justification of anykind for such Babaric and Wicked act on Unarmed Citizens carrying out a Harmless Protest..

I saw Pictures of youths shot on the head, knee etc. it sends Chills to the heart..

The Federal Government Failed its Citizens!
The Nigerian Army Failed its People it was Meant to Protect!
LASG Failed its Beloved People!!
Double Shame on you All!

There are Consequences for our Actions and that is what we are seeing today..

Having said this, I Call on the youths to please Sheath their Swords and angers!!
When 2 Elephants Fight, it's the Ground that Suffers!

Destruction of things and Places will not Bring Solutions..

Let's go back to our Peaceful Mode and put heads together , so we can Map out the way Forward..

To Err is Human! To Forgive is Divine...
Re: #LekkiMassacre: Babajide Otitoju Of TVC Reacts To Shooting Of #endsars Protester by NoPlaceLike(f): 2:05pm On Oct 21, 2020
Such a failed government. This is something that should have been addressed properly without escalating to this level.
Re: #LekkiMassacre: Babajide Otitoju Of TVC Reacts To Shooting Of #endsars Protester by Kestolove(m): 2:15pm On Oct 21, 2020
Your oga have hand inside
Re: #LekkiMassacre: Babajide Otitoju Of TVC Reacts To Shooting Of #endsars Protester by plessis: 2:22pm On Oct 21, 2020
You think igbos are joking when they call Nigeria a zoo?
Re: #LekkiMassacre: Babajide Otitoju Of TVC Reacts To Shooting Of #endsars Protester by saaron(m): 2:38pm On Oct 21, 2020
May the souls of those massacred by buhari's fulani regime rest in peace.
United, we Middle Belters and Southerners stand! Together we will end buhari's Satanic regime.
#EndNigeria
Re: #LekkiMassacre: Babajide Otitoju Of TVC Reacts To Shooting Of #endsars Protester by gidgiddy: 2:51pm On Oct 21, 2020
The number of people who now suddenly know that the shooting of unarmed protesters can never be justified is staggering

I know how many times the killing of unarmed IPOB and innocent Shiites came up on Journalists hangout and this same Jide Otitoju brushed them aside as if it is a normal thing in Nigeria.

Its very unfortunate that it took ENDSARS killing for many Nigerians to finally realise that the shooting of unarmed protesters is never justified, no matter what they are protesting for
Re: #LekkiMassacre: Babajide Otitoju Of TVC Reacts To Shooting Of #endsars Protester by Jack500: 2:56pm On Oct 21, 2020
gidgiddy:
The number of people who now suddenly know that the shooting of unarmed protesters can never be justified is staggering

I know how many times the killing of unarmed IPOB and innocent Shiites came up on Journalists hangout and this same Jide Otitoju brushed them aside as if it is a normal thing in Nigeria.

Its very unfortunate that it took ENDSARS killing for many Nigerians to finally realise that the shooting of unarmed protesters is never justified, no matter what they are protesting for

Just shut your mouth and stop bringing your tribal nonsense here

1 Like

Re: #LekkiMassacre: Babajide Otitoju Of TVC Reacts To Shooting Of #endsars Protester by gidgiddy: 2:58pm On Oct 21, 2020
Jack500:

Just shut your mouth and stop bringing your tribal nonsense here

Yeah, its tribal when one group is shot and killed but not tribal when another group is shot and killed.
Re: #LekkiMassacre: Babajide Otitoju Of TVC Reacts To Shooting Of #endsars Protester by naija4life247: 3:05pm On Oct 21, 2020
Righteousness89:

The young Man is absolutely on point!
There is no Justification of anykind for such Babaric and Wicked act on Unarmed Citizens carrying out a Harmless Protest..

I saw Pictures of youths shot on the head, knee etc. it sends Chills to the heart..

The Federal Government Failed its Citizens!
The Nigerian Army Failed its People it was Meant to Protect!
LASG Failed its Beloved People!!
Double Shame on you All!

There are Consequences for our Actions and that is what we are seeing today..

Having said this, I Call on the youths to please Sheath their Swords and angers!!
When 2 Elephants Fight, it's the Ground that Suffers!

Destruction of things and Places will not Bring Solutions..

Let's go back to our Peaceful Mode and put heads together , so we can Map out the way Forward..

To Err is Human! To Forgive is Divine...

Please don't be unfortunate oooo. What manner forgiveness are you talking about? After killing innocent people? Buhari's generation yet unborn will never know peace.
Re: #LekkiMassacre: Babajide Otitoju Of TVC Reacts To Shooting Of #endsars Protester by chanda83560: 5:36pm On Oct 21, 2020
My heart is broken
Re: #LekkiMassacre: Babajide Otitoju Of TVC Reacts To Shooting Of #endsars Protester by Gondonu: 8:00pm On Oct 21, 2020
October 20 2020 will forever be remembered by Nigerians who witnessed the barbarism of the army
Re: #LekkiMassacre: Babajide Otitoju Of TVC Reacts To Shooting Of #endsars Protester by ODUBEZE: 8:37pm On Oct 21, 2020
Whoever advise the shooting truly did that with ill intentions

Make Tinubu come collect money for tollgate now, make we see

(1) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Dino Melaye’s Campaign Poster Emerges / Meet Mazi Nnamdi Kanu's gorgeous Principal Secretary / Environmental Degradation: FG Poised To Curb Emission With Deep De-Carbonization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.