Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

#ENDSARS: Loatsad - ‘Why We Switched Off Billboard At Lekki Toll Gate’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #ENDSARS: Loatsad - ‘Why We Switched Off Billboard At Lekki Toll Gate’ (1261 Views)

Peter Obi's Billboard At Taraba City Gate Pulled Down (Photo) / 2023: Tinubu's Billboard At Airport Road Abuja (Photo) / Andy Uba’s Campaign Billboard At The Abuja International Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#ENDSARS: Loatsad - ‘Why We Switched Off Billboard At Lekki Toll Gate’ by Racoon(m): 11:50pm On Oct 21, 2020
Loatsad Promomedia Limited has said that it switched off the billboard at the Lekki Toll gate on Tuesday in obedience to the curfew announced by the Lagos state government.

The company disclosed this in a statement issued on its Instagram page on Wednesday, hours after soldiers shot at protesters at the toll gate, which had served as one of the venues of the #ENDSARS protesters in the state.

The media company, owned by Seyi Tinubu, a son of former governor of the state and national leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu, had been accused of deliberately switching off the billboard so that the soldiers could use the cover of the dark to carry out extra-judicial killings of protesters.

However, the company denied the allegation in the statement, stating that it supported the #ENDSARS movement and had no prior knowledge of the attack on protesters.

“On Tuesday when the curfew was announced we heeded the governor’s warnings and didn’t want our staff in any danger, hence by 3pm our staff had been ordered to leave the site and the board was switched off based on the governor’s curfew request.

“We had no idea what was going to happen and we feel the same anguish, pain and shock at the events that unfolded and our hearts and prayers go out to the victims and families of this ungodly act

“We believe in this movement and that it was the start of the change our generation needed to move our country forward and we will continue to support the youths of this great nation,” the company noted in the statement.

READ THE FULL STATEMENT BELOW

When we started in 2014, we had a plan to change the perception of African start-ups in the global space. We believed as Africans, we could create something great and we set out with a N4m loan from a bank and we started trading, going from door to door begging for work and relentlessly grew the business employing and empowering over 200 Nigerians today directly or indirectly.

We have supported many upcoming businesses, artists, people in need as giving back to our community has always been our passion (all this can be verified).

All of our achievements thus far have come the from hard work, sweat and determination of our work force and everything Loatsad has been doing has been open, all taxes are remitted and payments to agencies and regulatory bodies have been timely, so we can be proud to say we are contributing the growth of the industry and Nation.

When the “EndSars” and “say no to police brutality” protests started from day one we wholly supported the movement and used all our platforms to promote the messages (I believe the promoters can verify this information) as we believed in the cause.

On Tuesday when the curfew was announced we heeded the governors warnings and didn’t want our staff in any danger, hence by 3pm our staff had been ordered to leave the site and the board was switched off based on the governors curfew request.

We had no idea what was going to happen and we feel the same anguish, pain and shock at the events that unfolded and our hearts and prayers go out to the victims and families of this ungodly act.

We believe in this movement and that it was the start of the change our generation needed to move our country forward and we will continue to support the youths of this great nation.

#endsars #endsarsbrutality #endsarsnow
https://dailytrust.com/endsars-why-we-switched-off-billboard-at-lekki-toll-gate

Re: #ENDSARS: Loatsad - ‘Why We Switched Off Billboard At Lekki Toll Gate’ by Franzinni: 11:54pm On Oct 21, 2020
See what concerns curfew and switching light off?

You are laying the lie on too thick

2 Likes

Re: #ENDSARS: Loatsad - ‘Why We Switched Off Billboard At Lekki Toll Gate’ by CalabarPikin: 11:55pm On Oct 21, 2020
Jeez

I don tire for this country abeg....which kind lies be this na......haba..

Was it the curfew that made them remove CCTV cameras too..

4 Likes

Re: #ENDSARS: Loatsad - ‘Why We Switched Off Billboard At Lekki Toll Gate’ by Racoon(m): 11:58pm On Oct 21, 2020
We had no idea what was going to happen and we feel the same anguish, pain and shock at the events that unfolded and our hearts and prayers go out to the victims and families of this ungodly act.
A classical case of "the wicked fleeth when no man pursueth; but the righteous are as bold as a Lion."(Prov. 28:1).

3 Likes

Re: #ENDSARS: Loatsad - ‘Why We Switched Off Billboard At Lekki Toll Gate’ by kristonium(m): 12:22am On Oct 22, 2020
Why are these guys molesting our common sense??

You for no even talk, e better pass this one wey u vomit now!

2 Likes

Re: #ENDSARS: Loatsad - ‘Why We Switched Off Billboard At Lekki Toll Gate’ by Betty101: 12:27am On Oct 22, 2020
Franzinni:
See what concerns curfew and switching light off?

You are laying the lie on too thick
Abeg make we ask am if he turned of the light during the covid-19 lockdown .Liars ..They all trying to save face.

2 Likes

Re: #ENDSARS: Loatsad - ‘Why We Switched Off Billboard At Lekki Toll Gate’ by Obamaofusa: 12:38am On Oct 22, 2020
How will you equate CCTV removal and curfew?
Well,you are forgiven if Lagos begins to take real development of structures and human serious... Tell Tinubu.I like him but let us see him use his Midas touch on real growth and development. A o ni mowo lo sorun o.

1 Like

Re: #ENDSARS: Loatsad - ‘Why We Switched Off Billboard At Lekki Toll Gate’ by DarkJeddi(m): 12:58am On Oct 22, 2020
So they switched off the Billboard and carted away the CCTV and they didn't have any idea of what was about to happen?
C0ck and Bull..

1 Like

Re: #ENDSARS: Loatsad - ‘Why We Switched Off Billboard At Lekki Toll Gate’ by SoBright101: 1:38am On Oct 22, 2020
Oh my God. Guys has been falling for this propaganda already
Re: #ENDSARS: Loatsad - ‘Why We Switched Off Billboard At Lekki Toll Gate’ by Nobody: 1:41am On Oct 22, 2020
Cc: APC zombies:

ODJ124
dangwarmai
uptimum123
SilverNorGold
yarimo
omenka
helinues
myBraine
OZOnNengiTheory
Edusouls
Onlyonebuhari
Confirmedzombie
georgeakins
Arrewa
ibedun
zionmde
tesppidd
Miracle2020
Rosskii
JAMO84

You wicked Supporters of this satanic administration because of your belly. May your life be ruled like Buhari is ruling Nigeria. You will get your reward even if it's in the next life. You can't escape it!

Revolution is now!

#End_SWAT
#StopMassacreNow
#Restructure_NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: #ENDSARS: Loatsad - ‘Why We Switched Off Billboard At Lekki Toll Gate’ by chukwuibuipob: 1:51am On Oct 22, 2020
shocked sad sad,Dumb talk.Cos of curfew u switched off light and removed cctv undecided? Haba! Small small oo

1 Like

Re: #ENDSARS: Loatsad - ‘Why We Switched Off Billboard At Lekki Toll Gate’ by oyinkel(m): 2:04am On Oct 22, 2020
Dumb, lame and very unintelligent excuse.

Sometimes you just wonder if this people think the rest of us are mentally paralysed.

Money and snake swallow money

The president does not speak often

Blah blah blah
Re: #ENDSARS: Loatsad - ‘Why We Switched Off Billboard At Lekki Toll Gate’ by princeade86(m): 2:19am On Oct 22, 2020
CAN U IMAGINE STUPID EXCUSES.
Re: #ENDSARS: Loatsad - ‘Why We Switched Off Billboard At Lekki Toll Gate’ by Kdon2: 2:20am On Oct 22, 2020
[quote author=Racoon post=95187359]
https://dailytrust.com/endsars-why-we-switched-off-billboard-at-lekki-toll-gate[/quote

Very poor defence! Bladerdash
Re: #ENDSARS: Loatsad - ‘Why We Switched Off Billboard At Lekki Toll Gate’ by AsiwajuNdigbo: 2:25am On Oct 22, 2020
Ive been through that toll very late at night and never seen that billboard switched off. Its always on. What concern billboard with curfew?

What else does tinubu son own in Lagos?
Re: #ENDSARS: Loatsad - ‘Why We Switched Off Billboard At Lekki Toll Gate’ by amarachi06(f): 3:16am On Oct 22, 2020
Seyi Tinubu just threw San under the bus
Re: #ENDSARS: Loatsad - ‘Why We Switched Off Billboard At Lekki Toll Gate’ by Fibonacci88: 3:29am On Oct 22, 2020
4M facility from a Nigerian bank to finance a start up? Someone that has been driving Benz since God knows when.
Re: #ENDSARS: Loatsad - ‘Why We Switched Off Billboard At Lekki Toll Gate’ by ZUBY77(m): 4:28am On Oct 22, 2020
This Seyi Idiot is telling us that IKEJA Electric SHOULD HAVE shut down operations to observe curfew.
So Tinubus own the billboard but he said he has never made money from toll gate.
Re: #ENDSARS: Loatsad - ‘Why We Switched Off Billboard At Lekki Toll Gate’ by n3xt(m): 5:01am On Oct 22, 2020
Suddenly:

- the army deny involvement
- Tinubu denies knowing about it
- Loatsad want to comply with govt directive
- Sanwolu admitted terrestrial powers “beyond control” are behind the Lekki shooting.
- Everyone knew nothing.

And yet we claimed, we have a government.

Here are few things something I know about effective leadership:

1. Excuses are the tools of the incompetence.
2. You can either make a difference or make an excuse, you cannot both.
3. Since the day leadership mantle fell on us, we have forfeited the right to make an excuse.
Re: #ENDSARS: Loatsad - ‘Why We Switched Off Billboard At Lekki Toll Gate’ by JAMO84: 5:30am On Oct 22, 2020
DamZik:
Cc: APC zombies:

ODJ124
dangwarmai
uptimum123
SilverNorGold
yarimo
omenka
helinues
myBraine
OZOnNengiTheory
Edusouls
Onlyonebuhari
Confirmedzombie
georgeakins
Arrewa
ibedun
zionmde
tesppidd
Miracle2020
Rosskii
JAMO84

You wicked Supporters of this satanic administration because of your belly. May your life be ruled like Buhari is ruling Nigeria. You will get your reward even if it's in the next life. You can't escape it!

Revolution is now!

#End_SWAT
#StopMassacreNow
#Restructure_NIGERIA
Lvnatic
Re: #ENDSARS: Loatsad - ‘Why We Switched Off Billboard At Lekki Toll Gate’ by merieam16(f): 8:18am On Oct 22, 2020
wat is this 1 saying
Re: #ENDSARS: Loatsad - ‘Why We Switched Off Billboard At Lekki Toll Gate’ by Righteousness89(m): 8:43am On Oct 22, 2020
It's only the truth that sets Free...
Until the truth is put out we will continue in Circles..

Everything ends at the Leader table..

These are the Question begging for Answer!!!

Who Ordered the Removal of the CCTV Cameras at the Gate?

Who Ordered the Lights at the Gates to be Switched off?

These were the Foundation of the Whole Shooting ! If these things were not tampered with there will be no stories as the truth will be out there for all.

Mr. Seyi has said he took orders from the Governor to switch off the lights!
So It's likely the Same Order was followed for the Cameras..

Your Excellency, Governor Sanwolu and the LASG at large.
You are a Gentleman who I respect! Together with your Deputy, Mr Hamzat.
You both began Excellently in handling the Protest, but I must be truthful to you. You and and your Deputy are to be Held Responsible for the Evil that happened at the toll gate.
LASG Failed its youths ..

I Know Personally, you are not one who will want to hurt the youths, but that is why you have a pool of advisers who should have guided on what to do and what not to do..

I Admonish you to Humble yourself,Come out openly and apologize to Lagosians on what happened at lekki toll gate.

The issue of life is not what should be toiled with! I see arguments and Counter arguments here and there.

We can hide facts or exaggerate facts! But there is a GOD who knows and Saw Exactly what happened! We all will give account to Him.

Luke 12:5 Should be our Guide to Fear God
But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.
Re: #ENDSARS: Loatsad - ‘Why We Switched Off Billboard At Lekki Toll Gate’ by VirginFinder: 1:40pm On Oct 22, 2020
Dotherightthing:
It's only the truth that sets Ffree...
Until the truth is put out we will continue in Ccircles..

Everything ends at the Lleader table..

These are the Qquestion begging for Aanswer!!!

Who Oordered the Rremoval of the CCTV Cameras at the Ggate?

Who Oordered the Llights at the Ggates to be Sswitched off?

These were the Ffoundation of the Wwhole Sshooting ! If these things were not tampered with there will be no stories as the truth will be out there for all.

Mr. Seyi has said he took orders from the Ggovernor to switch off the lights!
So Iit's likely the Ssame Oorder was followed for the Ccameras..

Your Eexcellency, Governor Sanwolu and the LASG at large.
You are a Ggentleman who I respect! Together with your Ddeputy, Mr Hamzat.
You both began Eexcellently in handling the Pprotest, but I must be truthful to you. You and and your Ddeputy are to be Hheld Rresponsible for the Eevil that happened at the toll gate.
LASG Ffailed its youths ..

I Kknow Ppersonally, you are not one who will want to hurt the youths, but that is why you have a pool of advisers who should have guided on what to do and what not to do..

I Aadmonish you to Hhumble yourself,Ccome out openly and apologize to Lagosians on what happened at lLekki toll gate.

The issue of life is not what should be toiled with! I see arguments and Ccounter arguments here and there.

We can hide facts or exaggerate facts! But there is a GOD who knows and Ssaw Eexactly what happened! We all will give account to Him.

Luke 12:5 Should be our Gguide to Ffear God
But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.
Re: #ENDSARS: Loatsad - ‘Why We Switched Off Billboard At Lekki Toll Gate’ by Racoon(m): 3:12am On Oct 23, 2020
DarkJeddi:
So they switched off the Billboard and carted away the CCTV and they didn't have any idea of what was about to happen?
Cock and Bull..
We have incredibly stupid and irresponsible people ruling this nation @ present.

(1) (Reply)

Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Now In Possession Of A Recorded Tape Of Aburi Accord. / Obama The New Jagaban Of US Politics Has Done It Again. / It's Victory Of Good Over Evil, Obasanjo Says, Congratulates Biden, Harris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.