Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,131 members, 7,821,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. (72268 Views)

See The 100 Naira Onions I Bought Today In Birnin Kebbi / The 200 Naira Suya Meat I Bought today In Birnin Kebbi (photos) / See The N200 Onions I Bought This Evening In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by DoctorAbk: 9:33am On Oct 28, 2020
Keep on aboki in river there won't be onions for you to buy again no to talk of how expensive it will be Mad people everywhereattacking

1 Like

Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by suremanpatriot: 9:34am On Oct 28, 2020
Benblaq:
I don't know if it's everywhere, or just this River State that the price of groceries is this high. How's it in your place?
go plant it yasef now.
You una wahala no allow mallam truck onions to ya side.
Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by Chinny024(f): 9:35am On Oct 28, 2020
Bought this one #200 now in my street...
It's becoming something else!!!

Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by chatinent: 9:36am On Oct 28, 2020
I'm just trying to imagine you cooking it and sb says I don't eat onions.
Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by iLegendd(m): 9:38am On Oct 28, 2020
Benblaq:
I don't know if it's everywhere, or just this River State that the price of groceries is this high. How's it in your place?

Wow! You're lucky. In my part of Rivers state (private), if you see that for 500, you'll rush it. The influence of oil companies and oil workers here have made everything expensive.

Anyway, we're not complaining. It's an opportunity for smart businessmen and women to travel to the North to get goods and come sell over here to make 1000% profit. Every damn thing is expensive here — including air to breathe. To me, it's an advantage.

4 Likes

Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by bamasite2: 9:40am On Oct 28, 2020
We have no choice. One of that is #200 and some are even smaller.

I normally buy one custard rubber, but it was no where to be found.

I stayed for 3 days without onions then I had to stop at Igwurutali market on my way to work yesterday and buy!

Hambivert:
Haba! shocked

OP, abeg if this is true you were sparogatively cheated on beyond measure!

WahrisDis

I rather not cook with Onions than to buy that for #500. This isn't about poverty or being broke.
Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by oluspicy: 9:41am On Oct 28, 2020
See the one I bought for N100, here in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by Nyanabo(m): 9:43am On Oct 28, 2020
Where in Rivers state ? I won't say you are lying but thats not true. I'm in Port Harcourt and onion is very cheap here.

I rather say you were cheated. Next time allow your wife to go to the market grin grin
Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by mbjs: 9:44am On Oct 28, 2020
This is the effect of destructions.
Here in the north we now have surplus of commodities and is selling at cheaper rate

1 Like

Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 28, 2020
ever since the riots and looting last thursday, no truck has entered rivers state, this is just a taste of what you will experience if the country breaks up.

There will be no onions, beans and tomatoes in the south, infact no agric produce at all.

The southerners especialy those in the niger delta will be worst hit, they dont farm and their youths are very lazy.
Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by TroubleMaker47(m): 9:49am On Oct 28, 2020
mariahAngel:

This is an exaggeration.

I don't believe it for one second.
A kilo of carrot in ph is now 3k!!! Formally #500.
Enter mkt and see for yourself!!!
Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by PCG001: 9:50am On Oct 28, 2020
զʊօtɛ ʍɛ aռʏաɦɛʀɛ
ɨt's 20 #20, tɦɛ sʍaʟʟɛst օռɛ tɦɛʀɛ ɨs #10 ɦɛʀɛ ɨռ ҡաaʀa
ɨt's ռօt ɛʋɛռ ʄօօɖ sɛʟʄ
ɨt's ʝʊst ʄօʀ ɢaʀռɨsɦɨռɢ ʄօօɖ tɦat's aʟʟ
աɦat's tɦɛ ɛssɛռċɛ օʄ ɮʊʏɨռɢ ɨt❓❓
ɨ աօʊʟɖ ʀatɦɛʀ ɢօ ʄօʀ ɢaʀʟɨċ օʀ ʟօċʊst ɮɛaռs
Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by generationz(f): 9:51am On Oct 28, 2020
Omihanifa:
Here in the north the whole of that onions is not up to 300naira

Max it 250 naira
250? No be that side them dey grow tomatoes and onions?
Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by karnafiu03(m): 9:52am On Oct 28, 2020
Benblaq:

I swear, I bought something like this #100 yesterday
Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by arewaboy01(m): 9:53am On Oct 28, 2020
Benblaq:
all this one na fifty naira for my place

1 Like

Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by Ogbuu101: 9:57am On Oct 28, 2020
akure1stson:

if that onion can cost 250 in the north, then it can b sold at 500 naira in the ph
Exactly.
A tuber of yam sold for 100naira in Benue state is sold for 500 in neighboring Enugu state.
Courtesy of numerous police and army checkpoints.
Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by mustaphagreens(m): 9:58am On Oct 28, 2020
pozehnani:
Serious!shocked
In Lag, the two big ones are #50 each while the 2 small ones are #50 making it #150 for all.

This is getting out of hand.

Where in Lag? I bought 3 tiny balls of tomato for N200 just recently in an open market (e pain me). On the same day someone tried to sell half derica of tin tomato for N700 but I refused to be foolish, I tried another seller and got it cheaper (N500). No seller in an open market has monopolistic privileges, always remember this.
Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by JordanMichael(m): 10:00am On Oct 28, 2020
Amotolongbo:
where is the receipt? grin
Yeah! Or I don't bilivit grin

1 Like

Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by EndBuhariNow(m): 10:03am On Oct 28, 2020
Hunger is coming... Thank God am not there to within all These... Thunder fire those Ediots that voted for change... I warned them... I bolted when I can oooo.. please block all the borders unah never started

1 Like

Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by Chris2863(m): 10:04am On Oct 28, 2020
It’s still costly to me
Omihanifa:

Max it 250 naira
Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by Ogbuu101: 10:06am On Oct 28, 2020
quentin06:
ever since the riots and looting last thursday, no truck has entered rivers state, this is just a taste of what you will experience if the country breaks up.

There will be no onions, beans and tomatoes in the south, infact no agric produce at all.

The southerners especialy those in the niger delta will be worst hit, they dont farm and their youths are very lazy.
Lolz.
More southerners will just go into farming and the gap will be bridged in less than 3yrs.
The woman in my village doesn't eat anything from the north.
Local goat,local cow,hen,bush meat etc.
Everybody grows his own tomato and a little extra to sell,only those in townships buy tomatoes from the north and production could be stepped up in d event of separation.
The most eaten food in the south is garri,yam and rice which are all grown locally.
Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by pozehnani(f): 10:08am On Oct 28, 2020
mustaphagreens:

Where in Lag? I bought 3 tiny balls of tomato for N200 just recently in an open market (e pain me). On the same day someone tried to sell half derica of tin tomato for N700 but I refused to be foolish, I tried another seller and got it cheaper (N500). No seller in an open market has monopolistic privileges, always remember this.

In my area for now. Don't know what it will be like the next time I go.

Waaaat? 700 for tin tomatoes? Crazy!
Well.. a sachet now sells for 150. So I'm not really shocked. Still, errrmm.. huh! This just crazy. I wanna believe it's because of the ongoing crises stemmed from the protest. many traders can't go to the market now especially as I heard this early morning that Mile12 market was under fire with hoodlums shooting and looting stores and shops. So, traders are making do with the little they had before the whole brouhaha.

Hopefully by next week or before Xmas, things will have return back to normal. Otherwise, no stew for Christmas. Peppersoup all the way. grin
Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by Trulydude(m): 10:11am On Oct 28, 2020
Just thank God that you are able to get it, a time will come when you would go out with your money looking for what to buy, but you may eventually not see it
Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by Nosaghae(m): 10:12am On Oct 28, 2020
mariahAngel:

This is an exaggeration.

I don't believe it for one second.
Its even more expensive around oilmill.
Its as a result of the clash between the Hausas and ’IPOB’
Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by Shawl001(m): 10:13am On Oct 28, 2020
Omihanifa:

Max it 250 naira

Bros,
What are you saying nah,
I will buy those onions for 100 here in the north.

1 Like

Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by Esji80(m): 10:16am On Oct 28, 2020
Haiiiiiu na to venture into onion biz be that ooo

In my place this one is not up to #50 ooo
Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by kushme: 10:23am On Oct 28, 2020
Benblaq:

The whole of this is 50naira in the North..
Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by mariahAngel(f): 10:26am On Oct 28, 2020
Nosaghae:

Its even more expensive around oilmill.
Its as a result of the clash between the Hausas and ’IPOB’

Ehen!

Now, that explains it!
Thanks jare
Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by Psoul(m): 10:29am On Oct 28, 2020
Here in Enugu:
Those 3pcs of equal size is N20 each. 3 of them is N50.
That smallest one should be the jara.
That big ball can go for N50/ball.

Well, you guys should enjoy your oil money. Sellers there sees everyone as a staff of Oil Company.
When I was in PH, what I do was to come to Aba buy things I want and take them to PH.
You will see someone selling unripened pawpaw that was forced to ripe with hot water and she will tell u it is N500. Yet the fruit will have no palatable taste.
Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by shullygirl: 10:29am On Oct 28, 2020

1 Like

Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by Estellie: 10:32am On Oct 28, 2020
That means I'm enjoying in Uyo o shocked shocked
All that onions will go for 150 here.

Make I go buy more than enough before dem increase price grin
Re: The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. by ogmask: 10:32am On Oct 28, 2020
Benblaq:

This is cheap na, in my area in woji 1 small onion is 200 naira

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Coca-Cola Launches First Alcoholic Drink (Photo) / Funny! Man Turn Fufu To Human Head Before Eating. Photos / Need Help,how Many Measure Of Rice Can Feed 100 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.