Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,855 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Etisalat Slammed With A N10 Million Law Suit - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat Slammed With A N10 Million Law Suit (6213 Views)

MTN Withdraws Suit, Pays N50bn ‘in Good Faith’ / Perfect Guide In Buying Android Phone That Will Best Suit You / MTN Launches N10 Recharge Cards Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Etisalat Slammed With A N10 Million Law Suit by Abayomin70(m): 11:10pm On Mar 09, 2011
MTN ALSO scam me on my fast link i load 6000 for 9am to 9pm plan and up til now am not even browsing at at i av only browse for 2 days and since den is no more going is GOD dat will purnish dem
Re: Etisalat Slammed With A N10 Million Law Suit by iyatrustee(f): 10:29am On Mar 10, 2011
My husband had a similar experience with his MTN line sometimes last year. His fone would noy just go thru and had to go to their friendship center only to be told he just did Welcome back and had to wait 24hrs for it to be active. shocked shocked shocked after convincing the lady that the line trully was his( cos he went with his sim pack) they had to unblock the other party and released his line but it was too late then cos someone had used his forged cheque to withdraw almost 1.2mill from 2 of his accounts. we complained to MTN that the fraud was perpetrated because of their negligence. till today, nothing tangible has come out of the complaint cry cry cry
Re: Etisalat Slammed With A N10 Million Law Suit by Tokotaya: 10:39am On Mar 10, 2011
iyatrustee:

My husband had a similar experience with his MTN line sometimes last year. His fone would noy just go thru and had to go to their friendship center only to be told he just did Welcome back and had to wait 24hrs for it to be active. shocked shocked shocked after convincing the lady that the line trully was his( cos he went with his sim pack) they had to unblock the other party and released his line but it was too late then cos someone had used his forged cheque to withdraw almost 1.2mill from 2 of his accounts. we complained to MTN that the fraud was perpetrated because of their negligence. till today, nothing tangible has come out of the complaint cry cry cry

I'm curious. Can someone use your GSM number to withdraw money from your account? I dont see the connection.
Re: Etisalat Slammed With A N10 Million Law Suit by iyatrustee(f): 10:44am On Mar 10, 2011
read again. they swapped his line so that they would answer the call when the acct officers call to confirm the transactions
Re: Etisalat Slammed With A N10 Million Law Suit by Tokotaya: 11:07am On Mar 10, 2011
iyatrustee:

read again. they swapped his line so that they would answer the call when the acct officers call to confirm the transactions
You know, that wasn't in your earlier post. Now I see. That is an organised crime drawing strength from within your household. I cant help thinking you have someone close to you enough to have access to your sensitive info, who shouldnt. Quickly work on this before he/she organises the kidnap of your kids. (God forbid) Just my advice.
Re: Etisalat Slammed With A N10 Million Law Suit by Tokotaya: 11:12am On Mar 10, 2011
Another lesson from this for me is, should MTN tell me my phone has been swapped tomorrow, I wont wait to convince them the line is genuinely mine before contacting by banking officers to dishonour all cheques till further notice. Sorry, I have to learn this from Iyatrustee's terrible experience. sad
Re: Etisalat Slammed With A N10 Million Law Suit by seunlayi(m): 11:45am On Mar 10, 2011
Etisalat deserves to be taken to court. Subscribers should not keep silence whenever they are cheated.
Re: Etisalat Slammed With A N10 Million Law Suit by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:01pm On Mar 10, 2011
Tokotaya:

I'm curious. Can someone use your GSM number to withdraw money from your account? I dont see the connection.

It is very easy (if you think about it), Whenever i give out an OTC check up to and above N200,000, i get a call from the Bank asking me if it is okay to pay, they also ask me for my email address used to register my online bank account (this you can easily get). after this, they simply pay. rather than get bogged down with these confirmation calls, i handed the responsibility to my secretary, GTBANK are not even bothered that a girl is confirming a check for an account whose sole signatory is a guy. shocked

So if they forged a check or got one of his real check leaves, they can cash it without the owner even finding out about it since the call for confirmation won't reach him anyway and the SMS-Alert on the transaction will go to the stolen line. this is giving me ideas hhmmmn wink
Re: Etisalat Slammed With A N10 Million Law Suit by tonte23(m): 7:55am On Mar 11, 2011
bros na u be the badt guys
Re: Etisalat Slammed With A N10 Million Law Suit by smallboy2(m): 2:32pm On Mar 11, 2011
na waah oo
Re: Etisalat Slammed With A N10 Million Law Suit by seaylan: 9:19pm On Mar 12, 2011
Etisalat deserves to be taken to court. Subscribers should not keep silence whenever they are cheated. I agree with you completely! Due to the nature of our judicial system in Nigeria we are easily taken for rides by corporate organizations and multinationals. infact, most Nigerians just prefer to be cheated than take the trouble of going to court. I was on MTN funlink bundle for which subscription is 1,500 naira and you get 60megabytes data along with free sms and other perks. MTN removed the 60megabytes without informing anyone and not until i subscribed did i realize the dupe!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Problem With New Etisalat Cliqlite Tab / Nokia Vs Sonyericsson / Wants To Download 2go On My N900

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.