Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,925 members, 7,814,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

EndSARS Protests: Osinbajo Convenes Emergency NEC Meeting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS Protests: Osinbajo Convenes Emergency NEC Meeting (21044 Views)

PDP To Hold Emergency NEC Thursday Over Planned Defection Of Umahi / Pro-Giadom Forces Take Emergency NEC Meeting To Villa / NBA Summons An Emergency NEC Meeting Over Onoghen’s Suspension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

EndSARS Protests: Osinbajo Convenes Emergency NEC Meeting by TheRareGem1(f): 2:18pm On Oct 26, 2020
Vice president Yemi Osinbajo has summoned an emergency meeting of the National Economic Council (NEC) for Monday, October 26, 2020.

Constitutionally, the Vice president is the chair of the NEC, which has as members state governors.

Osinbajo promises justice for #EndSARS protest victims
#ENDSARS: How Nigerians reacted to Osinbajo’s statement
The meeting is to, among others, enable the Council to receive briefings from the state governors and security agencies on the state of the states and the nation.

The virtual emergency EC meeting, scheduled for 12noon, is convened amid looting of COVID-19 palliatives at warehouses as well as the vandalisation of public and private property across the country after the#EndSARS protests that had claimed lives.

https://dailytrust.com/osinbajo-convenes-emergency-nec-meeting

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS Protests: Osinbajo Convenes Emergency NEC Meeting by Joylove2324(f): 2:19pm On Oct 26, 2020
Osinbajo is just too good but some blind haters will never see all his effort. He is the one behind the judicial panel to ensure justice for the #EndSars victim. May God continue to elevate him.

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: EndSARS Protests: Osinbajo Convenes Emergency NEC Meeting by crestedaguiyi: 2:20pm On Oct 26, 2020
mtchew.

working for a bad company makes you a bad person

working for a clueless boss makes you a clueless person

working for a genocidist makes you a genocidist

i no accuse any body o

lie lie pastor i hail o.

wetin you dey wait to condemn the state governors that hid the masses palliative. That is not part of your job i guess. evidence of cluelessness

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EndSARS Protests: Osinbajo Convenes Emergency NEC Meeting by IKUBABAYEYE001: 2:23pm On Oct 26, 2020
Serious follow up meetings after inauguration of Judicial Panels of Inquiry by the 36 State Governments. This I must say is commendable

17 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protests: Osinbajo Convenes Emergency NEC Meeting by iokpebholo: 2:30pm On Oct 26, 2020
Osibanjo is even one of d ppl who aggravated the whole issue.Himself and that femi gbajabiamila

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS Protests: Osinbajo Convenes Emergency NEC Meeting by ILoveDemMANNA: 2:30pm On Oct 26, 2020
The meeting is to, among others, enable the Council to receive briefings from the state governors and security agencies on the state of the states and the nation
Bring it on VP.

One thing I have been wondering about for some days now is why do some youths destroyed a court,
for what reasons?
And why looting private businesses that belongs to ordinary masses like them.
Most of these businesses took loans from banks to set up their businesses.
Now, everything is gone
To me, that is just insane and foolish.

Government should provide more jobs for our youths out there, for those who are ready to work legally, hardfacts.
Cos there are some that fraud and crime is all they have on their brains,
they are never ready to do any legitimate job,
but just scamming and fraud,
those ones, government can not do anything to help their criminally minds. Hardtruths.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EndSARS Protests: Osinbajo Convenes Emergency NEC Meeting by ILoveDemMANNA: 2:30pm On Oct 26, 2020
iokpebholo:
Osibanjo is even one of d ppl who aggravated the whole issue.Himself and that femi gbajabiamila
keep shut if you have nothing reasonable to type.
Stop posting on social media for posting sake and on impulse.
If they ask you what osinbajo did wrong now.
You will be there scratching ya head.
I hate nonsense.

26 Likes 8 Shares

Re: EndSARS Protests: Osinbajo Convenes Emergency NEC Meeting by Hambivert: 2:30pm On Oct 26, 2020
sparogatively, these season na struggle season ALOOTER Continua!

If these looters go after hoarded palliatives or their corrupt politicians, I wouldn't see anything wrong with their actions(time for them to recoup what have been stolen from them), but private owned properties?

It's a NO! NO!!
Re: EndSARS Protests: Osinbajo Convenes Emergency NEC Meeting by BENARI: 2:30pm On Oct 26, 2020
Osibanjo convenes emergency meeting ke; was there a coup in Aso Rock? shocked

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protests: Osinbajo Convenes Emergency NEC Meeting by howfarseun(m): 2:30pm On Oct 26, 2020
Video meeting, audio resolve.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS Protests: Osinbajo Convenes Emergency NEC Meeting by Omofloflo: 2:31pm On Oct 26, 2020
Where are the #EndSars protesters? They put us in this mess. Aisha Yesefu, Falz, Mr Macaroni, Dj switch, psquare & Co should be arrested and prosecuted

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protests: Osinbajo Convenes Emergency NEC Meeting by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 26, 2020
emergency after how may days fake pastor abeg resign

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EndSARS Protests: Osinbajo Convenes Emergency NEC Meeting by ILoveDemMANNA: 2:31pm On Oct 26, 2020
Joylove2324:
Osinbajo is just too good but some blind haters will never see all his effort. He is the one behind the judicial panel to ensure justice for the #EndSars victim. May God continue to elevate him.
AMEN

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS Protests: Osinbajo Convenes Emergency NEC Meeting by NORSIYK(m): 2:32pm On Oct 26, 2020
I've noticed that no one is talking about the massacre that was carried out by Nigeria army at Nworie-ubi in Imo State

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protests: Osinbajo Convenes Emergency NEC Meeting by kambili999(f): 2:32pm On Oct 26, 2020
This man is too humane to be working amongst those other 'personalities' angry

6 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protests: Osinbajo Convenes Emergency NEC Meeting by donforeign: 2:32pm On Oct 26, 2020
Joylove2324:
OgA shut up abeg..

4 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protests: Osinbajo Convenes Emergency NEC Meeting by kellystone87: 2:32pm On Oct 26, 2020
Osibanjo can kiss my ass...
Re: EndSARS Protests: Osinbajo Convenes Emergency NEC Meeting by Coldie(m): 2:32pm On Oct 26, 2020
I warned all of u with the way the protest was going. U guys were busy sharing rice and chicken and beer and ice cream in lekki toll gate in the name of endsars protest now see.

Demands were met clear Una say no.

If I be Lagos govt from the moment those demands were met those celebrities who refused to back out from the toll gate and was busy shouting we move we must continue.

All of Una I go make sure say I frustrate Una for that Lagos.

7 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protests: Osinbajo Convenes Emergency NEC Meeting by abike12(f): 2:32pm On Oct 26, 2020
Osinbajo has been such a disappointment
Re: EndSARS Protests: Osinbajo Convenes Emergency NEC Meeting by obi2eze: 2:32pm On Oct 26, 2020
sad

Too many meetings but no result.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS Protests: Osinbajo Convenes Emergency NEC Meeting by solarview(m): 2:32pm On Oct 26, 2020
Not only Neck meeting, it should include Head and brain Meeting too cool cool cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS Protests: Osinbajo Convenes Emergency NEC Meeting by LadySarah: 2:32pm On Oct 26, 2020
But Ikpeazu is in a purported meeting with all senators, ministers and their liksz at Umuahia.

Osibanjo, why are you doing their dirty work for them. leave Nigerians to see Buharis incompetence.

Re: EndSARS Protests: Osinbajo Convenes Emergency NEC Meeting by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 26, 2020
Those that are blaming VP, I biliv they don't understand different btw C in C of Armed Forces and VP, and that they have not been following Buhari since 2015.

Buhari is a wicked tyrant who doesn't biliv in oneness Nigeria, but need resources from south to develop, Buhari is no 1 problems why Nigeria is shaking to foundation now, all the cabinet members knw, but believed its better if they play role of sycophants.

I don't surprise he is not in polygamy, as many other northern Muslims are, because he won't be able to leave in peace with the wives.

He lacks wherewithal to lead multiethnic & multi religion nation.

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protests: Osinbajo Convenes Emergency NEC Meeting by SmartyPants(m): 2:33pm On Oct 26, 2020
crestedaguiyi:
mtchew.

working for a bad company makes you a bad person

working for a clueless boss makes you a clueless person

working for a genocidist makes you a genocidist

i no accuse any body o

lie lie pastor i hail o.

wetin you dey wait to condemn the state governors that hid the masses palliative. That is not part of your job i guess. evidence of cluelessness

What kind of logic is this?

4 Likes

Re: EndSARS Protests: Osinbajo Convenes Emergency NEC Meeting by StagethemTVee: 2:33pm On Oct 26, 2020
To those expecting VP Osinbajo to resign.....you are on a Looonggggg thing. These ones don't have resignation in their vocabulary. My prayers is they should just make the country work for its people. And if it is bigger than you, step down honourably for someone who can get the job done.
TheRareGem1:

https://dailytrust.com/osinbajo-convenes-emergency-nec-meeting
Re: EndSARS Protests: Osinbajo Convenes Emergency NEC Meeting by Royalfurnitures: 2:33pm On Oct 26, 2020
How many emergency meetings would they hold over this issue before taking appropriate steps to address the demands of the protesters?

I see this as delay tactics cos I don't trust this govt , they might just be buying time to deceive us

Your home is incomplete without good quality furniture thats why we are here for you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soldiers Vibing To Kizz Daniel's Song / Osita Chidoka: "Fuel Station Depends On Solar Panels For Electricity Now" / Sanwo-Olu Performs Groundbreaking Ceremony Of ‘The Lagos Arena'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.