Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,468 members, 7,954,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:27 AM

Endsars : Gov. Umahi Approves 2.6bn Naira For Youth In Ebonyi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Endsars : Gov. Umahi Approves 2.6bn Naira For Youth In Ebonyi (516 Views)

Taraba Governor Approves ₦2 Billion For Luxury Cars For Himself, Deputy & Wives / Cost Of Anambra Airport Is 6bn Naira/$16m Not $2.2bn - Somtoo Okoye / FEC Approves ₦2.9 Billion For Printing Of Question Papers, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Endsars : Gov. Umahi Approves 2.6bn Naira For Youth In Ebonyi by Wisdomkosi(m): 5:43pm On Oct 27, 2020
EndSARS : Gov. Umahi Approves 2.6bn Naira For Youth In Ebonyi

By Wisdom Nwedene, Abakaliki

Ebonyi State Governor, David Nweze Umahi, on Tuesday, approved the sum of 2.6bn SME fund for organized youths cooperative in all the Local Government Areas of the state.

9News Nigeria reports that Umahi stated this during a a statewide broadcast in the State over attacks by suspected hoodlums that have hijacked the EndSARS Protests rocking the country.

Speaking during the Statewide broadcast, Umahi noted his administration has done a lot of empowerment programmes and pleaded with the youth in the state to utilise this opportunity.

According to him, "I have today set aside the sum of 2.6bn SME fund for organized youths cooperative in all the Local Government Areas of Ebonyi State. Let us dialogue on how you could benefit from it. This is aside from the over 100 Executive Council members, over 1100 TAs and over 2000 Ebonyians who occupy political positions in the state of which 90 percent of those who occupy this political position are youth and over 30 percent of them are also women. "

" We have done a lot in our empowerment program including the One Man, One Hectare of Land which over 2000 youths are participating."

" I again plead with our young ones, please, no more attacks, no more destruction of our common asset, no more killing us, killing you or even security agencies."

" Together we are strong and together, this moment will pass over us to the glory of God."

Source : https://9newsng.com/endsars-gov-umahi-approves-2-6bn-naira-for-youth-in-ebonyi/

Re: Endsars : Gov. Umahi Approves 2.6bn Naira For Youth In Ebonyi by Greatomotoy: 5:44pm On Oct 27, 2020
Way to go

These recent happenings have alerted the ruling class. A bold statement has been made by the youth that they are tired of bad leadership. From Uzodinma to Umahi, expect more from the Government to the Youth

#We_move

1 Like

Re: Endsars : Gov. Umahi Approves 2.6bn Naira For Youth In Ebonyi by Flexherbal(m): 5:48pm On Oct 27, 2020
Good .
Provided the funds are well utilised.

1 Like

Re: Endsars : Gov. Umahi Approves 2.6bn Naira For Youth In Ebonyi by obyrich(m): 5:53pm On Oct 27, 2020
I hope this will not be given to politicians only.
Re: Endsars : Gov. Umahi Approves 2.6bn Naira For Youth In Ebonyi by Fahdiga(m): 6:12pm On Oct 27, 2020
To be looted by the same Umahi
Re: Endsars : Gov. Umahi Approves 2.6bn Naira For Youth In Ebonyi by TossTos: 6:23pm On Oct 27, 2020
We are closely monitoring it
Re: Endsars : Gov. Umahi Approves 2.6bn Naira For Youth In Ebonyi by hisgrace090: 6:27pm On Oct 27, 2020
obyrich:
I hope this will not be given to politicians only.

Yes!
If this amount is to be really shared to ebonyi state youth poverty will almost be a thing of the past

this will amount to 2600 ebonyi youth with 1million naira each in their bank account to invest on what they feel like for survival.

aside from this extreem greedy people leading us as a nation, we are very close to freedom.
Re: Endsars : Gov. Umahi Approves 2.6bn Naira For Youth In Ebonyi by obyrich(m): 6:36pm On Oct 27, 2020
hisgrace090:

Yes!
If this amount is to be really shared to ebonyi state youth poverty will almost be a thing of the past

this will amount to 2600 ebonyi youth with 1million naira each in their bank account to invest on what they feel like for survival.

aside from this extreem greedy people leading us as a nation, we are very close to freedom.
Imagine where the amount is increased to 26billion naira.

Ebonyi is known for rice cultivation. A situation where 26000 youths are empowered with 1million each to go into rice production will have serious multiplier effect in the economy of the state.
Re: Endsars : Gov. Umahi Approves 2.6bn Naira For Youth In Ebonyi by Lipscomb(m): 6:40pm On Oct 27, 2020
God bless you mr Governor. I hope they disburse the money to the people that need it most undecided
Re: Endsars : Gov. Umahi Approves 2.6bn Naira For Youth In Ebonyi by OfficialAwol(m): 6:45pm On Oct 27, 2020
Good gesture.

But which one is "youth cooperative"?

Before I will go to apply now they will start asking if Igbojima or Unwuera.

Or do I belong to Speaker's bloc or Onyekachi Nwebonyi's bloc.

I don't trust this thing to be apolitical.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Okonjo-iweala Elected Wto Dg / IPOB Dilemma: US vetos NOI Appointment / Buhari, Give Us Our Corpse For Burial – Family Of Lekki Shooting Victim Begs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.