Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,566 members, 7,955,097 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:49 PM

Igbos Abandoned Former Vice President Effiong No Akwa Ibom Should Support Igbos - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Igbos Abandoned Former Vice President Effiong No Akwa Ibom Should Support Igbos (353 Views)

Former Vice Presidential Candidate Peter Obi's Phone Stolen Inside Courtroom" / Former Vice President Yemi Osinbajo And His Eight Years Of Waste / FUTA Mourns As Former Vice Chancellor Died. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Abandoned Former Vice President Effiong No Akwa Ibom Should Support Igbos by jgurus: 5:50pm On Oct 25, 2020

He was the man saddled with the suicidal job of meeting with the Nigerians after Biafra had lost steam. General Philip Asuquo Effiong was already a soldier the year Col. Olusegun Obasanjo was eight years old. He was commissioned before Generals Emeka Ojukwu and Yakubu Gowon.
When the chips were down, Gen. Effiong braved all odds to put the war to an end with the corollary humiliation, as Biafran Head of State. Ojukwu had joined the Grey Ghost to begin a life in exile. The erstwhile Biafran leader told his Chief of General Staff, he was travelling to Cote D’Ivoire in search of peace.

Thanks to Gen. Effiong, the war was brought to an end. This man who did so much for Biafra and Nigeria, unfortunately, has become largely forgotten by those who should celebrate him as a true hero. By bringing the crisis to an end he saved many lives and united the country once again.

Philip Asuquo Effiong, was the first Vice President and the second President of the now defunct Republic of Biafra during the Nigerian Civil War of 1967 to 1970.

Early life
Born in Ibiono Ibom in present-day Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria, on 18 November 1925, Philip Effiong joined the Nigerian Armed Forces on 28 July 1945. He quickly rose through the ranks until on 11 January 1956 he received the Queen’s Commission following his officer cadet training at Eaton Hall in Chester. The UK later commissioned him for duty in the Rhine, West Germany. He was then transferred to the Nigeria Army Ordnance Corps; then to England for further training after a peace-keeping stint in the Republic of Congo in 1961. He was Nigeria’s first Director of Ordnance. His son is his namesake. continue reading

Source: https://tigblog.com.ng/2020/10/25/meet-the-first-vice-president-and-the-second-president-of-biafra-philip-asuquo-effiong/
Re: Igbos Abandoned Former Vice President Effiong No Akwa Ibom Should Support Igbos by walosky(m): 6:11pm On Oct 25, 2020
Mbok!

I never knew Biafra had a President let alone a Vice President

Ok..we don hear..NEXT !
Re: Igbos Abandoned Former Vice President Effiong No Akwa Ibom Should Support Igbos by hisgrace090: 6:13pm On Oct 25, 2020
if they put effiong picturs everywhere you will still be the one to accuse them of trying to lure you with that move.
Re: Igbos Abandoned Former Vice President Effiong No Akwa Ibom Should Support Igbos by writetopoker2: 6:24pm On Oct 25, 2020
I thought the op had a point, only to discover that the OP is as confused as his former vice president Effiong that he mentioned.

OP please go and take your evening medications

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Former Vice President Effiong No Akwa Ibom Should Support Igbos by jgurus: 6:29pm On Oct 25, 2020
fool
writetopoker2:
I thought the op had a point, only to discover that the OP is as confused as his former vice president Effiong that he mentioned.

OP please go and take your evening medications

1 Like

Re: Igbos Abandoned Former Vice President Effiong No Akwa Ibom Should Support Igbos by writetopoker2: 6:31pm On Oct 25, 2020
jgurus:
fool

E shock you?

Your generation unborn is the biggest fool. Foolish lineage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Abandoned Former Vice President Effiong No Akwa Ibom Should Support Igbos by PlayerMeji: 6:34pm On Oct 25, 2020
Abeg... It's not everything I have to contribute to on Nairaland for that sake I am keeping quiet on this one...
Re: Igbos Abandoned Former Vice President Effiong No Akwa Ibom Should Support Igbos by jgurus: 6:40pm On Oct 25, 2020
stupid fool... igbo mumu. i pity u
writetopoker2:

E shock you?

Your generation unborn is the biggest fool. Foolish lineage

1 Like

Re: Igbos Abandoned Former Vice President Effiong No Akwa Ibom Should Support Igbos by writetopoker2: 7:02pm On Oct 25, 2020
jgurus:
stupid fool... igbo mumu. i pity u

Your generation is a condolence apology, foolish oil licking generation.

E shock you!!!!!!?
Re: Igbos Abandoned Former Vice President Effiong No Akwa Ibom Should Support Igbos by jgurus: 7:06pm On Oct 25, 2020
compound fool
writetopoker2:

Your generation is a condolence apology, foolish oil licking generation.

E shock you!!!!!!?
Re: Igbos Abandoned Former Vice President Effiong No Akwa Ibom Should Support Igbos by writetopoker2: 7:12pm On Oct 25, 2020
jgurus:
compound fool

Complex hediat

U sure say you know your father? Bastard!!!!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Abandoned Former Vice President Effiong No Akwa Ibom Should Support Igbos by jgurus: 7:15pm On Oct 25, 2020
i don see idiot like u wey sabi him papa.. Igbo betrayal
writetopoker2:

Complex hediat

U sure say you know your father? Bastard!!!!
Re: Igbos Abandoned Former Vice President Effiong No Akwa Ibom Should Support Igbos by writetopoker2: 7:27pm On Oct 25, 2020
jgurus:
i don see idiot like u wey sabi him papa.. Igbo betrayal

This one shock you wella, jobless hegoat, see as dem disgrace ur Oba, you no do anything, now you come here they shout "igbo".

supporter of APC generation, nah thunder wey no get break go fire you there foolish fool
Re: Igbos Abandoned Former Vice President Effiong No Akwa Ibom Should Support Igbos by jgurus: 7:33pm On Oct 25, 2020
onna be betrayal.. na same onna leader betray him vice. useless fool
writetopoker2:

This one shock you wella, jobless hegoat, see as dem disgrace ur Oba, you no do anything, now you come here they shout "igbo".

supporter of APC generation, nah thunder wey no get break go fire you there foolish fool
Re: Igbos Abandoned Former Vice President Effiong No Akwa Ibom Should Support Igbos by writetopoker2: 7:37pm On Oct 25, 2020
jgurus:
onna be betrayal.. na same onna leader betray him vice. useless fool

I tot u have sense, Oba-less tribe, at your years remain broke
Re: Igbos Abandoned Former Vice President Effiong No Akwa Ibom Should Support Igbos by okey95644: 9:37pm On Oct 25, 2020
:onna be betrayal.. na same onna leader betray him vice. useless fool I tot u have sense, Oba-less tribe, at your years remain broke
Re: Igbos Abandoned Former Vice President Effiong No Akwa Ibom Should Support Igbos by jgurus: 10:22pm On Oct 25, 2020
Jobless fool.. I no get time for mumu like you
writetopoker2:

Re: Igbos Abandoned Former Vice President Effiong No Akwa Ibom Should Support Igbos by writetopoker2: 10:55pm On Oct 25, 2020
jgurus:
Jobless fool.. I no get time for mumu like you

Omor you must get time for me oo oo grin , nah your find me come, how you no go get time. Where you wan run go, idiaat grin
E shock you?!!! grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Best Software Development Company In Dubai / The Largest Crypto Project In Africa / #ENDSARS: We Took Live Bullets To Lekki Tollgate, Says Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.