Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

#EndSARS: 'I Have Not Slept Since I Saw Lekki Toll Gate Massacre' - Burna Boy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / #EndSARS: 'I Have Not Slept Since I Saw Lekki Toll Gate Massacre' - Burna Boy (228 Views)

Wizkid: I Haven’t Slept Since I Arrived Lagos (Photos) / Lekki Massacre: Burna Boy Makes A Song About Lekki Shootings / EndSARS: I Was Beaten & Arrested By SARS – Beverly Osu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#EndSARS: 'I Have Not Slept Since I Saw Lekki Toll Gate Massacre' - Burna Boy by MckenzieSkyBlog: 11:14am On Oct 24, 2020
Nigerian singer, Burna Boy, has stated that he is finding it hard to close his eyes and sleep since the Lekki toll gate shooting incident that occurred on October 20, the day Nigerian soldiers opened fire on unarmed youths protesting against police brutality.

Governor of Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, had on Tuesday imposed a curfew on the state after hoodlums hijacked the peaceful #EndSARS campaign but the protesters refused to leave the Lekki toll gate where they have camped for at least 10 days.

At the late hours of that same day, the CCTV attached to the area were pulled down by some unknown men, the street lights were put off, after which the soldiers was seen shooting at the unarmed EndSARS protesters.

Burna Boy took to his Twitter account on Friday as he joined other celebrities who have condemned the incident.

He added that he has seen lots of violence and deaths, but this particular incident really upset him and it's affecting him emotionally.

“I have not slept since 20/10/2020. I close my eyes and all I see is Lekki tollgate. I’ve seen...SEE MORE HERE

1 Share

Re: #EndSARS: 'I Have Not Slept Since I Saw Lekki Toll Gate Massacre' - Burna Boy by Darammliveth(m): 11:15am On Oct 24, 2020
Oga keep quiet jooor... No dey bobo us ojare

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

"Useless Sanitary Pad" Says Bbnaija Winner, Mercy To Ike / Why You Need To Love Yourself Women / Regina Daniels’ Husband Allegedly Engaged To A Uk-based Lady (video/photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.