Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,047 members, 7,825,337 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate (45186 Views)

UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' / EndSARS Protesters At CBN Headquarters In Abuja, Say We Are Sleeping Over / Hushpuppi: Protesters At US Embassy Demand Investigation Of Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate by BigBashiru: 7:03pm On Oct 21, 2020
zoedew:

In international politics Nations act in consonance with their interests so Britain is at liberty to pursue any policy she deems in her best interests in relating with Nigeria. It is up to Nigeria to seek her own interests as well.

Exactly..... Nigerians just like to play victim....

1 Like

Re: Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate by Nchenches: 7:04pm On Oct 21, 2020
UK Parliament, ask for a UN REFERENDUM on Nigeria if you truly love the humanity in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate by BigBashiru: 7:07pm On Oct 21, 2020
Empiree:
you understand Nigeria is a sovereign country?. The least you could see was to revoke their UK visa which I would agree with. Involvement of UK and other foreign nations are parts of the Nigeria big problems. It seems the so called Nigerian youths don't even understand politics. The way you guys talk as if Nigeria must be subservient to UK.

Imagine you said UK should take action against your own govt. Who dares to tell UK to face corruption charges from another country?. Guy, you all need to wise up.

I am so sorry that mind of our youths are as corrupt as their leaders. Under no circumstances should UK has any jurisdictional say in Nigeria politics.

This is Nigeria matters and they should be resolved here. Stop being boy boy behind these White people, please.

Uk government should take action against Nigerian government because their government is more serious.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate by eltkins(m): 7:07pm On Oct 21, 2020
[quote author=YungMillionaire post=95178018]Southerners are foolish. You notice Northern youths are not protesting. What does that tell you? Because, I see all these ENDSARS asking for the benefits of democracy. But in Nigeria democracy is in the hands of Northerners because they are the majority. So, if the Northerners don't want what you want, you will never get it UNDER Nigerian democracy. What the South should be asking for is:

1. Regionalism or 2. Secession. Otherwise, you are just wasting your time.

After you burn down Lagos and the SW, then last last you will return back to the same Nigerian democracy where the North will continue to determine WHAT you get.

Stupid people all over the South. Shame on you.

Stupid as it sounds, what he is actually saying is the fact.

1 Like

Re: Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate by Nchenches: 7:10pm On Oct 21, 2020
SalamRushdie:
At this point a National conference and return to regionalism is the way forward.

Fulani cannot agree to regional government, because it believes it won the crude oil in the Niger Delta through warfare; though Fulani has quasi regional government when the 12 northern sharia states adopted Islamic Sharia criminal justice system with Hisbah Islamic Police.

Nigeria is Animal Farm.

Re: Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate by Empiree: 7:10pm On Oct 21, 2020
BigBashiru:

Uk government should take action against Nigerian government because their government is more serious.....
I am just curious,. What action do you want UK parliament to take besides revoking official visas?. Please be specific. Thanks
Re: Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate by Holaomoakin(m): 7:17pm On Oct 21, 2020
Before u condemn, separate between Protesters and Hoodlums for us!
Re: Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate by samuel414: 7:21pm On Oct 21, 2020
Adaorababy:
Only if Buhari had taken this protest serious from the onset, things won't have degenerated to this. Nigerian youths were complaining about brutality of SARS personnel's, more lives have now been lost to brutality of NA and policemen, destruction of government and citizens properties and businesses.

In the coming weeks, we will witness more increase in price of food commodities as roads have been blocked for nearly a week now. While some people earn salaries and get paid at the end of the month whether they work from home or from their various offices, others need to go out to make their daily bread not forgetting that they've been forced to sit at home for months as a result of the COVID 19 pandemic.

With all these commotion here and there, it is obvious it is the masses that suffers it. It is the masses thats still victims of brutality. I was expecting to see retaliations against the politicians who have put us in all these mess but alas, they're all still walking freely. The number one citizen of the country is even yet to address the Nigerian heterogeneous populace regarding these uprisings.

Now, this is time to withdraw. We have spoken through our voices and they have heard. Let's go back to the drawing board. We've all been a part of the problem that brought Buhari to power because majority of southern youths only argue and vote online.

The last general elections was just about 18months ago. This should be a wake up call to all of us come 2023. We can't sit at home and imaginarily expect our candidates of choice to win and when things don't work out the way we want, after elections, we take to streets to vent our frustrations.

Let's begin to have this consciousness against 2023 that we equally have the power to decide who becomes our president through our PVCs.

Nobody can help us, not UN, USA, UK or any other developed country unless we first help ourselves. Need I also suggest that beginning from now, let's start sensitizing our youths and parents into determining the appropriate checklist in choosing our representatives in the various political spheres because if we continue to elect rogues into power, we should not expect anything less
As if we have say who wins or not...this country will massive rigging
Re: Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate by BigBashiru: 7:23pm On Oct 21, 2020
Empiree:
I am just curious,. What action do you want UK parliament to take besides revoking official visas?. Please be specific. Thanks

Read up on sanctions and embargos.... economic sanctions and embargos...

The UK government can also deploy their military to destroy biko haram bases - their military is more powerful and has precision and is capable of striking boko haram bases with no civilian casualties.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate by Empiree: 7:30pm On Oct 21, 2020
BigBashiru:

Read up on sanctions and embargos.... economic sanctions and embargos...

The UK government can also deploy their military to destroy biko haram bases - their military is more powerful and has precision and is capable of striking boko haram bases with no civilian casualties.
You see now you missed road?. It is very shameful the so called youths are not well informed. Nigeria has really lost its future when you can not even understand how this whole trash works. This is about ongoing conflict in the country and you are talking about laying on embargo on the country. Who do you think will suffer under economic sanction, govt or citizens?. I am very sorry. I don't mean to be rude but truth must be told, your comment doesn't make sense.

You also talked about BH, did UK not know BH haram existed for over a decade now?. Why not send their army since 10 years ago to obliterate BH?. Please come up with another tangible reason why UK should take action on Nigeria?. I will tell you what you dont know after you reply or depending on your reply.
Re: Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate by BigBashiru: 7:32pm On Oct 21, 2020
Empiree:
You see now you miss road. It is very shameful the so called youths are not well informed. Nigeria has really lost its future when you can not even understand how this whole trash works. This is about ongoing conflict in the country and you are talking about laying on embargo on the country. Who do you think will suffer under economic sanction, govt or citizens?. I am very sorry. I don't mean to be rude but truth must be told, your comment doesn't make sense.

You also talked about BH, did UK not know BH haram existed for over a decade now?. Why not send their army since 10 years ago to obliterate BH?. Please come up with another tangible reason why UK should take action on Nigeria?. I will tell you what you dont know after you reply or depending on your reply.

Nigeria being ego centric did not accept the UKs offer to help...

And yes I agree with you an embargo or sanction may not be a good idea as I had earlier thought
Re: Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate by zeenaman: 7:34pm On Oct 21, 2020
mbahdi:
I have never been disturbed in my life d way I felt in dis lekki massacre.all I av to say is dat it's well
As for me, it's been long I cried like this over what doesn't affect me immediately
Re: Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate by Empiree: 7:39pm On Oct 21, 2020
BigBashiru:

Nigeria being ego centric did not accept the UKs offer to help...

And yes I agree with you an embargo or sanction may not be a good idea as I had earlier thought
This comment of yours put my heart to rest. I was boiling on my keyboard with your comments. Now, let me tell you that Nigerian govt doesn't really need any help from any govt including UK. There is no free lunch anywhere in the world. Please watch this 7 mins clip and you should open your eyes after you watched it. UK and others are not your friends. They live on Africa nightmares. Please pay close attention in this man's statements.

"We need Africa to be impoverish"

So please watch to the end and tell me if at all Nigeria needs their help. Thank you. And not only this. Please check out Dr. Arikana Chihombori on youtube for comprehensive understanding of Africa calamities.

https://www.facebook.com/hafsatabiola/videos/10158861685670421/
Re: Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate by mechanics(m): 7:40pm On Oct 21, 2020
He's rapping.
Re: Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate by BigBashiru: 7:56pm On Oct 21, 2020
Empiree:
This comment of yours put my heart to rest. I was boiling on my keyboard with your comments. Now, let me tell you that Nigerian govt doesn't really need any help from any govt including UK. There is no free lunch anywhere in the world. Please watch this 7 mins clip and you should open your eyes after you watched it. UK and others are not your friends. They live on Africa nightmares. Please pay close attention in this man's statements.

"We need Africa to be impoverish"

So please watch to the end and tell me if at all Nigeria needs their help. Thank you. And not only this. Please check out Dr. Arikana Chihombori on youtube for comprehensive understanding of Africa calamities.

https://www.facebook.com/hafsatabiola/videos/10158861685670421/

black people are too emotional and its not good - why are you boiling? Its just a factual discussion. There is need for uk help - you can get free lunch. If Nigeria is stable and free from boko haram - then british businesses can succeed more. There is a british national interest in a stable nigeria.
Just relax bro and take it easy.
Re: Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate by Empiree: 8:00pm On Oct 21, 2020
BigBashiru:

black people are too emotional and its not good - why are you boiling? Its just a factual discussion. There is need for uk help - you can get free lunch. If Nigeria is stable and free from boko haram - then british businesses can succeed more. There is a british national interest in a stable nigeria.
Just relax bro and take it easy.
It seems you dont understand my post. Forget about me boiling. And goodluck a@british business success. If you watched the video you wouldn't send me this your reply. This is not about being emotional. I dont live in the damn country. I am only sympathetic towards people living the country. So now you know
Re: Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate by LordOfTheGame: 8:26pm On Oct 21, 2020
You see the hypocrisy of the British and UK gov't. They're very quick to raise this issues but IPOB unarmed peaceful protesters were killed in hundreds and thousands but the stupid UK pretended like they didn't see or hearts about it. Now, it's about affect their free flow of oil, they've raised topic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate by olayinex(m): 8:33pm On Oct 21, 2020
we can't allow them into this country anymore because they are thier and allowing them to do this to us from the beginning, see others country they said they intervene look at their present conditions nw they gave them more than what they are expecting, they enslaved them one more time, they find different opportunities to get into their system and control it and they call it help, so we don't really need them in our country here, they should just stay thier and help us by banning them from moving internationally till our problems are been solved

1 Like

Re: Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate by idahme(m): 8:52pm On Oct 21, 2020
LibertyRep:
Yet the Governor says no casualty was recorded only to turn around moments later to announce that just one person had died.

His talk agravated tensions instead of reducing it. Imagine hearing nobody died when you as a protester witnessed the incidence.
Re: Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate by madridsta007(m): 9:23pm On Oct 21, 2020
DebbieBianca:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8OrtcPjQ6E

The UK government on Wednesday October 21, deliberated on the killing of some #EndSARS protesters at Lekki toll gate by soldiers.

British Labour and Co-operative Party politician who has been the Member of Parliament for Cardiff South and Penarth since 2012, Stephen Doughty member raised the issue at the parliament today.

He disclosed that he is horrified with the report he is receiving and further stated that the UK Government must urgently rise at the highest levels with Nigeria.

Doughty tweeted;

Source:
https://mobile.twitter.com/SDoughtyMP/status/1318872174162313216

There is no way this would have happened without the British being pre-informed.

They have not officially released a statement because they are waiting for the Nigerian Regime to tell them that they are done with the "mop up exercise".
Re: Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate by EMMY76: 9:51pm On Oct 21, 2020
Stupid hypocrites pretending as if they don't know that worser massacres have happened here in nigeria without any video coverage. The earliest they call their bloodthirsty fulani stooges to order the better for everyone.
Re: Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 21, 2020
donprinyo:
Aboki Don finish this country

Say no to one Nigeria, Oduduwa Republic is the future

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate by jaxxy(m): 10:25pm On Oct 21, 2020
SultanOfPuna:
The British put us in this colossal mess

Bleep Lord Lugard!!!

Even if they separated us we will still have issues in our small regions/country. Resolution of issues is the major key
Re: Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate by Sniper101(m): 11:44pm On Oct 21, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Please don’t only condemn, take necessary action.
Please slam on them and their family visa ban.

Repatriate their family members

Ah swear na the best move dawan for be

...repatriate the children of top Nigerian politicians back to their home country.
Let them all come home and also enjoy the disaster their parents have plunged Nigeria into.
Re: Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate by bigcasava1(m): 12:00am On Oct 22, 2020
Don't mind them they are happy about it.
Re: Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate by ILoveDemMANNA: 12:12am On Oct 22, 2020
teacherbim:
I'm afraid of sleeping tonight, what I witnessed today really scared the hell out of me, thugs burnt down Onipan police station with beating and they started shooting and looting shops on a broad day , God come and secure our homes,I'm scared embarassed
I hope you are safe and fine this morning?
May God continue to protect us

1 Like

Re: Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate by Obodo999(m): 12:13am On Oct 22, 2020
I do NOT want to hear anyone saying 'sai baba'.
Re: Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate by chatinent: 6:18am On Oct 22, 2020
cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Must Go - South Africans Say On Facebook (Screenshots) / Details Of The Student Loan Bill Signed By President Tinubu / FG Declares Public Holidays For Christmas, New Year Celebrations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.