Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Challenges Hindering Lagos State Neighborhood Safety Corps (LNSC) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Challenges Hindering Lagos State Neighborhood Safety Corps (LNSC) (707 Views)

Neighborhood Safety Corps Is Taking Lagos State Security To The Next Levle / Wife Catches Husband Defiling Their Daughter In My Neighborhood / Policeman Seen Trying To Shoot Dogs Hindering Him From Arresting Their Owner. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Challenges Hindering Lagos State Neighborhood Safety Corps (LNSC) by Amiralord: 4:05pm On Oct 25, 2020
Pls kindly ignore my error.
I will be outlining the remote and immediate reason this organization failed to perform optimally. Pls this might be a bit lengthy.

INTRODUCTION
The Lagos Neighborhood Safety Corps (LNSC) is a uniformed security agency established by a law of the Lagos State House of Assembly in 2016 to assist the Police and other security agencies to maintain law and order in the state. They operate in all the 57 LGA/LCDA in Lagos.
REMOTE CAUSES (5)

THE ASIWAJU PRESIDENTIAL AMBITION:The political ambition of Asiwaju has made the (Sanwolu) led govt render Lnsc useless so as not to go against the northern oligarch who are against state police.Ask why Sanwolu has not signed the (LNSC AKOTEKUN AMENDED ACT) into law?

MASSIVE CORRUPTION IN THE AGENCY:The act establishing the agency(LNSA) empower the body to employ, promote dismiss and renumerations of the personnel,thereby leaving the personnel at the mercy of hungry and corrupt political appointee called board.They underpay personnel salary .

RECRUITMENT:The directive given by the Ambode led government was to absorb all old personnel (Neighborhood watch) into the newly established LNSC.But on the contrary,only few them made d list less then 10%.Slot were given to children of politicians with no interest in the job.

TRAINING:This is where I realized that the state government are not ready for the state police they clamour for.Just one week induction training was given to the personnel.While the serious guys who are ready to work attended the training, politician slot did not bother attend the training at all.Yet we all resume duty together.How do you want such people to perform?

BOARD CHAIRMAN FACTOR:The board Chairman who is a retired DIG of police often promote and project the cause of the Nigeria police rather than that of the LNSC.Eg the power to conduct stop and search,arrest befor turnover as enshrined in the (LNSA ACT AS AMENDED) can't be carried out by the personnel as a result of the counter directive by the DIG.His a policeman afterall

IMMEDIATE FACTOR

LOCATION OF THEIR OFFICES:Out of the 58 LG and LCDA,less than 10percent had their offices inside the community,the rest had their offices inside the local government.people see them as local government worker with political affiliation rather than the security personnel who they truly are.
ILLITERATE HEAD THEIR VARIOUS STATION:Go to their various (except few) stations and confirm this, people with (FSLC) are appointed to head their stations where there are more than 50 graduates.This has greatly hindered their performance and their relationship with the outer society and dampen the moral of the educated ones to work with illiterate superior.

WAGES AND SALARY: Don't be deceived that this people are paid same salary with their counterpart in other agencies.NA BIG FAT LIE
SALARIES:Their salary are as follows:
No minimum implemented as reported in the Media
Graduate 55,000 (BSC)
Graduate 48,000(HND)
NCE(39000)
OND(38,000)
NABTEB AND OLEVEL AND SSCE(27000)

NO HAZARD ALLOWANCE:After 4 years of committed service to the state when at times life might be lost or heavily body damage,I can tell u authoritatively that no HAZARD ALLOWANCE has been paid to this people after 4 after and some has lost their life in the cause of their duty.

AMMUNITION TO COMBAT CRIME:Non was given because they don't want to step on the Masters (northern oligarchs) toes except baton.When going for operation you would always be ask some questions like is African insurance intact (voodoo).No modern training on crime prevention.

NO ORACLE NUMBER OR CONFIRMATION LETTER NO PENSION NO PROMOTION: This is where I concluded that afterall,this people might be working for a consultant firm because if not,this four things must have been given if truly they are staff of Lagos State after working for 4 years
Hope you can see why they are not ready to give their all to the job.They prefom better under the NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH than now.

FRONT PAGE PLS FOR BETTER PERFORMANCE OF THE AGENCY AND BETTER LIFE OF LNSC PERSONNEL

LALA
MYND44
SAPIENTIA
OAMAS
Re: Challenges Hindering Lagos State Neighborhood Safety Corps (LNSC) by DelTel(m): 4:13pm On Oct 25, 2020
Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Challenges Hindering Lagos State Neighborhood Safety Corps (LNSC) by sapientia(m): 4:27pm On Oct 25, 2020
OP.. Thanks for quoting me as I requested.

In just few paragraphs, you have a detailed analysis of the body.

From all you said, it then means that there will not going to be any improvement until Lagos votes in a sensible youth.

For those who may want to know, OP is a staff of the body and in the know.

1 Like

Re: Challenges Hindering Lagos State Neighborhood Safety Corps (LNSC) by Prokaryote: 8:17pm On Oct 25, 2020
You have done well OP....

1 Like

Re: Challenges Hindering Lagos State Neighborhood Safety Corps (LNSC) by Advision: 8:51pm On Oct 25, 2020
Lalasticlala, pls do the needful

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rape Saga: 'He Got Me Drunk, Took Advantage Of Me' — Singer Benna Insists / Flavour And Odumeje Thrilled The Crowd In Apams Birthday Party / My Passport Issue With Immigration Officer I Met Through A Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.