Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Why Do People Find It Difficult To Disclose Their Salary? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Do People Find It Difficult To Disclose Their Salary? (510 Views)

List Of Nigerian Judicial Officers And Their Salary By Rank In 2022 / How Do People Survive On 30k Per Month Salary In Nigeria / Why Is Engineering So Difficult To Practice In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Find It Difficult To Disclose Their Salary? by oluwaniyi66(m): 3:56pm On Oct 27, 2020
I have noticed a trend in many people be it in public or private organizations, that they mostly find it difficult to disclose their monthly salary.

Is there any reason behind it? Why are people secretive about their salary?
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Disclose Their Salary? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 27, 2020
Why would you want to know what people earn (in the first place?)
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Disclose Their Salary? by parkervero(m): 4:05pm On Oct 27, 2020
oluwaniyi66:
I have noticed a trend in many people be it in public or private organizations, that they mostly find it difficult to disclose their monthly salary.

Is there any reason behind it? Why are people secretive about their salary?
You think I would be proud to tell you that I earn 20k and you won't mock me for that meager payment?
Now you know the amount I earn. Oya, start mocking me now and let me be laughing.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Disclose Their Salary? by Sundrus: 4:07pm On Oct 27, 2020
Notorious BIG don advice u for him 10 crack commandment. "Never let no one know how much dough you hold cause you know, The cheddar breed jealousy specially If that man bleeped up, get yo' ass stuck up"

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Disclose Their Salary? by oluwaniyi66(m): 7:00pm On Oct 27, 2020
parkervero:

You think I would be proud to tell you that I earn 20k and you won't mock me for that meager payment?
Now you know the amount I earn. Oya, start mocking me now and let me be laughing.

Really? You can't be mocked. I have seen someone who earns 500k and above and still do not want to disclose
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Disclose Their Salary? by parkervero(m): 7:05pm On Oct 27, 2020
oluwaniyi66:

Really? You can't be mocked. I have seen someone who earns 500k and above and still do not want to disclose
What are you talking about? Is 20k and 500k d same?
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Disclose Their Salary? by oluwaniyi66(m): 6:23pm On Oct 29, 2020
parkervero:

You are funny
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Disclose Their Salary? by parkervero(m): 6:56pm On Oct 29, 2020
oluwaniyi66:

You are funny
Why na
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Disclose Their Salary? by oluwaniyi66(m): 7:04pm On Oct 31, 2020
oluwaniyi66:

You are correct
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Disclose Their Salary? by oluwaniyi66(m): 7:05pm On Oct 31, 2020
parkervero:

Why na

Just thinking
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Disclose Their Salary? by Mineisgrace(f): 8:12am On Nov 01, 2020
So that people will not be over demanding
Re: Why Do People Find It Difficult To Disclose Their Salary? by kolakolex: 11:27am On Nov 01, 2020
Mineisgrace:
So that people will not be over demanding

Oil dey ur head.

It to prevent people from heaping all their problems on ur salary ( those that earn high salary)

For those that earn low salary, they feel ashame of the cash the earn.

(1) (Reply)

Watch Information Systems Audit-related Videos / Pls Beware Of This Loan Scammers: Apexmoney / Massive Recruitment At Arrupe Jesuit College

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.