Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,474 members, 7,836,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

SARS Panel: Outrage As Lagos Issues Oath Of Secrecy To Youth Reps (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SARS Panel: Outrage As Lagos Issues Oath Of Secrecy To Youth Reps (photo) (517 Views)

EndSARS: Youth Reps Pull Out Of Lagos Judicial Panel After Cbn’s Account Freeze / Youths Elect Representatives On Lagos SARS Panel. See How To Follow Proceedings / Joy Nunieh: I Resisted Akpabio’s Oath Of Secrecy To Commit Fraud At NDDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SARS Panel: Outrage As Lagos Issues Oath Of Secrecy To Youth Reps (photo) by Abdulazeez99: 4:33pm On Oct 27, 2020
Some Nigerians on Twitter have expressed concerns over an allegation that the Lagos State Government made the youth representatives on the judicial panel for #EndSARS matters swear an oath of secrecy, Igbere TV reports.

The panel is expected to begin sitting on Tuesday after Rinu Oduala and Temitope Majekodunmi were sworn in.

A note alleged to be the oath of secrecy has been shared multiple times on social media.

Part of it reads: “I solemnly swear/affirm that I will not directly or indirectly communicate or reveal any matter to any person which shall be brought under my consideration or shall come to my knowledge in the discharge of my official duties, except as may be required for the discharge of my official duties or as may be officially permitted by the governor. So help me God/Allah.”

Some Nigerians say the alleged oath of secrecy makes them doubt the government’s sincerity in handling concerns about police brutality.

https://igberetvnews.com/1369549/sars-panel-outrage-lagos-issues-oath-secrecy-youth-reps/

Lalasticlala

Re: SARS Panel: Outrage As Lagos Issues Oath Of Secrecy To Youth Reps (photo) by Abdulazeez99: 4:35pm On Oct 27, 2020
More

Re: SARS Panel: Outrage As Lagos Issues Oath Of Secrecy To Youth Reps (photo) by Dayvidblue: 4:39pm On Oct 27, 2020
Re: SARS Panel: Outrage As Lagos Issues Oath Of Secrecy To Youth Reps (photo) by tommy589(m): 4:40pm On Oct 27, 2020
Na wa o

This is just a judicial panel that can only make recommendations Nuremberg trials wey bad pass this no get oath of secrecy
Re: SARS Panel: Outrage As Lagos Issues Oath Of Secrecy To Youth Reps (photo) by frainc(m): 4:42pm On Oct 27, 2020
What is the government hiding?
Re: SARS Panel: Outrage As Lagos Issues Oath Of Secrecy To Youth Reps (photo) by MickzyDonald: 4:45pm On Oct 27, 2020
They are burying another open secret again,i pray they dont influence the new guys

Re: SARS Panel: Outrage As Lagos Issues Oath Of Secrecy To Youth Reps (photo) by capitalzero: 4:50pm On Oct 27, 2020
If outcome of panel is known to the public , there would be outrage . Victims will be compensated, but justice,NO
Re: SARS Panel: Outrage As Lagos Issues Oath Of Secrecy To Youth Reps (photo) by Flexherbal(m): 5:05pm On Oct 27, 2020
These leaders are yet to realise that things have changed.
Re: SARS Panel: Outrage As Lagos Issues Oath Of Secrecy To Youth Reps (photo) by Unpatriotic2: 5:06pm On Oct 27, 2020
They shouldn't sign that shit
Re: SARS Panel: Outrage As Lagos Issues Oath Of Secrecy To Youth Reps (photo) by limeta(f): 5:19pm On Oct 27, 2020
What is all this
Re: SARS Panel: Outrage As Lagos Issues Oath Of Secrecy To Youth Reps (photo) by sapientia(m): 5:26pm On Oct 27, 2020
Old news.

The youth reps refused to sign.

They sat today.

I watched it live on twitter.

Arise TV also showed it live.

There is even a thread about it by naptu2 here.

https://www.nairaland.com/6209424/lagos-judicial-panel-sars-sitting

(1) (Reply)

What Did Fashola Do With The 300,000 Metres He Found On A Warehouse? / FG Frustrated Negotiations With #endsars Protesters, Says Aisha Yesufu / What's The Difference Between Buhari And Osibanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.