Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Anybody Saying Osinbajo Should Resign Is Not Well Informed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anybody Saying Osinbajo Should Resign Is Not Well Informed (1061 Views)

General Irabor Asking 50 Generals To Resign Is Good For Young Officers / "Asking Buhari To Resign Is Not An Offence, Release Tanko-Yakasai" – Falana / Tunde Bakare: Osinbajo Should Leave If He’s Not Allowed To Perform As VP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anybody Saying Osinbajo Should Resign Is Not Well Informed by Openbusiness: 9:17pm On Oct 22, 2020
Since the beginning of this Buhari regime, Osinbajo has been the brain behind some of the outreach programmes that have been immensely beneficial to the masses. Programmes like Trader Moni, N-Power, Youth Investment, Agri Moni, COVID-19 etc and etc. He has been instrumental and extremely valuable to the common man in driving some of the few pro-masses and pro-citizens policies of the Buhari government.

Beyond this, it is obvious Buhari is surrounded by his tribal clan and feudal caucus, who for whatever political or other reasons keep him inside an opinionated bubble of manufactured impressions, and they block out whatever realities they feel is not favorable to their aims and objectives. However, Osinbajo has been the only friendly, welcoming and accessible window for the masses to the highest corridors of power. Without Osinbajo as VP right now, we won't even have a voice that can speak to Buhari's ear about our existence. We probably won't even exist in the discussions of the powers that be. We will never have a voice again in the ears of Buhari if Osinbajo resigns as VP, the Buhari feudal clan aka Aso Rock Cabal will ensure that our voices are permanently shut out from the presidential briefings. If right now people think Buhari has "ear problem' (quote and unquote) with Osinbajo on his side, that he hardly listens to the masses, then imagine how it would be like if Osinbajo is not there at all.

He might not be perfect, sometimes he might have overly defended Buhari's government to the point of insulting our collective intelligence, but what do you expect? He has to show loyalty to his boss, and then he is a VP, there's not so much he can do alone in terms of the Constitutional powers available for him as VP, his role is very limited, his Constitutional powers are very limited.

And to be fair to him, no other VP in the history of Nigeria has been as active, functional and efficient like Osinbajo. That's the truth. I believe he deserves some credit and not some political propaganda blackmail calling for his resignation. I think he is a very good VP and overall not doing bad. So my honest evaluation is that Osinbajo SHOULD NOT resign. His presence in Aso Rock is a big benefit to the masses. We need him in Aso Rock!

Re: Anybody Saying Osinbajo Should Resign Is Not Well Informed by richie240: 9:20pm On Oct 22, 2020
EndSarz 'EndTinubu' has bn treacherously executed.
Our 'freedom fighters' have their hatefilled eyes set on 'EndOsibanjo'.

God pass all of una!
cool

1 Like

Re: Anybody Saying Osinbajo Should Resign Is Not Well Informed by Jwonder(m): 9:22pm On Oct 22, 2020
grin But you lots insult Atiku daily! If Osibanjo is truly a man of God then he should resign, that’s the honorable thing to do.

richie240:
EndSarz 'EndTinubu' has bn treacherously executed.
Our 'freedom fighters' have their hatefilled eyes set on 'EndOsibanjo'.

God pass all of una!
cool

We know you’re a northerner pretending to be from the south, your brother buhari sent soldiers to lekki, got people killed and injured and didn’t even say sorry!
You lots are now trying to change the narrative

4 Likes

Re: Anybody Saying Osinbajo Should Resign Is Not Well Informed by richie240: 9:26pm On Oct 22, 2020
Jwonder:
grin But you lots insult Atiku daily! If Osibanjo is truly a man of God then he should resign, that’s the honorable thing to do.

We know you’re a northerner pretending to be from the south, your brother buhari sent soldiers to lekki, got people killed and injured and didn’t even say sorry!
Just as obadanjo, namadi sambo, goodluck Jonathan and co resigned abi?

U don chop?
cool

1 Like

Re: Anybody Saying Osinbajo Should Resign Is Not Well Informed by sammyj: 9:26pm On Oct 22, 2020
Absolutely correct OP!!! shocked
Re: Anybody Saying Osinbajo Should Resign Is Not Well Informed by richie240: 9:30pm On Oct 22, 2020
Jwonder:

We know you’re a northerner pretending to be from the south,
Hehehehe....dt blackmail nor fit work!
E be like say u be jjc abi?

your brother buhari sent soldiers to lekki, got people killed and injured and didn’t even say sorry!
Hehehehe....#clowns! grin grin grin
So its no longer Tinubu, sanwoolu and oba of Lagos dt ordered d 'killings' again abi?
Go sleep, biko!
cool
Re: Anybody Saying Osinbajo Should Resign Is Not Well Informed by Openbusiness: 9:30pm On Oct 22, 2020
Jwonder:
I don't do petty political discussions, I don't belong to any party, I'm not a political paid agent or political zombie slave. I try to be as objective as possible. Don't Osinbajo receive insults daily? Usually sef, na "Osinbande" I dey call am grin. Did anybody call for Atiku to resign as VP? Because I don't understand this your comparison about Atiku insults etc. But jokes apart, Osinbajo is not doing bad as a VP. As much as I dislike Buhari regime and think Buhari regime is an absolute disaster, Osinbajo remains one of the effective players of the Buhari regime working for the interest of the masses. Amaechi too fits into this category. He should not resign.
Re: Anybody Saying Osinbajo Should Resign Is Not Well Informed by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 22, 2020
I see no reason Osinbanjo will resign.

1 Like

Re: Anybody Saying Osinbajo Should Resign Is Not Well Informed by TheRareGem1(f): 10:11pm On Oct 22, 2020
Taken a look at tonight's speech by the President, you will agree with me that VP's tweets alone showed empathy, sympathy reassuring and promising compares to tonight's own.
Re: Anybody Saying Osinbajo Should Resign Is Not Well Informed by Joyce95: 10:13pm On Oct 22, 2020
I didn't see any reason why Osinbanjo will resign.

1 Like

Re: Anybody Saying Osinbajo Should Resign Is Not Well Informed by TheRareGem1(f): 10:18pm On Oct 22, 2020
Jwonder:

It's very low thinking to compare osinbajo with atikuloot. Too much crack is not good for you

2 Likes

Re: Anybody Saying Osinbajo Should Resign Is Not Well Informed by Openbusiness: 10:22pm On Oct 22, 2020
TheRareGem1:
Taken a look at tonight's speech by the President, you will agree with me that VP's tweets alone showed empathy, sympathy reassuring and promising compares to tonight's own.
You got it right, and that's why I said Osinbajo right now is the only access the masses have to the highest corridors of power. And Osinbajo is also the conscience of this Buhari government. Buhari didn't even talk about the Lekki tollgate killings in his broadcast, didn't even acknowledge or empathize with the dead protesters. That's the kind of insensitive president we have, despite that Osinbajo is at his side right now. Now imagine how it will be if Osinbajo is not even there. Buhari will be a Stone Cold Steve Austin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anybody Saying Osinbajo Should Resign Is Not Well Informed by Openbusiness: 10:24pm On Oct 22, 2020
Joyce95:
I didn't see any reason why Osinbanjo will resign.
Me too, but I had to make the thread because since about 2 days now, I noticed many posts here have been calling for his resignation, and of course, I also noticed many of those making those posts are all these political zombie agents spreading propaganda.
Re: Anybody Saying Osinbajo Should Resign Is Not Well Informed by stonemasonn: 11:07pm On Oct 22, 2020
Openbusiness:
Programmes like Trader Moni, N-Power, Youth Investment, Agri Moni, COVID-19 etc and etc. He has been instrumental and extremely valuable to the common man in driving some of the few pro-masses and pro-citizens policies of the Buhari government.
I don't think all these programs reached 1% of the population though.
Re: Anybody Saying Osinbajo Should Resign Is Not Well Informed by Openbusiness: 6:30am On Oct 23, 2020
stonemasonn:
I don't think all these programs reached 1% of the population though.
1% of 200 million = 2 million, so yes, correct maybe the programmes DIRECTLY benefited around that figure, but the indirect benefits to the system itself is also beneficial. A guy with NPower job has money to buy food, so the food seller benefits. The guy that got agro loan is able to buy tools for his farm, the tools seller benefits etc. So the trickle effect to other poor citizens and indirect benefits to the societal system itself pushes that 1% to maybe 10%, and this is why those programmes were and are helpful.
Re: Anybody Saying Osinbajo Should Resign Is Not Well Informed by okefrancis: 7:13am On Oct 23, 2020
In fact, I don't know why some people will be asking osinbajo to resign for no reason, anyway they fail to know that he's the brain behind the Nigeria progress

1 Like

Re: Anybody Saying Osinbajo Should Resign Is Not Well Informed by Shattuck(m): 7:30am On Oct 23, 2020
I have never been a fan of restructuring nigeria but what I can tell you is that the best thing any southern president can do for nigeria right now is to call for a referendum or to totally restructure nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Questions For Ipob Over Wike / We Will Repeat What We Did In Lekki If Protest Rise Again - Nig Army / Breaking: Kankara Kidnap: 140 Out Of 333 Students Rescued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.