Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,480 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:02 PM

#WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala (23355 Views)

WTO: US Leaders Write Biden To Back Okonjo-Iweala / WTO DG: Why Okonjo-Iweala May Not Win - Kayode Ogundamisi / WTO DG: Okonjo-Iweala, Myung-Hee React To WTO's Formal Announcement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by dazzlingd(m): 6:34pm On Oct 27, 2020
One good news finally
Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by NairaHercules(m): 6:37pm On Oct 27, 2020
OwenJesse27:

Tribal bigot is the same buhari that is helping her ever since ...nonsense

k
Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by firstjoe(m): 6:41pm On Oct 27, 2020
jerseyboy:
USA is all that matters
USA is no more the super power country, if she can get China then US can go to hell
Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by SmartPolician: 6:47pm On Oct 27, 2020
Fahdiga:
Done and dusted for NOI. Kemi Adeosun might still win though

Ewu

That's not necessary
Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 27, 2020
she is American, she became a citizen this year https://www.thecable.ng/wto-top-job-okonjo-iweala-takes-american-citizenship
CoderX:
If not for her nationality and the racism in world politics, there are only a very few people who can match Okonjo Iweala's level of experience and academic background. The Korean woman doesn't even stand a chance. Okonjo would have been Word BanK president today if she was American, facts!
Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 27, 2020
ilofy:
she is American, she became a citizen this year https://www.thecable.ng/wto-top-job-okonjo-iweala-takes-american-citizenship

Thanks for the info.
Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by darfay: 6:54pm On Oct 27, 2020
How does the us backing of the Korean lady affects her chances? Someone should explain o
Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by Kennyswagz1(m): 6:56pm On Oct 27, 2020
how many times una go post this thing for front page?
Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by moneyissweet(m): 6:56pm On Oct 27, 2020
Only your comment make me laugh since today

Baawaa:

She has won then,106 out of 164,I believe they will not do like PDP,putting on Atiku's shirt and putting on kwakwansor cap.
Okonjo Iweala,we wish you all the best

Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by moneyissweet(m): 6:59pm On Oct 27, 2020
Nigeria amaka

1 Like

Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by Guide777(m): 7:03pm On Oct 27, 2020
106 out of 164 countries endorsed NOIs competency. This is a woman, that if she aspire for Nigeria presidency, may never be considered because of where she comes from.
Nigeria amaka.

1 Like

Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by NigeriaB(m): 7:04pm On Oct 27, 2020
saaphiere:
Can a woman be Nigeria's place for once? Men have failed us.

My choice of Nigeria's President now:

Ngozi okonjo Iweala

Akinwumi Adesina
Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by linearity: 7:22pm On Oct 27, 2020
jerseyboy:
USA is all that matters

Not True, No country have a veto vote on WTO, if a consensus around a single candidate is not arrived at, it will then go for a vote and US have only one vote to cast, she is currently 106 vote out of 164 or so ahead.

US use to have influence and rally the EU and other countries around their pick, but under Trump they have shot themselves in the foot by going it alone and backing out of many international agreements, they essentially have very few aliens left.

I also believe the Chinese lady might out of divinity and self respect as an international diplomat step down; if about 65% of the member countries you want to lead have made public their preference for your opponent to lead them, there no need forcing yourself on them.
Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by jaxxy(m): 7:23pm On Oct 27, 2020
Deserving...
Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by eeetuk(m): 7:27pm On Oct 27, 2020
Say no to Ngozi Iweala as WTO Chairperson
By eeetuk

I write to urge President Buhari to stop pressuring WTO influential members to vote to elect Ngozi Iweala as its Chairperson.

The history of Mrs. Iweala career in Nigerian government and the ways she handled various tasks is appalling. She was finance minister for former president of Nigeria Mr. Obasanjo from 2003 to 2006 and president Goodluck Jonathan from 2011 to 2015. In each of those instances, she failed woefully for many reasons.

First, Nigeria crumbling infrastructures proved it. As a finance minister, she could not push OBJ into believing that building roads and highways in Nigeria is important economic policy. Building roads and highways helps to lift up the lives of people from poor economic ladder. Roads and highways increase tourism and trade volumes to countries. All those translate into good paying jobs for locals and revenue for states in the form of taxes.

Mrs. Iweala failure to advise Obasanjo to invest in roads and highways in Nigeria is totally responsible for skyrocketed unemployment among all age groups in Nigeria.

How many low income and affordable houses does the federal government of Nigeria own in Nigeria? The answer is none.

Investment in infrastructure programs such as renovating abandon housing units and building new ones, repairing roads, bridges are at the heart of good finance minister’s job. These kinds of infrastructures engagement create jobs for locals and stabilize families.

Did Ngozi Iweala recommend this to Nigerian government while serving as a finance minister? Again, the answer is no.

Today, Nigeria is experiencing record of nationwide vandalism in Nigeria by young people who cannot find work. This is a result of bad economic policies Ngozi Iweala brought to Nigeria while in office.

Second, selecting Mrs. Iweala as WTO chairperson will destroy Nigeria hope to become exporting country. As a finance minister under OBJ and Goodluck Jonathan, she awarded most import licenses to people in Southeast geopolitical zone---and that destroyed jobs creation and drove wage down in the Southeast.

The influx of imported goods into Nigeria and Southeast geopolitical destroyed local ideas and created unemployment never seen before.

If you ever wonder why people in Southeast geopolitical have deserted their states in favor of places like Lagos and Abuja, it is the wrong finance policy Mrs. Ngozi Iweala brought to Nigeria. It makes Southeast people to abandon local ideas in favor of foreign imports. That kills jobs creations in southeast and forces ibos to seek alternative in other locations to earn a living.

Nigeria does not need a person who will encourage Nigerians to import goods from abroad because it destroys local ideas, drives wage down, hurts jobs creation.

Third, when Ngozi Iweala was a finance minister in Nigeria, Nigeria witnessed the highest increase of Ghost workers business in all government payrolls---resulting in the loss of billions of dollars by the government, yearly. And under Mrs. Iweala, looting of government money was widespread across all government sectors.

Is this who President Buhari want the world to trust in advancing trade policy?

Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by Seebrian(m): 7:31pm On Oct 27, 2020
Brethren, it is time for celebration.
Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by famouscargo4u: 7:47pm On Oct 27, 2020
jerseyboy:
USA is all that matters

The USA has decided not to support her inspite of her picking American Citizenship and as it stands, it appeara the member would be forced to go into voting first time since it's creation because I do not see NOI getting a 2/3rd which is the requirement for consensus
Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by JIMMY1393: 7:51pm On Oct 27, 2020
Baawaa:

She has won then,106 out of 164,I believe they will not do like PDP,putting on Atiku's shirt and putting on kwakwansor cap.
Okonjo Iweala,we wish you all the best

But is it a voting thing? Is the candidate chosen by votes? I don't think so
..cos if it was then they would already be saying she has won and not backing her up...
Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by skukimania(f): 7:57pm On Oct 27, 2020
Okonjo Iweala ti gba'fe oh!
Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by Baawaa(m): 8:07pm On Oct 27, 2020
JIMMY1393:

But is it a voting thing? Is the candidate chosen by votes? I don't think so
..cos if it was then they would already be saying she has won and not backing her up...
Representatives of each nation will vote
Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by Heybeedee(m): 8:07pm On Oct 27, 2020
grin
DenreleDave:
Good luck Madam Ngozi..

We the southwest, North west, North East, North Central and South South region of Nigeria wish u da very position.. God bless you

To hell with South Korea candidate.

We love you Maa.. Make Nigeria proud.

Cc: imhotep grin
south east nko embarassed
DenreleDave:
Good luck Madam Ngozi..

We the southwest, North west, North East, North Central and South South region of Nigeria wish u da very position.. God bless you

south east nko
Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by sapientia(m): 8:34pm On Oct 27, 2020
fergie001:

Unofficial statements say they are backing Yoo. We hope that isn't the case. It will send a real bad message.

If China is supporting her.

I doubt USA will
Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by fergie001: 8:37pm On Oct 27, 2020
sapientia:

If China is supporting her.

I doubt USA will
China had been tight-lipped.
Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 27, 2020
Before her tenure expiry,The old and young recycled politheftian may have been already chased away from smelling ABUJA talkless of villa. There have been first united regions of NIGERIA waiting her to save the history of being first democractically elected woman. Amen.
Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by Daguccizgreat(m): 9:13pm On Oct 27, 2020
DenreleDave:
Good luck Madam Ngozi..

Why you no include south east ?
Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by paul61777: 9:14pm On Oct 27, 2020
:If China is supporting her. I doubt USA willChina had been tight-lipped.
Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by tundess: 9:50pm On Oct 27, 2020
Next the same 100+ countries will foist NOI on Nigerians as "female, competent, and "presto" a marginalised "SEasterner". Who better ticks all the boxes to lead Nigeria ? Similar psyop they did for Shirleaf-Johnson on Liberia who left a legacy of economic servitude and ruin in her wake.

I am informed of one example of NOI's capacity for self publicity and aggrandisement. She claimed her mother was kidnapped by "oil marketers" bc she wanted to stop subsidy. The Western press hailed her "courage" in confronting the continuation of the endemic corruption in the oil sector in her country. The truth was rather more prosaic ; her economic policies as Finance Minister contributed to making kidnapping more lucrative, esp in the SE.

I can personally attest to her annoyance that the media interest generated by the WEF 2014 she had organised in Abuja was hijacked by the Chibok Affair. And her annoyance was not out of pity for the girls.

Let her get to the position on her capacity alone; She only remembers Nigeria when it benefits her career personally and inflates her CV.
I'm personally ambivalent to her success. Nigeria is not in any position to take advantage of her elevation in any case. The WTO has been trashed by the Trump admin in line with it's continued assault on multilateral institutions generally. The WHO, UNICEF, WTO, UN, EU, NATO, ICC, etc. I'm doubtful NOI can reverse the trend. She looks nothing like Nicky Haley or Hope Hicks.

I'd imagine that deep strategic reasons will favour the SK candidate in so far as Moon will try to reel in the NK despot so Trump and Co and achieve a Nobel. Who knows in this topsy-turvy 2020.
Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by SolarEdge: 10:26pm On Oct 27, 2020
Nice one

Have you seen this SOLAR FLOOD LIGHT WITH INBUILT CCTV CAMERA?
see demo below and send a DM via the link on my signature.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOeiIXPCEOc
Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by valinno(m): 10:32pm On Oct 27, 2020
Igbo amaka
Congratulations
Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by superlightning: 10:32pm On Oct 27, 2020
tundess:
Next the same 100+ countries will foist NOI on Nigerians as "female, competent, and "presto" a marginalised "SEasterner". Who better ticks all the boxes to lead Nigeria ? Similar psyop they did for Shirleaf-Johnson on Liberia who left a legacy of economic servitude and ruin in her wake.

I am informed of one example of NOI's capacity for self publicity and aggrandisement. She claimed her mother was kidnapped by "oil marketers" bc she wanted to stop subsidy. The Western press hailed her "courage" in confronting the continuation of the endemic corruption in the oil sector in her country. The truth was rather more prosaic ; her economic policies as Finance Minister contributed to making kidnapping more lucrative, esp in the SE.

I can personally attest to her annoyance that the media interest generated by the WEF 2014 she had organised in Abuja was hijacked by the Chibok Affair. And her annoyance was not out of pity for the girls.

Let her get to the position on her capacity alone; She only remembers Nigeria when it benefits her career personally and inflates her CV.
I'm personally ambivalent to her success. Nigeria is not in any position to take advantage of her elevation in any case. The WTO has been trashed by the Trump admin in line with it's continued assault on multilateral institutions generally. The WHO, UNICEF, WTO, UN, EU, NATO, ICC, etc. I'm doubtful NOI can reverse the trend. She looks nothing like Nicky Haley or Hope Hicks.

I'd imagine that deep strategic reasons will favour the SK candidate in so far as Moon will try to reel in the NK despot so Trump and Co and achieve a Nobel. Who knows in this topsy-turvy 2020.

please just don't die of jealousy yet...hehehe
Re: #WTO-DG: France, Germany, 104 Other Countries Back Okonjo-Iweala by tundess: 11:02pm On Oct 27, 2020
superlightning:

please just don't die of jealousy yet...hehehe
grin grin
Bros, de woman use her mouth tell me say she dey swim for 1 hour every morning before work. I look am well.
I was not convinced cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What To Expect As Fani Kayode Joins Festus Keyamo In APC Presidential Council / How Will This 8K Favour Me And My Family / Oshiomhole In Action At APC Rally In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.