Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm (7317 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Lifts Curfew Due To EndSARS Riots In Lagos / Wike Signs Executive Order Proscribing IPOB, Lifts Curfew / Wike Lifts Curfew On Parts Of Port Harcourt, Recalls Suspended Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm by Officialhorlah(m): 7:40am On Oct 24, 2020
Ondo State Governor , Rotimi Akeredolu, on Friday evening, lifted the 24 - hour curfew earlier imposed to curb the spate of violence in the state .
Hoodlums had hijacked the # EndSARS protests against police brutality to perpetrate mayhem in the state. The miscreant had attacked a prison in the state , freeing inmates. Several police stations, business premises as well as public and private properties have been looted and torched this week.
The governor while announcing the lifting of the curfew said the decision was taken because of the relative peace being observed in Akure , the state capital.
This was contained in a statement issued by the state Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Doanld Ojogo .
The statement read, “ The decision to lift the curfew follows consultations between the Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN and security chiefs in the state after a preliminary assessment of the security situation in the state .

“ The relative peace in the state capital , Akure appears very encouraging just as the people’ s resolve , especially the youths, not to allow brigandage under any guise is equally palpable .
“ It is, therefore, only normal that law - abiding residents are allowed to go about their legitimate businesses. ”

https://punchng.com/akeredolu-lifts-curfew-sues-for-calm/

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 7:55am On Oct 24, 2020
And what happens to the freed inmates?? The guy i personally arrested for killing my cousin is now out there as a free man and I already have his messages that he is coming for me. Right now I am on the run instead of him running. What exactly is Akeredolu's plan about the freed criminals? Even if it involves the use of juju they should gather all the babalawo in Ondo and do something!!! I cannot run to another country because of one man!

5 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm by okpalaAnambra: 7:55am On Oct 24, 2020
They should go and sin no more.. This should be a lesson to all.. Nigerians are waking up and getting used to protest.. No one knows the dimensions of the next protest

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm by roblance: 7:55am On Oct 24, 2020
Re: Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 24, 2020
Ok grin

Re: Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm by Franzinni: 7:55am On Oct 24, 2020
Please we need to know the location of the palliative warehouses around Nigeria ..so we can help protect them .. wink

2 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm by womenareapes: 7:55am On Oct 24, 2020
rubbish governors undecided

we will still protest untill that ediot of a president agreed to our terms and conditions!

5 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm by Joseb007(m): 7:55am On Oct 24, 2020
Re: Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm by Kuginzi: 7:56am On Oct 24, 2020
Chinua Achebe: A Man Who Makes Trouble For Others Is Also Making Trouble For Himself.

Someone is out to make your life miserable?
Don’t worry, you may not have to fight back, leave him to his conscience,
conscience is man’s most impartial judge, everyone has it, and nobody can escape it, no matter the lies and the pretence.
Re: Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm by bigt2(m): 7:56am On Oct 24, 2020
Liar! He will know no peace angry

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm by mascot87(m): 7:56am On Oct 24, 2020
Better. Let there be peace and let us be calming down.

This last event is the final chance we gave the government to put things right and do the right thing. If this kind of thing happens again, it will be disasterious and catastrophic. Now how leaders will be afraid and want to ensure the pit smiles on the face of the people.
Also, to encourage them please, if anyone of them perform well or does something good that we like, let us praise them and insult ONLY those who don't do things right.

God bless Nigeria
Re: Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm by fabson21(m): 7:57am On Oct 24, 2020
OK go on shocked
Re: Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm by yeniyeni(m): 7:57am On Oct 24, 2020
He tried but he should reduce our children school fee
Re: Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 24, 2020
hoodlums are just using the opportunities to hijack the Endsars, don't they know all these is the country benefits... some humans are dumb sha
Re: Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm by Daslim180(m): 7:58am On Oct 24, 2020
Let’s embrace peace my dear country youths... Now the Government sees the power of the people!

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm by html14java(f): 7:59am On Oct 24, 2020
Good.
Curfew is not really the solution.
Re: Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm by Blexino(f): 7:59am On Oct 24, 2020
hmm
Re: Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm by Abayhormy(m): 8:01am On Oct 24, 2020
Re: Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm by jericco1(m): 8:01am On Oct 24, 2020
It is well
Re: Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm by deewhydoski(m): 8:03am On Oct 24, 2020
womenareapes:
rubbish governors undecided

we will still protest untill that ediot of a president agreed to our terms and conditions!

Buhari agree to our terms and conditions?, Are u kidding me. From his speech u suppose to know the man no send anybody. The only way we can fight and win is for the youth to create their own political party and come out massively in 2023 to vote

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm by Incognito403: 8:04am On Oct 24, 2020
okpalaAnambra:
They should go and sin no more.. This should be a lesson to all.. Nigerians are sleeping now and getting used for propaganda.. No one knows the dimensions of the next riot

Corrected. angry
Re: Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm by mechanics(m): 8:10am On Oct 24, 2020
Good one, curfew will make things go worse.
Re: Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm by olarent: 8:16am On Oct 24, 2020
Bro i feel sorry for you,prisoners too was one of the beneficiary of our campaign.Government in all levels are failure the said prisoner can not do you anything he may run away for him not to be imprison again.
BRIGHTRIVERS:
And what happens to the freed inmates?? The guy i personally arrested for killing my cousin is now out there as a free man and I already have his messages that he is coming for me. Right now I am on the run instead of him running. What exactly is Akeredolu's plan about the freed criminals? Even if it involves the use of juju they should gather all the babalawo in Ondo and do something!!! I cannot run to another country because of one man!
Re: Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm by Oxtonguy: 8:21am On Oct 24, 2020
wink
Re: Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm by ahmedajadi(m): 8:22am On Oct 24, 2020
BRIGHTRIVERS:
Guy make you run comot for Nigeria if na true you dey talk because the security is tense and porous right now.
I can bet that the security agencies especially the Police will not be up to task like before because of the endears issue. So keep running. God will be with you.
Re: Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm by funlo2013: 9:03am On Oct 24, 2020
Accept Jesus today and be saved! Tomorrow may be too late! JESUS loves you!!
Re: Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:23am On Oct 24, 2020
BRIGHTRIVERS:

rambo first blood is your answer go watch am !
Re: Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 24, 2020
BRIGHTRIVERS:
you are joking right

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Lifts Curfew, Sues For Calm by adaora17901: 10:01am On Oct 24, 2020
Liar! He will know no peace

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG: ₦10.6 Billion COVID-19 Vaccine Logistics Cost Claim Is False / Court Nullifies APGA Governorship Primary Election In Abia, Orders Rerun / Video: Peter Obi Falls Down While Walking On The Stage - Is He Sick?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.