Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,558 members, 7,820,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down (35415 Views)

Josep Bartomeu Reveals Tough Decisions Will Be Taken After Humiliating Loss / "Barcelona Preparing For Life After Lionel Messi" - President Bartomeu / Pinnick Steps Down As Chris Giwa Takes Over 'Glass House' (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by Angelfrost(m): 8:18am On Oct 28, 2020
Kyase:

Man Utd structure is different from that of Barca.
Woodward will rather die than resign, the glazers will never sack him, the man brings money to them.
Man Utd has turn to business club

That's a shame! Would love to see that club competitive again!!!

God help una tonight against the current leader in Bundesliga... This will be a true test!!!
Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by Dearlord(m): 8:21am On Oct 28, 2020
This is absolutely unexpected
Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by Kyase(m): 8:29am On Oct 28, 2020
Angelfrost:

That's a shame! Would love to see that club competitive again!!!

God help una tonight against the current leader in Bundesliga... This will be a true test!!!
lol you sef, you be real Leeds fan.
Last week against PSG was our true test now this week against RB Leipzig will be our true test.
We go shock una na.
Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by Princemmyboss(m): 8:38am On Oct 28, 2020
1 8-2 see this����
Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by Angelfrost(m): 8:44am On Oct 28, 2020
Kyase:
lol you sef, you be real Leeds fan.
Last week against PSG was our true test now this week against RB Leipzig will be our true test.
We go shock una na.

Guy, PSG played way below expectation last week... If Leipzig does the same, then the group is yours for the taking.
Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by Ezmans: 8:50am On Oct 28, 2020
Samakus:
He etched his name in Barca's hall of shame. He will not be missed
that I'll not save Barca not being hammered this weekend
Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by Kyase(m): 8:56am On Oct 28, 2020
Angelfrost:

Guy, PSG played way below expectation last week... If Leipzig does the same, then the group is yours for the taking.
Played beyond expectation, or United outplayed them, haba na....
We are flogging that Leipzig of a thing.
Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by jidamsel43(m): 9:01am On Oct 28, 2020
Excallibur:
you are a fool, get the complete story before displaying your retardetnesss
Must you go berserk at the slightest provocation. it shows that you are not mature mentally
Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by OJEEMAH(m): 9:12am On Oct 28, 2020
Worse President to ever lead Barcelona. Under his watch, players & coaches that do not align with their philosophy were recruited.
Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by OgaRico(m): 9:13am On Oct 28, 2020
lexy2014:

Y do u say d man is clueless?

Since he became the president of the Club(in case you're a real Barca fan),what has the club achieved compare to other previous presidents in the last 15years of the club?
Neymar left under him and he did get a good replacement,Iniesta gone still no one to fill in his space,Pique and Bosquet are old but nobody is there to stand in for them yet.
The list goes on bro..Is best he leaves at least for someone else with fresh ideas to take over.
Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by lexy2014: 9:19am On Oct 28, 2020
OgaRico:

Since he became the president of the Club(in case you're a real Barca fan),what has the club achieved compare to other previous presidents in the last 15years of the club?
Neymar left under him and he did get a good replacement,Iniesta gone still no one to fill in his space,Pique and Bosquet are old but nobody is there to stand in for them yet.
The list goes on bro..Is best he leaves at least for someone else with fresh ideas to take over.

What has being a Barca fan, real or otherwise got to do with d discussion? What of d players that he bought? Will he buy players and still come and coach them? How old are pique and busquets that they are "old"?

"The list goes on..."

Pls unravel d list. I don't mind.
Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by mdchikezie(m): 9:19am On Oct 28, 2020
Sysdatek:
He turned a giant to a circus

Useless man

how?
does he tell players what to play on the pitch
Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by OJEEMAH(m): 9:20am On Oct 28, 2020
OgaRico:

I am not a Barcelona but most people don't even look at bartomeu poor performance as a president. They would blame Messi for just to score a cheap point and then compare him to CR7.
Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by OJEEMAH(m): 9:25am On Oct 28, 2020
lexy2014:

What has being a Barca fan, real or otherwise got to do with d discussion? What of d players that he bought? Will he buy players and still come and coach them? How old are pique and busquets that they are "old"?

"The list goes on..."

Pls unravel d list. I don't mind.
so who is to blame for wrong recruitment or coaches and players? Which right thinking president would sell a 22yrs old Arthur and then bring in 29years old Pjanic as his replacement?
Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by lexy2014: 9:27am On Oct 28, 2020
OJEEMAH:
so who is to blame for wrong recruitment or coaches and players? Which right thinking president would sell a 22yrs old Arthur and then bring in 29years old Pjanic as his replacement?

First of all, address d issues I raised b4 raising new ones.

Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by shugabasbn: 9:31am On Oct 28, 2020
If na for Western countries by now Sanwo Olu, Osinbajo, Buhari, TY Buratai, IGP and many more people would have resigned. But Nigeria men no dey resign but die there
Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by OJEEMAH(m): 9:36am On Oct 28, 2020
lexy2014:

First of all, address d issues I raised b4 raising new ones.

If you read my comment, you would see where I talked about recruitment of wrong coaches and players. Talking about Busquet & Pique, as the president of Barcelona with a team responsible for contract negotiations and renewal, have you asked yourself why the contract of Busquet & Pique was not cancelled like that of Suarez & Vidal?? It is not his responsibility to buy and still coach the players but hiring the wrong coaches like Valverde & Series was his fault.

1 Like

Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by lexy2014: 9:45am On Oct 28, 2020
OJEEMAH:
If you read my comment, you would see where I talked about recruitment of wrong coaches and players. Talking about Busquet & Pique, as the president of Barcelona with a team responsible for contract negotiations and renewal, have you asked yourself why the contract of Busquet & Pique was not cancelled like that of Suarez & Vidal?? It is not his responsibility to buy and still coach the players but hiring the wrong coaches like Valverde & Series was his fault.

What was wrong with d players that he bought, a question which u have failed to answer. What is pique and busquets age that u say that they are "old" another question which u failed to answer. Y should d club have cancelled d contracts of busquets& pique? What was wrong with Valverde and Sentien?
Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by OJEEMAH(m): 9:50am On Oct 28, 2020
lexy2014:

What was wrong with d players that he bought, a question which u have failed to answer. What is pique and busquets age that u say that they are "old" another question which u failed to answer. Y should d club have cancelled d contracts of busquets& pique? What was wrong with Valverde and Sentien?
it was you who raised a question about Pique and Bisque not me. Some of the players he brought in like Vidal & Greizmann do not fit in at Barcelona considering their style of play. Setien & Valverde are not tactical sound. When you call brilliant coaches in Europe, you won't find them in first 20. Why should the club also cancel the contract of Suarez and Vidal. What is good for the goose is no longer good for the gander right? Cos they are Spanish of what??
Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by lexy2014: 9:53am On Oct 28, 2020
OgaRico:

Barcelona has about 8 different senior sport teams, not just football. But for d most famous which is it's male football ball team, they won 13trophies during d 6year reign of Bartomeu as president.
Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by uunwanaobong3: 9:59am On Oct 28, 2020
This Laporte and Ruben dias partnership dey excite me and I am happy....

But I think the main problem in mancity right is attacking players..... I think mancity seriously need a world class striker like Mbappe or Haaland to support and maybe replace aged aguero.........

Ferran Torres and mehrez are one and the same player with similar Playing pattern (they are both weak and lazy for a city player) I would gladly exchange both of them for Adam troare...

Mancity seriously need David ALABA to replace Mendy........

Rodri is a serious mess when defending, he cannot sense and neutralized danger before they occur..... Though he is good attacking wise........ I will advise pep to use Fernandinho more this season if he wants to win trophy

I think that is the summary of mancity this season
Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by lexy2014: 10:00am On Oct 28, 2020
OJEEMAH:
it was you who raised a question about Pique and Bisque not me. Some of the players he brought in like Vidal & Greizmann do not fit in at Barcelona considering their style of play. Setien & Valverde are not tactical sound. When you call brilliant coaches in Europe, you won't find them in first 20. Why should the club also cancel the contract of Suarez and Vidal. What is good for the goose is no longer good for the gander right? Cos they are Spanish of what??

Yes i raised a question about pique and busquets. D gentleman I was discussing with earlier said busquets & pique are old. And I asked him how old are they that they are old? At that point, u jumped into d discussion. Since u did that, am sure u have answers to d question.

I don't no y Vidal and Suarez's contracts were cancelled. Maybe u can shed some light. But u said Vidal didn't fit into d team. Why then are u still questioning d cancellation of his contract? U have also questioned y d contracts of pique and busquets weren't cancelled. Am sure u can begin by telling me y their contracts needed to be cancelled.

What was wrong with d players that he bought, a question which u have failed to answer. Is it only Vidal and griezman that Bartomeu bought? How did Vidal not fit into Barcelonas playing style? What is Barcelonas playing style? Y has griezman failed to gel in Barcelona?

How are Valverde and Sentien not tactically sound? Can u pls name d top 20 brilliant coaches in Europe?
Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by EndBuhariNow(m): 10:16am On Oct 28, 2020
Messi to take over
Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by lichocho(m): 10:24am On Oct 28, 2020
prodigyhenry:

Na you sack am
na wah ooo....
Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by Jackipapa: 10:32am On Oct 28, 2020
The way I rush open this thread self dey wonder me, I think say na Buhari did the needful!
Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by OJEEMAH(m): 10:39am On Oct 28, 2020
lexy2014:

I didn't raise a question any question about pique and busquets. D gentleman I was discussing with earlier said busquets & pique are old. And I asked him how old are they that they are old? At that point, u jumped into d discussion. Since u did that, am sure u have answers to d question.

I don't no y Vidal and Suarez's contracts were cancelled. Maybe u can shed some light. But u said Vidal didn't fit into d team. Why then are u still questioning d cancellation of his contract? U have also questioned y d contracts of pique and busquets weren't cancelled. Am sure u can begin by telling me y their contracts needed to be cancelled.

What was wrong with d players that he bought, a question which u have failed to answer. Is it only Vidal and griezman that Bartomeu bought? How did Vidal not fit into Barcelonas playing style? What is Barcelonas playing style? Y has griezman failed to gel in Barcelona?

How are Valverde and Sentien not tactically sound? Can u pls name d top 20 brilliant coaches in Europe?
Firstly, the contracts of Busquet & Pique should have been cancelled just like Vidal & Suarez since the club decided to get rid of under performing players. I am questioning the cancellation of Vidal's contract because he should not have been signed in the first place. The club decided to get rid of dead woods. It affected Suarez, Rakitic & Vidal but that same board decided to keep Pique & Busque. Its glaring to everyone that Busquet & Pique declined just like Suarez, Rakitic & even Vidal. Aside Greizmann & Vidal, he also signed Coutinho, Dembele and Braithwaite and they are all playing far below expectation. Barcelona play possession based soccer with creative and dynamic midfielders like Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldinho and Deco not rigid players like Vidal. Don't get me wrong, am not saying Vidal is not good but hes not Barcelona kinda player. Valverde does not possess the skills of top coaches in Europe. We saw how his team was demolished by Roma & Liverpool in consecutive season...even if his game plan failed which can happen to any coach no matter how good he is, he should be dynamic enough to at least have a plan B knowing how dangerous Liverpool can be. He was knocked out by Roma after a comfortable 4-1 win in the first leg. As if that was not enough, he still repeated the same shit the following year and you think he is tactically sound? Setien is the most confused coach I have ever seen. No style of play. No tactics and loor team selection. https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/0261-107135de7c40-67dde23c4c0f-1000--men-s-coach-of-the-year/
Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 28, 2020
DonroxyII:
Verily, Messi should kukuma buy entire Barcelona ... He and his father should own the club ... Chineke ... he sacked all the board .. Gisos !

Inasmuch as this is untrue, it's quite funny grin grin grin
Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by lexy2014: 11:07am On Oct 28, 2020
OJEEMAH:
Firstly, the contracts of Busquet & Pique should have been cancelled just like Vidal & Suarez since the club decided to get rid of under performing players. I am questioning the cancellation of Vidal's contract because he should not have been signed in the first place. The club decided to get rid of dead woods. It affected Suarez, Rakitic & Vidal but that same board decided to keep Pique & Busque. Its glaring to everyone that Busquet & Pique declined just like Suarez, Rakitic & even Vidal. Aside Greizmann & Vidal, he also signed Coutinho, Dembele and Braithwaite and they are all playing far below expectation. Barcelona play possession based soccer with creative and dynamic midfielders like Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldinho and Deco not rigid players like Vidal. Don't get me wrong, am not saying Vidal is not good but hes not Barcelona kinda player. Valverde does not possess the skills of top coaches in Europe. We saw how his team was demolished by Roma & Liverpool consecutively....even if his game plan failed which can happen to coach no matter how good he is, he should be dynamic enough to at least have a plan B knowing how dangerous Liverpool can be. He was knocked out by Roma after a comfortable 4-1 win in the first leg. As if that was not enough, he still repeated the same shit the following year and you think he is tactically sound? Setien is the most confused coach I have ever seen. No style of play. No tactics. Poor team selection under his watch. https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/0261-107135de7c40-67dde23c4c0f-1000--men-s-coach-of-the-year/

Pls how did d performance of Busquet, Pique, Suarez, Rakitic & Vidal decline? What makes them according to u "underperforming players"? U say u are questioning d cancellation of Vidals contract yet u are still questioning y he was signed in d first place. U are contradicting urself.

According to u: "Barcelona play possession based soccer with creative and dynamic midfielders like Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldinho and Deco not rigid players like Vidal."

Was Vidal brought in for d purpose of creativity? If he was, why was coutinho signed?

U also have this to say:

"Aside Greizmann & Vidal, he also signed Coutinho, Dembele and Braithwaite and they are all playing far below expectation."

Y are these players now a shadow of themselves now that they are in Barcelona compared what they used to be? Coutinho for instance went to Bayern to shine despite being a Barca player.

U say Valverde doesn't have a plan B. Does Guardiola have a plan B? U alleged that Valverde & Sentien won't make it into d list of d 20 most brilliant coaches in Europe. D list u provided is that of d 10 best coaches in d just concluded season. Which means d coaches on d list are still active. What of d other 10? So Valverde isn't tactically sound, yet he won d laliga back to back?

How many seasons was Sentien in Barca and under what circumstances was he brought in? Do u think any coach would have done better than he did under d circumstances? U still haven't told me how they aren't tactically sound.
Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by Starzo: 11:34am On Oct 28, 2020
y!...do the people want Trump to resign?
Incognito403:

No Trump is his mate. Ask Trump to resign.
Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by PaulH07: 12:09pm On Oct 28, 2020
ABballer100:

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/bartomeu-resigns-as-barcelona-president-amid/1qsdlc84cj70x1rod8tgzgmlus

Messi is bigger than Barcelona. He no fit try this trash with the mighty Real Madrid, dem go sell am go Antalyaspor...
Re: Barcelona: Bartomeu Resigns As President, Entire Board Also Steps Down by Corona22: 12:15pm On Oct 28, 2020
jidamsel43:
That is what will happen when a Player (Messi) is more than all the board directors and other players
I don’t know why everybody keep saying this. The club is being grossly mismanaged. But Ajani from Nigeria believes it’s Messi that forced him out

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Iheanacho Beats Ronaldo, Messi As Most Viewed Player On Transfermarket / Liverpool Release New 2019-20 Season Home Kit, Salah & Co Show Off (Photos) / Loanee Matt Fined For Grabbing Denzel Dumfries' Manhood During Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.