Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Agwu Abunike Narrate How SARS Detained Him For 48 Days To Lagos Panel Of Inquiry - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Agwu Abunike Narrate How SARS Detained Him For 48 Days To Lagos Panel Of Inquiry (22135 Views)

SARS Detained Me For Not Having Messages On My Phone / Lagos Corper, Eniola: How SARS Harassed And Extorted Me / Evans Reveals How SARS Tortured Him And Killed Detainees In His Presence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agwu Abunike Narrate How SARS Detained Him For 48 Days To Lagos Panel Of Inquiry by Shehuyinka: 5:30pm On Oct 27, 2020
OKOLI Agwu Abunike, a resident of Okokomaiko and father of five has narrated to the Judicial Panel of Inquiry and Restitution for victims of SARS-related abuses in Lagos State that he was detained for 48 days by two officers of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).

Babajide Sanwo-Olu, the Lagos State governor had on October 19 inaugurated an 8-man Judicial Panel of Inquiry and Restitution to receive and investigate complaints of police brutality in Lagos.

While having the first sitting on Tuesday, four cases of police brutality were mentioned before the panel led by retired Justice Doris Okuwobi but only that of Abunike was heard by the panel.

Abunike in the first hearing with petition number LASG/JPI/01/2020 said Inspector Sunday and ASP Haruna allegedly arrested him, detained and tortured him on the orders of his boss who had accused him of fraud.

He further said the SARS did not only detained him for 48 days but also sold his properties, thereby making him impoverished and dehumanized, adding that he now runs all kinds of errands in order to feed his family.

“I worked for a company for four and a half years as a manager. After my resignation, my boss invited me for the authentication of my resignation. When I got there, my boss had me arrested by police officers from Ojo police station.

“I was later taken to Ikeja police command where I was manhandled and brutalized by Inspector Sunday popularly known as Baba Ijapa and ASP Haruna. I was labeled a fraudster and was beaten, severely injured, dehumanized and dragged all around Alaba International Market. I was also taken to my church and disgraced before the congregation for an offence I knew nothing about,” says Abunike.

The father of five said the SARS who were acting on the instruction of his boss detained him, seized his house, sold his car and even refused to yield to the court ruling that asked them to pay him N10 million.

“I was detained for 48 days and a bucket filled with cement was strapped at my back. I had bruise all over my body and two of my teeth were removed. The officers beat my wife and mother and they threatened to kill me if I did not confess to embezzling my company’s fund.

“They took all my property. They seized my house and sold my car to make up for the money they said I had embezzled. My boss also threatened to kill me if I did not pay back all the money I stole. The case was taken before Hon Justice Ibrahim Buba of the Federal High Court and he awarded a damage of N10m against the police. But between 2016 and 2020, I have not seen anything. They have not complied with the judgment.

“They sold my land and car. In fact, the person the land was sold to dragged me before a Magistrate Court in Badagry and the Magistrate remanded me in Kpotopiri prison for three days for my inability to meet up with N50,000 fine.

Abunike, however, appealed to the Lagos panel to compel the SARS to honour the court judgment and return all his properties to him.

“ I want to appeal to this honourable panel to compel the police to honour the judgment of the court and return all my property or pay the damage because I have lost everything that I now live in running errands for people to feed my family.”

https://www.icirnigeria.org/sars-detained-me-for-48-days-victim-narrates-ordeal-to-lagos-panel-of-inquiry/

9 Likes

Re: Agwu Abunike Narrate How SARS Detained Him For 48 Days To Lagos Panel Of Inquiry by DonBenny77(m): 5:44pm On Oct 27, 2020
Hmmmn
It is finished....

15 Likes

Re: Agwu Abunike Narrate How SARS Detained Him For 48 Days To Lagos Panel Of Inquiry by sholazy(m): 5:48pm On Oct 27, 2020
They should be made accountable...through a fair and just process....God bless Nigeria

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Agwu Abunike Narrate How SARS Detained Him For 48 Days To Lagos Panel Of Inquiry by Oduduwaboy1(m): 6:20pm On Oct 27, 2020
Shehuyinka:
OKOLI Agwu Abunike, a resident of Okokomaiko and father of five has narrated to the Judicial Panel of Inquiry and Restitution for victims of SARS-related abuses in Lagos State that he was detained for 48 days by two officers of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS).

Babajide Sanwo-Olu, the Lagos State governor had on October 19 inaugurated an 8-man Judicial Panel of Inquiry and Restitution to receive and investigate complaints of police brutality in Lagos.

While having the first sitting on Tuesday, four cases of police brutality were mentioned before the panel led by retired Justice Doris Okuwobi but only that of Abunike was heard by the panel.

Abunike in the first hearing with petition number LASG/JPI/01/2020 said Inspector Sunday and ASP Haruna allegedly arrested him, detained and tortured him on the orders of his boss who had accused him of fraud.

He further said the SARS did not only detained him for 48 days but also sold his properties, thereby making him impoverished and dehumanized, adding that he now runs all kinds of errands in order to feed his family.

“I worked for a company for four and a half years as a manager. After my resignation, my boss invited me for the authentication of my resignation. When I got there, my boss had me arrested by police officers from Ojo police station.

“I was later taken to Ikeja police command where I was manhandled and brutalized by Inspector Sunday popularly known as Baba Ijapa and ASP Haruna. I was labeled a fraudster and was beaten, severely injured, dehumanized and dragged all around Alaba International Market. I was also taken to my church and disgraced before the congregation for an offence I knew nothing about,” says Abunike.

The father of five said the SARS who were acting on the instruction of his boss detained him, seized his house, sold his car and even refused to yield to the court ruling that asked them to pay him N10 million.

“I was detained for 48 days and a bucket filled with cement was strapped at my back. I had bruise all over my body and two of my teeth were removed. The officers beat my wife and mother and they threatened to kill me if I did not confess to embezzling my company’s fund.

“They took all my property. They seized my house and sold my car to make up for the money they said I had embezzled. My boss also threatened to kill me if I did not pay back all the money I stole. The case was taken before Hon Justice Ibrahim Buba of the Federal High Court and he awarded a damage of N10m against the police. But between 2016 and 2020, I have not seen anything. They have not complied with the judgment.

“They sold my land and car. In fact, the person the land was sold to dragged me before a Magistrate Court in Badagry and the Magistrate remanded me in Kpotopiri prison for three days for my inability to meet up with N50,000 fine.

Abunike, however, appealed to the Lagos panel to compel the SARS to honour the court judgment and return all his properties to him.

“ I want to appeal to this honourable panel to compel the police to honour the judgment of the court and return all my property or pay the damage because I have lost everything that I now live in running errands for people to feed my family.”

READ MORE: https://www.icirnigeria.org/sars-detained-me-for-48-days-victim-narrates-ordeal-to-lagos-panel-of-inquiry/

Damnnn nigarrrr
Isoright

So no good thing comes out from sars
Duo I have never had encounter with them,
I think I have to give testimony on Sunday in church[color=#000099][/color]

10 Likes

Re: Agwu Abunike Narrate How SARS Detained Him For 48 Days To Lagos Panel Of Inquiry by oluwaseunamos33(m): 6:21pm On Oct 27, 2020
Hmm. Everybody SARS do this SARS do that, even person wey village pple flogged overnight go end us calling SARS, wife wey her husband beat go call SARS , husband wey his wife beat go call SARS. Can anything good come out of SARS?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Agwu Abunike Narrate How SARS Detained Him For 48 Days To Lagos Panel Of Inquiry by Johnmax95(m): 6:22pm On Oct 27, 2020
More than a month, can you imagine, such an unauthorized act.

I will design a business website for 10k only.
This covers; hosting, domain name & emails.
Call/WhatsApp: 0802860,9484.

1 Like

Re: Agwu Abunike Narrate How SARS Detained Him For 48 Days To Lagos Panel Of Inquiry by TinubuGoQuench(f): 6:22pm On Oct 27, 2020
grin
Re: Agwu Abunike Narrate How SARS Detained Him For 48 Days To Lagos Panel Of Inquiry by DenreleDave(m): 6:22pm On Oct 27, 2020
Sorry bros..

Justice must prevail in this nation in Jesus name..

14 Likes

Re: Agwu Abunike Narrate How SARS Detained Him For 48 Days To Lagos Panel Of Inquiry by MrGoood: 6:22pm On Oct 27, 2020
Until the Police change the requirements of the Police, Nothing Good will come out of them. Imagine a senior police officer will pick a boy from his street to follow them on illegal duties and believe me that’s how he will become original police and he will be getting authentic signals, Only God know how they make that happen.

16 Likes

Re: Agwu Abunike Narrate How SARS Detained Him For 48 Days To Lagos Panel Of Inquiry by kambili999(f): 6:22pm On Oct 27, 2020
Chai
Re: Agwu Abunike Narrate How SARS Detained Him For 48 Days To Lagos Panel Of Inquiry by Nobody: 6:23pm On Oct 27, 2020
Really Bad

2 Likes

Re: Agwu Abunike Narrate How SARS Detained Him For 48 Days To Lagos Panel Of Inquiry by Riele(f): 6:24pm On Oct 27, 2020
Will he be given justice?

Abi they are just hearing his story to pass time?

Men are the problemn of Nigeria, imagine a SARs officier doing this to his fellow man.

Useless species of human

6 Likes

Re: Agwu Abunike Narrate How SARS Detained Him For 48 Days To Lagos Panel Of Inquiry by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 27, 2020
Monsters they were.

3 Likes

Re: Agwu Abunike Narrate How SARS Detained Him For 48 Days To Lagos Panel Of Inquiry by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 27, 2020
Police reform inevitable

1 Like

Re: Agwu Abunike Narrate How SARS Detained Him For 48 Days To Lagos Panel Of Inquiry by JBL316: 6:25pm On Oct 27, 2020
SARS horror movies don begin unfold!

1 Like

Re: Agwu Abunike Narrate How SARS Detained Him For 48 Days To Lagos Panel Of Inquiry by slawormiir: 6:26pm On Oct 27, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr

Those sars were something else

If not for this endsars protest

We for hear world for sars hand

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Agwu Abunike Narrate How SARS Detained Him For 48 Days To Lagos Panel Of Inquiry by freshkpomo(m): 6:26pm On Oct 27, 2020
Verdict: Police force requirement should be changed according to my bro up there...

YOU CAN TAKE THE LION OUT OF THE JUNGLE but can never take the jungle out of the lion.

#NYM

A united youth is an unstoppable force

3 Likes

Re: Agwu Abunike Narrate How SARS Detained Him For 48 Days To Lagos Panel Of Inquiry by Sonfethopia: 6:26pm On Oct 27, 2020
Nawa
Re: Agwu Abunike Narrate How SARS Detained Him For 48 Days To Lagos Panel Of Inquiry by Hambivert: 6:26pm On Oct 27, 2020
sparogatively, SARS were Police men and Judges in one!

Willie Obiano, when will James Nwafor matter reach panel

We are still waiting!

14 Likes

Re: Agwu Abunike Narrate How SARS Detained Him For 48 Days To Lagos Panel Of Inquiry by bestman09(m): 6:27pm On Oct 27, 2020

Very sad experience
Re: Agwu Abunike Narrate How SARS Detained Him For 48 Days To Lagos Panel Of Inquiry by Flexherbal(m): 6:27pm On Oct 27, 2020
How can you enforce the law you do not obey.

4 Likes

Re: Agwu Abunike Narrate How SARS Detained Him For 48 Days To Lagos Panel Of Inquiry by nairavsdollars(f): 6:27pm On Oct 27, 2020
Evil people. I hope they are jailed also

5 Likes

Re: Agwu Abunike Narrate How SARS Detained Him For 48 Days To Lagos Panel Of Inquiry by sagitariusbaby(m): 6:27pm On Oct 27, 2020
Evil people everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Agwu Abunike Narrate How SARS Detained Him For 48 Days To Lagos Panel Of Inquiry by Seandisputed(m): 6:27pm On Oct 27, 2020
Na wa o.
Wahala be like Fashola camera, e no dey hard to find.

This man spent over a month in the hands of these power drunk people.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Agwu Abunike Narrate How SARS Detained Him For 48 Days To Lagos Panel Of Inquiry by tundchip2: 6:27pm On Oct 27, 2020
OwenJesse27:

Breaking A Philadelphia police officer shot a black American ten times in front of his mom... cry
WTF did i just watch

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Nabbed For Defiling Mentally Challenged Girl / EndSARS: Hakeem Odumosu Meet Protesters, Promise To Follow IGP's Directives / I Joined Robbery Gang To Raise Money For My Girlfriend’s Birthday – Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.