Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

How To Change Name On Truecaller When It Showing Wrong Name - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Change Name On Truecaller When It Showing Wrong Name (1821 Views)

FG To Investigate Truecaller For Breaching Privacy Rights Of Nigerians / How To Remove Your Number From Truecaller (confirmed) / I Notice That Truecaller Doesnt Work Well On Iphone, Any Alternative? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Change Name On Truecaller When It Showing Wrong Name by alltipsfinder(m): 1:53pm On Oct 25, 2020
Turucaller is one of the best and most use caller ID app for android phone. By this app we can easily get to the caller ID of person who is calling us. Turucaller app helps us to get details of any known or unknown mobile number. The app also helps us to find OR Trace mobile number owner Name with address (if available). Truecaller also shows his mobile number, whose number is not saved in your phone book but saved In Truecaller. Truecaller is available for almost all the platform including Android, iOS, Symbian, Blackberry etc.

But some time we show, truecaller show wrong name of caller. Now whether you want to correct your name on truecaller OR correct your identity on truecaller Or you want to hide your correct identity on truecaller that you are at right place. Here in this tutorial we are sharing step-by-step guide to change name in truecaller database. But before knowing trick on how to change name on truecaller for of all we try to know, how truecaller works.

How to Change a Wrong name on Truecaller Database
:- Download and install TrueCaller, the app will send you ‘One Time Password’ to verify your phone number.

:- After verification, launch the TrueCaller app and open the app menu and then click on Edit Profile.

:- Click on Edit (Pencil icon) opposite on your name. Enter your first and then enter Your Last name as you want to appear in TrueCaller and save. That’s it.

Check Full Tutorial - https://alltipsfinder.com/how-to-change-name-on-truecaller/

3 Likes

Re: How To Change Name On Truecaller When It Showing Wrong Name by hisgrace090: 2:31pm On Oct 25, 2020
my own truecaller does not identify pepples name, it only shows names of those in my phone book.

1 Like

Re: How To Change Name On Truecaller When It Showing Wrong Name by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:07pm On Oct 25, 2020
hisgrace090:
my own truecaller does not identify pepples name, it only shows names of those in my phone book.
Your data has to be on, and in most cases after the call is dropped.

1 Like

Re: How To Change Name On Truecaller When It Showing Wrong Name by scarycuteface(m): 7:52pm On Oct 25, 2020
YoungBlackRico:
Your data has to be on, and in most cases after the call is dropped.

Exactly
Re: How To Change Name On Truecaller When It Showing Wrong Name by falcon01: 10:32pm On Oct 25, 2020
I bought a new sim, saved it on a phone with a weird name Didnt register it with true caller but True caller picked up the contact and saved it in their database when I called the phone registered on True caller, it showed the weird name i saved the number with. that means true caller use your contact names to tell another true caller user the name of the person the way you saved it even if that person is not registered on True caller.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Change Name On Truecaller When It Showing Wrong Name by Rexolinx: 10:34pm On Oct 25, 2020
hisgrace090:
pls help I don't know the true caller app to download I saw many on Playstore
Re: How To Change Name On Truecaller When It Showing Wrong Name by dgitrader(m): 4:15am On Oct 26, 2020
falcon01:
I bought a new sim, saved it on a phone with a weird name Didnt register it with true caller but True caller picked up the contact and saved it in their database when I called the phone registered on True caller, it showed the weird name i saved the number with. that means true caller use your contact names to tell another true caller user the name of the person the way you saved it even if that person is not registered on True caller.

You are right to an extent. But it doesn't end there. If you use that same new number to call ten friends, who subsequently saved it as ur new contact, true caller algorithm will delete ur weird name, and UPDATE with that which most of ur friends used for saving it.

1 Like

Re: How To Change Name On Truecaller When It Showing Wrong Name by falcon01: 7:49am On Oct 26, 2020
dgitrader:

You are right to an extent. But it doesn't end there. If you use that same new number to call ten friends, who subsequently saved it as ur new contact, true caller algorithm will delete ur weird name, and UPDATE with that which most of ur friends used for saving it.
yeah those peeps are sneaky

(1) (Reply)

SOLD: Brand New Redmi 9T, 4/64gb @ 67.5K (24HRS OFFER) / Watch Nile Sat On Your Android For Free!!! / Download Files From Youtube, Facebook, Vimeo, Vk.com In One Click Using Savefrom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.