Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items (37414 Views)

NSCDC Officer Joins In Looting Of Palliatives / Taraba Declares Indefinite Curfew Over Looting / Burning, Looting Of Nigerian Shops In South Africa: FG Takes Definitive Measures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 24, 2020
The Ekiti State government raised an alarm on Saturday that huge quantities of poisonous items, mistaken for food yet to be distributed as COVID-19 palliative, were looted in warehouses in Ado-Ekiti on Friday.

The Commissioner for Information and Civic Orientation, Akin Omole, said in a statement in Ado Ekiti that raising the alarm became expedient to forestall any harm that could befall anyone who consumed the items.

Also reportedly looted was the office of the Agricultural Development Programme (ADP) in Ado Ekiti.

“Information at our disposal revealed that the Federal Government’s silos, the ADP warehouse and the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA) stores, all in Ado- Ekiti, were attacked by hoodlums under the guise of seeking Covid-19 palliatives.

“We insist that Ekiti state currently has no Covid-19 palliative warehouse as all the palliatives had been distributed.

“Unfortunately, the items carted away were Single Super Phosphate and NPK fertilisers, which they erroneously thought was “Gaari’’, cassava grains.

“The SEMA store too has only emergency supplies for disaster response.

“Some people even made away with pre-fermented corns preserved for planting. All these items are poisonous and not fit for consumption.

“We, therefore, appeal to our people not to consume these items because they can kill,’’ Mr Omole warned.

In a similar statement, Olabode Adetoyi, the Commissioner for Agriculture and Food Security, confirmed the looting, warning that most of the items carted away contained chemically-treated seeds meant for planting.

“They are not suitable for consumption,’’ he declared.

A correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the looters actually defied a heavy downpour in Ado-Ekiti on Friday night to storm the warehouses.

Many travelled long distances either in their private vehicles or in taxis or on motorcycles to get to the warehouses to loot.

Soldiers drafted to the warehouses were late as most of them were almost empty before they arrived. They deployed minimal force in their attempt to send the looters away, but in spite of this, some of them sustained injuries.

Some residents said the looters were encouraged by similar incidents earlier reported in Lagos and Osun states, where mobs looted bags of rice, beans, spaghetti and other consumables stored in government warehouses.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/422828-ekiti-raises-alarm-over-looting-of-poisonous-food-items.html

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 24, 2020
Hmm
Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by Liposure: 4:06pm On Oct 24, 2020
Hunger is a disease. It messes your mind, body and soul

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by Righteousness89(m): 4:07pm On Oct 24, 2020
They that Have Ears to Hear should Hear..

Meanwhile it's Important to sound the alarm on the need for Everyone of us to Ensure we are Living Prepared for Eternity by making peace with JESUS.
Eternity Beckons..
Many Have Gone in these few days.
No one knows who is next..
The times are so Perilous...
No one can ascertain what is Coming Next...

54 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by Gallant12: 4:09pm On Oct 24, 2020
It is finished!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by Nazgul: 4:40pm On Oct 24, 2020
Story...they plan to use it to scare the looters into returning it back. Who keeps poison in a warehouse... grin

331 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by Baawaa(m): 4:44pm On Oct 24, 2020
He is a liar,people eat nothing will happen to you

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by Elvictor: 4:46pm On Oct 24, 2020
this man can lie

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by Elvictor: 4:48pm On Oct 24, 2020
sapphiere:
Hmm
how come you always get first hand on evil and mischievous news?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by iamyemiakins(m): 4:53pm On Oct 24, 2020
Hungry people everywhere.

Looting has now become a normal thing these days in Nigeria. There was a country!

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 24, 2020
Elvictor:

how come you always get first hand on evil and mischievous news?
Because I'm evil and mischievous.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by iamyemiakins(m): 5:00pm On Oct 24, 2020
Nazgul:
[s]Story...they plan to use it to scare the looters into returning it back. Who keeps poison in a warehouse... grin[/s]

Chemically-treated food items

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by Nazgul: 5:07pm On Oct 24, 2020
iamyemiakins:

Chemical treated food items
Scam... if I'm there I'll take my share and consume immediately...chemical my foot. grin

76 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by iamyemiakins(m): 5:20pm On Oct 24, 2020
Nazgul:

Scam... if I'm there I'll take my share and consume immediately...chemical my foot. grin

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by ivolt: 5:25pm On Oct 24, 2020
grin This is funniest news I have read in weeks. Please you looters shouldn't kill yourselves with greed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by ivolt: 5:26pm On Oct 24, 2020
Nazgul:

grin You will just die prematurely.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by Charmingrascal(m): 5:59pm On Oct 24, 2020
Shame on all these Governors
CACOVID (private individuals) donated food for the poor and those heartless beings stuck up the food when many Nigerians are hungry.
The shameless ones still invite security personnel to shot at people who discovered the palliatives, how shameless can Nigerian politicians be.

Some of them said they are to share foods that are looted soon when COVID19 is fizzling out already.

God will punish all these people

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by fiyinfoluwa29093: 7:40pm On Oct 24, 2020
Hunger is a disease. It messes with your mind, body and soul

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by kambili999(f): 10:13pm On Oct 24, 2020
It will be a disaster for someone to be stirring fertilizer thinking its semolina.

Chai cry

15 Likes

Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by html14java(f): 10:13pm On Oct 24, 2020
Is that the strategy to disperse them.
Issorait.

Please oooh no government officials should come and tell us that the palliative will be shared in their state ooooh,we like the temple run,we will discover it and share it ourselves

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by simhosting: 10:13pm On Oct 24, 2020
Haha
Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by KunleyY19(m): 10:13pm On Oct 24, 2020
People will still consume it and later drink Agbo or Palm Oil...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by iCauseTrouble: 10:13pm On Oct 24, 2020
sad
Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by SmartPolician: 10:13pm On Oct 24, 2020
Story

This is damage control

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 24, 2020
Shame no catch u

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by Mindlog: 10:14pm On Oct 24, 2020
Unfortunately, the items carted away were Single Super Phosphate and NPK fertilisers, which they erroneously thought was “Gaari’’, cassava grains........It reminds of an episode of Jagua in the 80s, where Jagua soaked fertilizer and was drinking it like garri because he wanted to grow taller and add more weight.... shege Jagua! cheesy cheesy

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 24, 2020
sad .. Peaceful protesters, una no go put us for trouble.

May God heal Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by EyezofGod120: 10:14pm On Oct 24, 2020
angry na true na,,na only sanitizer I see loot there yesterday,, our palliative dey inside governor office,, na no go area o

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by Betrand3: 10:14pm On Oct 24, 2020
Fertilizer with Covid 19 inscription ? ? ?

Make una sofri for the lie.

Abi una done dey plant Covid?

Ndi werey

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by Xstremebj: 10:15pm On Oct 24, 2020
Don't worry.

Epo pupa is available

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by ILoveDemMANNA: 10:15pm On Oct 24, 2020
I am only praying that this won't be another story that touches.
I don't want to read of any bad news in Nigeria till the end of this year please.
2020 ....... biko kwanu....

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Raises Alarm Over Looting Of Poisonous Food Items by ATEAMS: 10:15pm On Oct 24, 2020
Cheii

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Picture Of The Female INEC Staff Who Died In A Bike Accident In Benue / FG Sacks Striking Doctors / Inside EFCC Report On Corruption Allegations Against Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.