Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,416 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

#End SARS: Buhari Reveals Regret Over Not Working With Ex-ig Of Police, Arase - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #End SARS: Buhari Reveals Regret Over Not Working With Ex-ig Of Police, Arase (629 Views)

Alaafin On End SARS: Buhari’s Failure To Address Protesters Led To Loss Of Lives / Buhari Reveals Boko Haram’s Sponsors / Zahra Buhari Reveals Her Son Looks Like Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

#End SARS: Buhari Reveals Regret Over Not Working With Ex-ig Of Police, Arase by fineboynl(m): 1:02pm On Oct 24, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed his regret at not working longer with a former Inspector-General of Police, Solomon Arase.

This was revealed by presidential spokesman, Femi Adesina, in his weekly article.

Arase was appointed by former president, Goodluck Jonathan, in 2015 and worked under Buhari until 2016 when he retired.

He was the 18th IG of Police.

Adesina said Buhari, who has always had it in mind to reform the police, was impressed with Arase’s performance and wished he worked with him “to birth the police of his dreams”.

He added: “Talking of reform of the police, I know the mind of the President on that issue. Sometime in the early days of the first term of the administration, I had dropped into the house one night. And it was a few days to the exit of the then Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase, who was going into retirement.

“The President told me how much he had been impressed with Arase and how he regretted that the man spent just about a year with him. He then told me of the police of his dreams.”

There has been unrest across Nigeria over police brutality which triggered the #EndSARS campaign.

Amid the protests, there were calls for the resignation of the current IG of Police, Mohammed Adamu.

https://dailypost.ng/2020/10/24/end-sars-buhari-reveals-regret-over-ex-ig-of-police-arase/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

seun, lalasticlala
Re: #End SARS: Buhari Reveals Regret Over Not Working With Ex-ig Of Police, Arase by Sirmwill: 1:03pm On Oct 24, 2020
ssshsksk
Re: #End SARS: Buhari Reveals Regret Over Not Working With Ex-ig Of Police, Arase by Dayvidblue: 1:03pm On Oct 24, 2020
G
Re: #End SARS: Buhari Reveals Regret Over Not Working With Ex-ig Of Police, Arase by fineboynl(m): 1:04pm On Oct 24, 2020
remembered after arase left. the sars came out with full forces. although they have been operating for long but during 2016 it became worst off.

arase happened to be the best IGP since 1999. he removed all the road block within the state road. even but inter and intra state.

the work for the airway police or soldiers is to check for anyone carry arms. not looking for any other ways of extortion.
Re: #End SARS: Buhari Reveals Regret Over Not Working With Ex-ig Of Police, Arase by Fahdiga(m): 1:04pm On Oct 24, 2020
President Buhari is Nigerian version of Arsene Wenger. always crying had I known. always regretting not to have done this and that earlier. I can bet my left sided buttock that this man Buhari did not listen to Arase for once because he is a Christian and a Southerner. he is now forming woke
Re: #End SARS: Buhari Reveals Regret Over Not Working With Ex-ig Of Police, Arase by NoshakingGod(f): 1:10pm On Oct 24, 2020
#EndSARS
Re: #End SARS: Buhari Reveals Regret Over Not Working With Ex-ig Of Police, Arase by infinitethrust: 1:13pm On Oct 24, 2020
Why not fire this one then??
Re: #End SARS: Buhari Reveals Regret Over Not Working With Ex-ig Of Police, Arase by Mgbadike80: 1:23pm On Oct 24, 2020
Story, he retired Solomon Arase from Edo state so that he can keep employing northern Muslims for the job. Why didn't he employ him as the minister for police affairs, Special assistant or even to work at the police service commission?
Re: #End SARS: Buhari Reveals Regret Over Not Working With Ex-ig Of Police, Arase by tobechi74: 1:32pm On Oct 24, 2020
You were removing all Jona structure na
Re: #End SARS: Buhari Reveals Regret Over Not Working With Ex-ig Of Police, Arase by RenaissanceGuy: 1:45pm On Oct 24, 2020
And not just that, he replaced him with a northerner. Almost all the security agencies and arms are headed by people from the north.
Re: #End SARS: Buhari Reveals Regret Over Not Working With Ex-ig Of Police, Arase by fineboynl(m): 7:36pm On Oct 24, 2020
RenaissanceGuy:
And not just that, he replaced him with a northerner. Almost all the security agencies and arms are headed by people from the north.
more like all of them are in competent.

(1) (Reply)

Senate Grills Lai Mohammed For Spending N42m On Travels In 3 Months / Gombe State APC Holds Massive Mega Rally Over LG Poll / Nigerian Youths Are Too Poor To Run For Political Offices.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.