Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,637 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting (74900 Views)

Presidency Replies EU, UK And US On CJN's Suspension (Full Statement) / Buhari Speaks On Suspension Of CJN Onnoghen (Full Statement) / Obasanjo: Buhari Plans To Rig The 2019 Elections (FULL STATEMENT) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Shadysen: 8:39pm On Oct 25, 2020
k
Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Sonnobax15(m): 8:39pm On Oct 25, 2020
grin. By now,Tinubu must have been wondering like-"in what way have I ever offended lagosians".
jagaban my foot

how the affairs of Lagos of all places suddenly became the bedroom of one turtle headed beast can only make someone wonder if there's something wrong somewhere.

his presidential ambition has been put on a flight mode

7 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by merieam16(f): 8:40pm On Oct 25, 2020
femidly:
What did he say?
grin cant u read ni

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by olu77(m): 8:40pm On Oct 25, 2020
In verse 22 of the only chapter of this epistle by saint Tinubu, Tinubu said the same thing every politician will say:

22. These elements, mostly hirelings of my political opponents, wreaked their havoc and destroyed those buildings and facilities and I thank God that the employees of these two media institutions managed to escape largely unharmed.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by DaBillionnaire: 8:40pm On Oct 25, 2020
The truth will come up, it's just time

Best videos put together that teach you how to cook different recipes, stews and make snacks and smoothies, become a professional!

Videos available for only N500.

https:///2349068394441

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by chizpim(m): 8:41pm On Oct 25, 2020
SuperBold:

What is with the word slaves everytime among you igbos? Any small thing slave, why? Given the sad situation of Ohu and Osu igbos suffering silently, the word should not be coming out of you people mouth and you should know better. Kindly stop it
Your a tribalistic fool, so who ever that speaks against Tinubu is now an Igbo man.

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by RALPHOW(m): 8:43pm On Oct 25, 2020
The question is who ordered the shooting of innocent and peaceful protesters?
With Asiwaju position in this country, he has all it takes to know who ordered the shooting.
Please tell us if you did not.

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2020
You are expecting me to read 24 paragraphs speech You are not serious.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by kingscare1(m): 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2020
Jagaban for lagos that allowed the killing of it's people, it's that one a jagaban?

Good evening, I'm looking for car for Uber driving....i stay in lekki.
Thanks a million.��

0903........ 546........ 408...... 2

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by FlordFlorez(m): 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2020
No wicked shall go unpunished. U mock Nigerians the other day with ur conduct in ur last interview. Whatever ur plan is towards 2023, it is officially dead! #ItIsNotFinished #2023ForYouthPresidency

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by LegendHero(m): 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2020
Eriokanmi:
Nobody hates you. We only hate the spirit of greed and corruption in you. You'd be retired popitically soon

Says someone who is a NOBODY!

You are not the one that took him to the position where he reached, and you cannot decide his fate with mere words.

Asiwaju omo olodo ide, Jagaban of Borgu!

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by chaloskyx: 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2020
LOOK AFTER WHAT OUR NIGERIAN POLITICAL CLASS HAS DONE TO US WITH THE KILLINGS, INABILITY TO DEFEND LIVES AND PROPERTIES AND ALSO THE HOARDING OF COVID19 PALLIATIVES EVEN THOUGH THEY NEW PEOPLE WERE WITHOUT JOB AND HUNGRY FOR MONTHS MY ADVISE TO ALL NIGERIANS. JUST NOD YOUR HEAD AND TELL THEM ITS OKAY WE BELIVE YOU SIRS AND LET THEM BE THEN IN 2023.............WE CLEAR THEM ALL OUT THATS ALL WE CAN DO AND THATS WHEN THEY KNOW WE HAVE THE POWER SO LETS SAVE OUR ENERGY TILL THEN.......TO ALL HAUSAS IGBOS AND YOURUBA IT WILL BE WELL

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by We4all: 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2020
From the bottom of my heart, I wouldn't want to be in his shoes. And to y'all that won't allow Tinubu have a breath of fresh air, where was your fathers when Tinubu was building his political career? I know, they were busy impregnating your mothers.

Tinubu saw an open opportunity, grabbed it and is using it wisely. Next time, tell your fathers to learn to be as smart as Tinubu cos I know most of you wish he birthed you.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Slynation(m): 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2020
This is just medicine after death... Nobody predicted the level of anarchy and chaos that would follow up after the shootings, perhaps they simply thought it's business as usual i.e protesters will scamper and return back to the bird app without retaliation even tho they went too far in collaboration with thugs and hoodlums making the whole efforts of the genuine protesters a futile journey...!! Tinubu may not directly have a hand in that attack but he certainly knows those behind it... Sanwo Olu said it was an 'Order beyond his capacity" Now... No one is man enough to claim the attack with his full chest

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Depressed101: 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2020
Lanrelagboi:
THE #ENDSARS PROTESTS; A FUNDAMENTAL LESSON IN DEMOCRATIC GOVERNANCE

I heavily grieve for those who have lost their lives or been injured during the period of these protests.

2. My deepest sympathies go to their families and loved ones for none should have been made to pay such a dear price. My career as an active politician spans nearly three decades.

3. In that time, I have seen many things as Nigeria has struggled, sometimes against itself, to undertake the often painful yet inexorable push toward democratic government accountable to, and protective of, the people.

4. Here, let me directly address the sharp point aimed against me. I have been falsely accused of ordering the reported deployment of soldiers against peaceful protesters that took place at Lekki on 20 October 2020.

5. This allegation is a complete and terrible lie. I did not order this or any assault against anybody. I would never want such a vile thing to happen nor did I have any prior knowledge about this sad event.

6. It is my firm belief that no one should be harassed, injured or possibly killed for doing what they have the constitutional right to do in making their contribution to a better, more equitable society.

7. As a political figure, I am accustomed to people attributing to me all manner of indiscretions of which I have no knowledge and in which I played no role. I have usually ignored such falsities as the cost of being in the public eye.

8. This time, it is different. The allegation now levied against me is that I called on soldiers to kill my own people. This allegation is the foulest of lies.

9. The use of strong force against any peaceful protesters is indefensible, completely outside the norms of a democratic society and progressive political culture to which I aspire and have devoted my public life.

10. That people were angered by the reports of violence and death is acutely understandable.
Understandably outraged, people sought to hold someone accountable.

11. For various reasons, I became the most available scapegoat. Some people don't like me because they believe the false rumours uttered about me over the years. Some maligned my name because they hide ulterior motives & harbour unrequited political scores they intend to settle

12. A week ago, such people tried to bring enmity between me and the state and federal governments by contending I was sponsoring the protests.

13. When that did not work, they then sought to sow enmity between me and the people by saying I ordered soldiers to quash the very same protests they first accused me of organising.

14. My opponents have every right to oppose me politically but let them have the courage to do so in the open, above board and to employ facts not evil fiction in their efforts against me.

15. They have no right to slander and defame anyone with the terrible and vile fabrications now cast at my feet.

16. Those who have decided to hate me will hate me regardless of the truth. Again, they have the right to think as they may and I am not troubled by their unfounded animus. Today, I speak not to them. I leave them to the workings of their own conscience.

17. The slander aimed at me is based on the untruth that I own the toll gate concession. The hate mongers prevaricate that I ordered the Lekki assault because the protests had caused me to lose money due to the interruption of toll gate activity.

18. I ask people to thoroughly investigate the matter of my alleged ownership of the toll gate. By seeking facts, instead of being swayed by gossip, you will find I have no ownership interest or involvement in the toll gate.

19. At bottom, the toll gate is a public asset. If it is reopened, revenues should be donated to the confirmed victims of the Lekki attack as well as to other identifiable victims of police brutality in Lagos.

20. Let government use the money to compensate and take care of those who have lost life or limb in the struggle for all citizens to go about the quiet, peaceful enjoyment of life without fear of undue harassment at this or that checkpoint.

21. On the other hand, I am, indeed, a promoter and financial investor in The Nation and TVC. It was widely known and circulated through social media that certain malevolent elements were going to take advantage of the situation to attack the Nation newspaper facilities & TVC.

22. These elements, mostly hirelings of my political opponents, wreaked their havoc and destroyed those buildings and facilities and I thank God that the employees of these two media institutions managed to escape largely unharmed.

23. There is no rationale that can adequately explain why I would order soldiers to repel peaceful protesters from the toll gate where I have no financial interest, yet, choose to do nothing to protect my investments in the Nation and TVC.

24. The good and creative people of Lagos have worked hard over the years to build it into the dynamic economic and cultural focal point it has become. Lagos has enjoyed over two decades of sustained, uninterrupted growth.

https://twitter.com/AsiwajuTinubu/status/1320417942299955207?s=19
You don't know who ordered the soldiers to shoot your people. Something you denied never happened... So who did... Because you must tell your people who ordered the shooting... You are almost like a moral leader to them... And I am sure you know who did.. So tell us and stop releasing facelifting press statement

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Blessedassuranc(f): 8:46pm On Oct 25, 2020
[quote author=helinues post=95335062] grin

Jagaban of Borgu land has spoken.....

Slayers of Ipob and Pdp miscreants[/quote

YOU SERPENT AND CERTIFIED MUMU

9 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by jaytii(f): 8:46pm On Oct 25, 2020
Jags
Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 25, 2020
LegendHero:

Says someone who is a NOBODY!
Nobody is a nobody. Anybody who see somebody as a nobody is definitely a nobody.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Greatzeus(m): 8:47pm On Oct 25, 2020
Let them keep hating. They have been hating since the person they voted for lost in 2015. The good man has moved on,his good people of South South have moved on.Only them remain, crying more than the bereaved.
They have cursed taya,they lied taya,they wail Taya. Yet you are hail and healthy, getting richer. Let them keep hating, nobody received credit alert for hating. God bless Nigeria and all who wishes her good. Those who wishes my dear country evil will be the one to continue experiencing evil.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by seunoj: 8:47pm On Oct 25, 2020
baby124:
You came on national TV in arrogance and laughed in the face of those who died. That was not a mistake. You had time to think about your first speech. You only release this bullshit when people expressed disgust at the stupid press conference. I am sure even Sanwo Olu was alarmed. You bring your foolish son who contributed to loss of lives to also laugh like hyena on TV. So that those who lost children can cry very well. Agbaya. Agba ti ko to nkan.

I thought I was the only one that saw this. I have already concluded that he has a hand in it considering his body language and show of stunt

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by We4all: 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2020
kingscare1:
Jagaban for lagos that allowed the killing of it's people, it's that one a jagaban?

Good evening, I'm looking for car for Uber driving....i stay in lekki.
Thanks a million.��

0903........ 546........ 408...... 2

Big man. But we need first hand information from you on what actually happened at Lekki toll, gate, then we can negotiate business.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by PDPdestroyer(m): 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2020
Tinubu we already know them. This time, they played their cards too early, it's just a matter of time, they will be put where they belong.
They will try but will always fail, except you're guilty of every lies they've said about you

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Politicowizard(m): 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2020
Mtchew!
Next pls.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by GeneralPula: 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2020
baby124:
You came on national TV in arrogance and laughed in the face of those who died. That was not a mistake. You had time to think about your first speech. You only release this bullshit when people expressed disgust at the stupid press conference. I am sure even Sanwo Olu was alarmed. You bring your foolish son who contributed to loss of lives to also laugh like hyena on TV. So that those who lost children can cry very well. Agbaya. Agba ti ko to nkan.
Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Gavorche: 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2020
nice one jagaban some people are just filled with hate that they fail to reason objectively

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Willie007: 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2020
capitalzero:

He recanted after he was presented with overwhelming evidence of the massacre. Interesting days are ahead. No online hoodlum should quote me oh!!

No be tinubu again

Always talking from every side of his mouth

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2020
Lanrelagboi:
THE #ENDSARS PROTESTS; A FUNDAMENTAL LESSON IN DEMOCRATIC GOVERNANCE

I heavily grieve for those who have lost their lives or been injured during the period of these protests.

2. My deepest sympathies go to their families and loved ones for none should have been made to pay such a dear price. My career as an active politician spans nearly three decades.

3. In that time, I have seen many things as Nigeria has struggled, sometimes against itself, to undertake the often painful yet inexorable push toward democratic government accountable to, and protective of, the people.

4. Here, let me directly address the sharp point aimed against me. I have been falsely accused of ordering the reported deployment of soldiers against peaceful protesters that took place at Lekki on 20 October 2020.

5. This allegation is a complete and terrible lie. I did not order this or any assault against anybody. I would never want such a vile thing to happen nor did I have any prior knowledge about this sad event.

6. It is my firm belief that no one should be harassed, injured or possibly killed for doing what they have the constitutional right to do in making their contribution to a better, more equitable society.

7. As a political figure, I am accustomed to people attributing to me all manner of indiscretions of which I have no knowledge and in which I played no role. I have usually ignored such falsities as the cost of being in the public eye.

8. This time, it is different. The allegation now levied against me is that I called on soldiers to kill my own people. This allegation is the foulest of lies.

9. The use of strong force against any peaceful protesters is indefensible, completely outside the norms of a democratic society and progressive political culture to which I aspire and have devoted my public life.

10. That people were angered by the reports of violence and death is acutely understandable.
Understandably outraged, people sought to hold someone accountable.

11. For various reasons, I became the most available scapegoat. Some people don't like me because they believe the false rumours uttered about me over the years. Some maligned my name because they hide ulterior motives & harbour unrequited political scores they intend to settle

12. A week ago, such people tried to bring enmity between me and the state and federal governments by contending I was sponsoring the protests.

13. When that did not work, they then sought to sow enmity between me and the people by saying I ordered soldiers to quash the very same protests they first accused me of organising.

14. My opponents have every right to oppose me politically but let them have the courage to do so in the open, above board and to employ facts not evil fiction in their efforts against me.

15. They have no right to slander and defame anyone with the terrible and vile fabrications now cast at my feet.

16. Those who have decided to hate me will hate me regardless of the truth. Again, they have the right to think as they may and I am not troubled by their unfounded animus. Today, I speak not to them. I leave them to the workings of their own conscience.

17. The slander aimed at me is based on the untruth that I own the toll gate concession. The hate mongers prevaricate that I ordered the Lekki assault because the protests had caused me to lose money due to the interruption of toll gate activity.

18. I ask people to thoroughly investigate the matter of my alleged ownership of the toll gate. By seeking facts, instead of being swayed by gossip, you will find I have no ownership interest or involvement in the toll gate.

19. At bottom, the toll gate is a public asset. If it is reopened, revenues should be donated to the confirmed victims of the Lekki attack as well as to other identifiable victims of police brutality in Lagos.

20. Let government use the money to compensate and take care of those who have lost life or limb in the struggle for all citizens to go about the quiet, peaceful enjoyment of life without fear of undue harassment at this or that checkpoint.

21. On the other hand, I am, indeed, a promoter and financial investor in The Nation and TVC. It was widely known and circulated through social media that certain malevolent elements were going to take advantage of the situation to attack the Nation newspaper facilities & TVC.

23. There is no rationale that can adequately explain why I would order soldiers to repel peaceful protesters from the toll gate where I have no financial interest, yet, choose to do nothing to protect my investments in the Nation and TVC.

24. The good and creative people of Lagos have worked hard over the years to build it into the dynamic economic and cultural focal point it has become. Lagos has enjoyed over two decades of sustained, uninterrupted growth.

https://twitter.com/AsiwajuTinubu/status/1320417942299955207?s=19

If you give him the Mic now , he won't be able to say anything written here. He will speak raw and abuse Nigerian Protesters and the victims. Thank God for the hardwork of aids who are trying to clear his mess.
But this write up has not cleared the fact that he has control over the military. His media aides only helped him to deny that he ordered the shooting.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by DrMuzungu(m): 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2020
Chief Tinubu should respect himself and shut up for once in his life.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by DenreleDave(m): 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2020
Jagaban don talk

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by nograv: 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2020
How can you grieve for something you created?

Sadly at this point, I see no reason why the youth wont simply try to destroy the system entirely.

As these old men seem incapable of doing the needful...
Re: Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting by NwaliE01: 8:48pm On Oct 25, 2020
Who are you?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Lagos State Introduces New Vehicles To Replace Danfo (pic) / Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South / Atiku Is From Cameroon’ – Nnamdi Kanu Tells Govt Only Boycott -nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.