Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Press Release Comr. Levi Zachariah George talks On Neglect Of The Students Comm - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Press Release Comr. Levi Zachariah George talks On Neglect Of The Students Comm (269 Views)

FG, ASUU To Resume Talks On Friday / NURSS NATIONAL PRESIDENT Comr. Levi Zachariah George, Talks on School Reopening. / Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari Used In UNILORIN 100 Level Mass Comm Exam Questions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Press Release Comr. Levi Zachariah George talks On Neglect Of The Students Comm by Notjustzaki(m): 3:55pm On Oct 22, 2020
PRESS RELEASE
BY COMR. LEVI ZACHARIAH GEORGE NURSS NATIONAL PRESIDENT WORLD-WIDE

22ND OCTOBER 2020.

Greetings to the Good people of Rivers State and to all Rivers State STUDENTS worldwide.

First of all, let me commend Rivers People and all our students for the tranquillity and peaceful dispositions since the beginning of the “EndSARSNow” protest in Rivers State

1. As a Union, We have upheld our position on the #EndSARS protests both in Rivers State and Diaspora, Thus we strongly support the Aims of the “EndSARS” protest for as long as it remains peaceful.

2. I wish to also seize this opportunity to thank His Excellency, the Executive Governor of our dear Rivers State for his prompt intervention in situations affecting the State and Nation atlarge.

3. You will also recall that during the 2nd Inaugural address of His Excellency, Chief Barr. Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, he promised to run an All-inclusive Government that would encompass all Sectors of life and the Students had always done her best in contributing her quota in moving the State forward, but had always suffered being Side-lined and left behind when crucial activities and key issues of the state are being deliberated and actions also taken, notwithstanding the overwhelming Population of the Students Community.
It’s now becoming clear to the Students Community that Students are not relevant in this state under the dispensation of the Current Government of Rivers State.

4. A Judicial Panel of Inquiry to investigate the brutality and human rights abuses by SARS in Rivers State has been set up by the Governor and not a Single Representation from the Students Community.

5. It may interest you to note that the most affected persons in this issue of Police brutality are the students. The Youths we have today, over 70% of them are Students.
24 year old Chibuike Daniel Ikeaguchi AKA Sleek that was killed by SARS on the 19th of September, 2020 who just wrote JAMB to gain admission into the University, was a student. Also Late Solomon Yellowe left his University of Port Harcourt campus after Class test to use the ATM inside the Campus and he was arrested and killed by SARS, he Was a student of Uniport, And all others too numerous to mention.

Most students are being harassed and detained under the disguise of them being Yahoo Boys by SARS.

You will also recall that I was declared missing by the General public and the Police Force for four (4) days without food, Water and my phones were switched off. It was the same IGP monitoring team under SARS that kidnapped me. I was unlawfully detained and huge money was taken from me and also paid for my Release. Which also makes me a victim of the Police harassment and brutality.

Yet a Committee was set-up and No Representation from the Students Community was imputed in the Committee set up by the Governor to speak for Students, which are the most affected.

This is happening only in Rivers State as other states during the constitution of the committee has added a representative of their students community, using Delta state as a case study where the National president of Delta state Students Union was amongst the nine (9) members set up by the governor.

It is sad that the Rivers State Students are always at the back bench and never given attention, it may interest us to note that the Students Community also have a voice and should be given the opportunity to also speak for themselves and for their voices to be heard!

6. We don’t have an SA on Students Affairs to the Governor, Students are suffering in this period of the pandemic, No Bursary for 5years.
The Students have No desk to report to as the Vice Chancellor s', Rector’s and Provost have become Autocratic and Dictators in mandating their wills and policies.

7. We therefore request that the Governor should treat the affairs of Students and their welfare as top priority and involve a Member of Students Community in the activities of our dear Rivers state, especially in the recent Committee formed.

8. We want to further assure our students that we shall not be distracted in our determination to defend, protect and uphold the interest of the Rivers State Students Globally.

9. Finally, we urge all our students to remain peaceful, vigilant and ensure that we do not fall into the hands of these depraved doers.

Long live NURSS,
Long live RIVERS STATE
Long live NIGERIA

ALUTA CONTINA! VICTORIA ACERTA!!

Thank you and God bless you all
Comr. Levi Zachariah George
NURSS NATIONAL PRESIDENT

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

WAEC Result Is Out: How To Get Your WAEC Result Checker PIN / Akwa Ibom State Government To Employ 1000 Teachers / Should I Go For Second Semester After Failing First Semester

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.