Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,586 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO (50476 Views)

Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO / Chevron Nigeria Appoints Jim Swartz As New MD / Elon Musk 'Voted Out' As CEO Of Twitter By Poll He Created (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO by obyrich(m): 12:37pm On Oct 26, 2020
ideylaff:

You said it all, Calm easy unassuming guy Karl is. Congrats to him.

His career and trajectory @MTN has bn consistent and its a great step in the right direction ...

Young chap as well ...
Carl is a nice guy.
Re: MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 26, 2020
BabaO2:

You are a confirmed liar, no one will ever tell you that, Adebayo is a traditional natural name, it is not a religious name that anyone can bear. You have to know the meaning of a name before you named your child such name. You can't know those countries you mentioned more than me, they are very always proud of their root.
Lols, when I went to ghana, there's this friend of mine who's a lecturer whose name is afolabi, I called him a nigerian he said he wasn't a nigerian but a Ghanaian from Volta region heritage. They're so many names native to West Africans go and find out. They're so many names you will hear and think it is Yoruba but it is for west African names. Go and find out
Re: MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO by Ayokequeen(m): 12:40pm On Oct 26, 2020
Mr Toriola is an halfcast but an indigenous child of Osun state, precisely Modakeke. His Mom is white. He's the owner of Hill Spring Hotel Modakeke, the best hotel in Modakeke and Ile-Ife region. His father is the next inline to be the king of Modakeke who he's a retired doctor in OAU.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO by quickly: 12:53pm On Oct 26, 2020
This guy was holding 1St class record in ife I’m elect elect.
Re: MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO by Asour: 1:38pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hambivert:
Sparogatively, the Yoruba meaning of Toriola is... "because of tomorrow". Some would translate it to mean because of wealth, but I would stick to the former!

No one knows tommorow! The breakdown of how much shares he purchased, was it necessary?

Sparogatively, MTN stuck with the interpretation I chose, "Because of Tommorw", bearing rioters and 'ALOOTERS' in mind.

"Na una people get MTN NG o!"
Message passed loud and clear!

Let me not forget to say...

Congratulobia! Mr Toriola, go and excel

Shares Owned by Executives give rise to potential Insider trading concerns by shareholders & the investment community. To dispel these concerns and to improve Corporate governance, share ownership disclosures are important.

Securities malpractices by terrible executives in the past have necessitated these measures.
Re: MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO by okomile(f): 1:54pm On Oct 26, 2020
ivolt:

His nationality wasn't stated in the article.

Siddon dey wait ooooo
Re: MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO by dayleke: 2:10pm On Oct 26, 2020
AutoshalomUSA:
Who be him Papa ?

Mr Toriola....

cool
Re: MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO by euniselfyahoo: 2:12pm On Oct 26, 2020
Please, tell something else. How dose it concern us?
Re: MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO by dayleke: 2:16pm On Oct 26, 2020
Ayokequeen:
Mr Toriola is an halfcast but an indigenous child of Osun state, precisely Modakeke. His Mom is white. He's the owner of Hill Spring Hotel Modakeke, the best hotel in Modakeke and Ile-Ife region. His father is the next inline to be the king of Modakeke who he's a retired doctor in OAU.

Seems you know him wella....
Kudos...
You forget to include he owns "Cameron Hotel" too in ife.

Also an alumni of Moremi High school, ife.
Class of '87.

Hail Moremi!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO by ofiko123(m): 2:26pm On Oct 26, 2020
Congratulations Karl toriola..
Re: MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO by Oritsewhandey(m): 2:50pm On Oct 26, 2020
Maize247:
very young Omoluabi
Quite a stock worth investing on.
N118 per share.
One of the highest and most lucrative in Nigeria.
Re: MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO by BabaO2: 3:23pm On Oct 26, 2020
onyechez:

Lols, when I went to ghana, there's this friend of mine who's a lecturer whose name is afolabi, I called him a nigerian he said he wasn't a nigerian but a Ghanaian from Volta region heritage. They're so many names native to West Africans go and find out. They're so many names you will hear and think it is Yoruba but it is for west African names. Go and find out
Oga yes, some of them are denying now agreed because of our bad image, of course they are not carrying Nigerian passport. Had it been we are doing well, you hear them saying they migrated from Oyo, Osun etc. Example, Seyi Adebayor will not tell you he's a Nigerian but everyone knows in Togo.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO by Lexzyhands(m): 3:45pm On Oct 26, 2020
AutoshalomUSA:
Who be him Papa ?

His papa is a well known figure in Modakeke, Osun State. He has a span of business from Hotels to Agricultural farm.
Re: MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO by jagorinho: 4:07pm On Oct 26, 2020
onyechez:

envy is a trait you ought to delete from your system, anybody bearing Afolabi is a Yoruba or has Yoruba roots irrespective of the country they reside, it is not like names like Toure, Traore etc that can be encountered in many west African countries, do not let envy over petty issues work you up for nothing.
Re: MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO by Ayokequeen(m): 4:45pm On Oct 26, 2020
dayleke:

Seems you know him wella....
Kudos...
You forget to include he owns "Cameron Hotel" too in ife.

Also an alumni of Moremi High school, ife.
Class of '87.

Hail Moremi!!!!
In fact I'm farming on his father's land along toro road. The man has bought more than half of the whole Modakeke land. He's just buying lands like biscuit and constructing poultry farms everywhere.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO by dayleke: 4:54pm On Oct 26, 2020
Ayokequeen:
In fact I'm farming on his father's land along toro road. The man has bought more than half of the whole Modakeke land. He's just buying lands like biscuit and constructing poultry farms everywhere.

Na wah o....
Those are the pples who pples refer to as put your money where your mouth is...

It is well....
A very humble family. ..
Re: MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO by Deloo: 5:11pm On Oct 26, 2020
Sabada ni elufun, modakeke lo tiwa. Congratulations to you! Congratulations to Modakeke! and Congratulations to Osun state!

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO by haywhybase(m): 5:12pm On Oct 26, 2020
DenreleDave:

Nah.. He is from Mozambique

Sabada ni e lu fun modakeke lo tiwa

Toriola is a Nigerian born in modakeke osun state..
His father is even a chief in modakeke akoraye...

Very happy for him, good man making it big

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO by VULCAN(m): 6:15pm On Oct 26, 2020
A rather confusing article.

He bought MTN shares worth almost N110m while a staff.

Does that mean he bought his appointment?

Can someone kindly explain?
Re: MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO by wowo2: 6:45pm On Oct 26, 2020
He has been around for a long time as far back as 2006 he was CTO of mtn or so. His father was a staff of OAU where he also attended university. His father is Yoruba but his mother white, I think European. TORIOLA..."Because of wealth" by the way his name is pronounced.

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO by wowo2: 6:49pm On Oct 26, 2020
quickly:
This guy was holding 1St class record in ife I’m elect elect.

Are you sure? I don't think so...

1 Like

Re: MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO by samwillyco1(m): 6:55pm On Oct 26, 2020
Congratulations on your appointment to the hot seat , May Good Lord Guide You and protect you In Jesus Name AMEN.

Please help me and make me your PA, am passing through a lot.
Please my people help me with a Job am begging everybody, thanks.
07065430863 is my phone number.
Re: MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO by amuwo1980: 8:46pm On Oct 26, 2020
What congratulations man. Am happy for you. Wao this life Karl don become mtn Ceo.
Re: MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO by RuggedSniper: 9:08pm On Oct 28, 2020
rodeo0070:
MTN Nigeria is pleased to inform The Nigerian Stock Exchange (The Exchange), the investing public and other stakeholders of the appointment of Mr. Karl Toriola as the CEO designate. His appointment is effective 1st March 2021, providing enough time for an orderly handover.

Mr. Toriola is currently the Vice President: West and Central Africa (WECA), excluding Nigeria and Ghana, a position he assumed in 2016. During that period, he has overseen the steady progress of the operating companies in the region, notably the turnaround of MTN Ivory Coast and MTN Cameroon.

Karl Toriola increased his stake in the telecoms provider via the purchase 920,000 ordinary shares, as disclosed on the Nigeria Stock Exchange platform.

A break down of the aggregate information showed Toriola acquired 920,000 ordinary shares at N118 per share on June 25, 2020, in Lagos, Nigeria.

Accordingly, the total purchase stood at 920,000 shares valued at N108,560,000.

Brief Profile

During his tenure, the WECA markets have made significant commercial and strategic strides. These include the improvement of market shares within the region and the development of mobile financial services.

Since joining the Group in 2006, Mr. Toriola has also held a number of senior operational roles including Chief Technical Officer of MTN Nigeria, CEO of MTN Cameroon and MTN Group Operations Executive. Mr. Toriola has at various times in his career in MTN Group, had oversight responsibility of 16 of the Group subsidiaries and serves on various MTN boards, including MTN Nigeria.

Mr. Toriola obtained a Bachelor of Science in Electronic and Electrical Engineering from the University of Ife, a Master of Science degree in Communication Systems from the University of Wales, and attended the General Management Program at Harvard Business School. In addition, he has attended several executive development courses at various institutions including Wharton Business School, Institute of Management Development and London Business School.

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2020/10/26/mtn-nigeria-appoints-karl-toriola-as-ceo/
WOW! Karl Toriola is now the MTNNG CEO. Brilliant!

1 Share

Re: MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO by RuggedSniper: 10:54pm On Oct 28, 2020
onyechez:

^^^Yorubaland extends from Nigeria to Togo. Yorubas have lived in Ghana for over 220 years due to long-distance trading from the Oyo Empire. The family name Adadevor is originally from the Volta region of Ghana (Ewe ethnicity is indigenous to Togo and Ghana) as well. Dr. Stella Adadevor's father was of mixed Yoruba and Ewe parentage but was a Nigerian citizen and a direct descendant via his mother of 2 great Yoruba-Nigerians: Herbert Macaulay and Bishop Samuel Ajayi Crowther (one of Ajayi Crowther's biological daughters gave birth to Herbert Macaulay).

1 Share

Re: MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO by delpee(f): 7:20pm On Nov 13, 2022
RuggedSniper:
^^^Yorubaland extends from Nigeria to Togo. Yorubas have lived in Ghana for over 220 years due to long-distance trading from the Oyo Empire. The family name Adadevor is originally from the Volta region of Ghana (Ewe ethnicity is indigenous to Togo and Ghana) as well. Dr. Stella Adadevor's father was of mixed Yoruba and Ewe parentage but was a Nigerian citizen and a direct descendant via his mother of 2 great Yoruba-Nigerians: Herbert Macaulay and Bishop Samuel Ajayi Crowther (one of Ajayi Crowther's biological daughters gave birth to Herbert Macaulay).

Interesting history. Yoruba nation existed long before the British came and Europeans decided to partition West Africa to suit their purpose. That's why some people from Togo and Benin still speak or understand Yoruba. There are Obas there who are still loyal to Yorubaland.
Re: MTN Nigeria Appoints Karl Toriola As CEO by delpee(f): 7:25pm On Nov 13, 2022

Adebayo isn't a nigerian but a togolese , adebayo is a common west African native name. Am not hating or being envy am just stating the fact, have met so many west Africans like togolese, from beniné Republic Guinea, Senegalese, some central African Republic answering names similar to Yoruba but they told me they're not Nigerians but those names are native to West Africans particularly French speakers in west Africa

Adebayors origin is Nigeria, precisely Oyo State according to a newspaper report a few years back. They visited his village in Oyo North.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Can One Do To Be Financially Independent In 2022 ? / Lady Mistakenly Pays N1m Into Couple's Account In Calabar (Photos) / 14 Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.