Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,147 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta (13714 Views)

Trademore Issues 48-Hour Ultimatum To EFCC Over Wrongfully Sealed Estates / Chinese Doctors’ Whereabouts: PDP Gives FG 48-Hour Ultimatum / Voters Registration: Gov Okowa Declares Thursday 16 And Friday 17 Public Holiday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta by Huxlebeast77: 10:54am On Oct 22, 2020
My mumu gov
Re: Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta by Dreyton36: 10:58am On Oct 22, 2020
E go shock you when militants burst pipelines
Re: Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta by peromosele: 11:02am On Oct 22, 2020
This is not yet time for 48 hours curfew pronounce by Delta state government.
The police in delta state are following due process to co-operate with the peaceful protesters, but if the police confront the protesters to obey the curfew directive that may lead or escalate to crisis.
So I there by appeal to delta state government to re-examine the directive on the 48 hours curfew.
Re: Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta by jericco1(m): 11:10am On Oct 22, 2020
I'm in pains. angry cry
Re: Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta by EMMY76: 11:15am On Oct 22, 2020
This is madness most towns and cities in delta are currently peaceful why the 48hrs curfew? Even Lagos State the hotspot of the endsars protests in nigeria is yet to declare 48hrs curfew.
Re: Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta by DrMeroThaEmperor(m): 11:29am On Oct 22, 2020
EMMY76:
This is madness most towns and cities in delta are currently peaceful why the 48hrs curfew? Even Lagos State the hotspot of the endsars protests in nigeria is yet to declare 48hrs curfew.
peromosele:
The police in delta state are following due process to co-operate with the peaceful protesters, but if the police confront the protesters to obey the curfew directive that may lead or escalate to crisis.
So I there by appeal to delta state government to re-examine the directive on the 48 hours curfew.

Because you don't see the atrocities committed in the state doesn't mean it has been peaceful.

Criminals have taken advantage of the situation to carry out horrendous acts.

Ughelli boys have robbed market women, vandalized people's cars, raped women, and attempted to burn the police station after killing about 8 policemen.

Those hoodlums are unhinged. This was how Boko Haram started. Right now, nobody understands what they are agitating for.

The curfew is a step in the right direction.

2 Likes

Re: Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 22, 2020
Okowa has made a mistake.. More mayhem will come to Delta State.
Re: Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta by nairaman66(m): 11:37am On Oct 22, 2020
Omezif:
I really endorsed ifeanyi the governor of delta state for imposing the curfew because criminals in disguise of thugs, hoodlums, protesters are using this time of protesting engaging in killing, looting after vandalization, destroying properties and making it impossible for any movenment of people, motorist and rest. I commended okowa again on this curfew because some protesters are not using their senses but behaving like animals and proscribed SARS by turning to peaceful protesters to violence. Enough is enough for this mess. It's peace all of us need for the goodness of our country.

There has not been any vandalization of anything nor killings anywhere in delta state. Get your facts checked before spewing rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta by equity1(m): 11:56am On Oct 22, 2020
Re: Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta by CoolAmbience(m): 12:08pm On Oct 22, 2020
Matrimonous:
Hmmmm.
No be 24hours curfew again? Oga Okowa your own don pass o.

Was it not why we were calling for calm and cessation of further protests, while we give the government time to execute the demands of the protesters?

Hoodlums have now hijacked their noble cause, and turned it into a venture of crime, mayhem and destruction.

Now, who will suffer the most from the curfew? The masses abi?

Na my problem with most of these people who call themselves youths..
Re: Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta by luluman: 12:17pm On Oct 22, 2020
southniyikaye:
48hrs how? Do we now have 48hrs in a day?
Did he say it's in a day?

1 Like

Re: Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta by Lee99: 12:25pm On Oct 22, 2020
They should stop vandalizing our beautiful state abeg what's all this nonsense I'm tired of these hoodlums causing mayhem, please something should be done about it urgently
#EndSars
#BuhariMustGo
#StopVandalism
Re: Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta by baralatie(m): 12:29pm On Oct 22, 2020
peromosele:
it should be 72hours o
Re: Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta by Lee99: 12:29pm On Oct 22, 2020
nairaman66:

There has not been any vandalization of anything nor killings anywhere in delta state. Get your facts checked before spewing rubbish!

Don't say what you don't know mr man, there has been destruction of road guards and burning of tires at okpanam road, asaba shoprite has been shut down, sporadic shooting was heard for about an hour at asaba police A division, get informed stop being ignorant. Tires have been burnt at midwifery and macdons junctions and hoodlums are collecting tolls from motorists who ply those roads

1 Like

Re: Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta by thatigboman: 12:31pm On Oct 22, 2020
southniyikaye:
means the curfew will be from 6pm today to 6pm on saturday
Re: Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta by thatigboman: 12:31pm On Oct 22, 2020
Lee99:

Don't say what you don't know mr man, there has been destruction of road guards and burning of tires at okpanam road, asaba shoprite has been shut down, sporadic shooting was heard for about an hour at asaba police A division, get informed stop being ignorant. Tires have been burnt at midwifery and macdons junctions and hoodlums are collecting tolls from motorists who ply those roads
today abi yesterday?
Re: Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta by Lee99: 12:32pm On Oct 22, 2020
thatigboman:
today abi yesterday?
Yesterday. It was total turmoil in Asaba

1 Like

Re: Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta by thatigboman: 12:33pm On Oct 22, 2020
equity1:
which one is 48hrs?
means 2 days
Re: Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta by firdaus95026: 12:36pm On Oct 22, 2020
E go shock you when militants burst pipelines
Re: Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta by blacknp(m): 1:04pm On Oct 22, 2020
Fahdiga:
All this curfew are as useless as the P in psychology. we the great Nigerian youths are on the move. we won't stop until we take back our dear country from evil leaders
What will we be left, after the destruction? The write up says Criminals & Hoodlums have hijacked the protest, this Mumu says we won’t stop?
Re: Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta by ApostlePaul14: 1:57pm On Oct 22, 2020
Sample mathematics, it means 2 days sit at home
southniyikaye:
Re: Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta by 8x216: 2:27pm On Oct 22, 2020
[s]
Patrioticman007:
These governors are declaring Curfew for just record purposes not that they meant it.

Let's Endsarz & corruption.
One Nation, One Nigeria
[/s]
Re: Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta by euniselfyahoo: 2:31pm On Oct 22, 2020
Okowa mr. Follow follow. This curfew will only worsen every thing. Right now, the people are burning tyares in every junction in Warri.
Re: Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 22, 2020
ApostlePaul14:
Sample mathematics, it means 2 days sit at home
it is simple and not sample... Take English classes bro, it helps..
Re: Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta by Emeka71(m): 2:46pm On Oct 22, 2020
chukwuibuipob:
sad The Bank will jam packed wen Dey lift the curfew
Yes let me wait in Warri until then.
Re: Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta by seenga(m): 4:14pm On Oct 22, 2020
by vandalizing properties and risking lives abi?
Fahdiga:
All this curfew are as useless as the P in psychology. we the great Nigerian youths are on the move. we won't stop until we take back our dear country from evil leaders
Re: Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 22, 2020
Just when business are beginning to stabilize.
Re: Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 22, 2020
nairaman66:

You are the one spewing rubbish! Check up on what happened in warri at NPA yesterday, and Warri A division police station this morning.
Re: Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta by nairaman66(m): 5:21pm On Oct 22, 2020
Lee99:

Yes, I agree. My point was unlike Lagos state, delta has been relatively peaceful.
Re: Okowa Declares 48-Hour Curfew In Delta by Lee99: 5:56pm On Oct 22, 2020
nairaman66:

Yes, I agree. My point was unlike Lagos state, delta has been relatively peaceful.
I see, well that makes sense

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria At COP28: Separating The Facts From Fiction / #fixthenass; Nigerians React To The House Of Rep Saga99reactions On Twitter / FCT Minister Orders End To Cattle Grazing In Abuja City Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.