Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,517 members, 7,865,158 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:13 PM

Another Video Of Lekki Shootings? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Video Of Lekki Shootings? (931 Views)

Lekki Shootings: Top US Officials Storm Aso Rock / Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina / Rihanna Reacts To Lekki Shootings, voices support for ENDSARS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Video Of Lekki Shootings? by dukeprince50: 7:57am On Oct 28, 2020
pls, I just wanna argue reasonably, no insults.

From the video I saw in lekki shootings, I was convinced those military were not shooting directly at the protesters cos I saw the sparks from the gun fired and it was facing up.
Also my second observation was that, even after the gunshots, those protesters were shouting endSars and no one was running.
I don't think civilians will have the guts to stand and shout "endsars" after seeing few people fall, even if they have the mind to stand, I don't think all of them are that fearless, at least there will be panic by some of them which made me believed no one died.

I'm not believing those pictures we saw the next day since most of them were fake and are from a movie shoot, and some of those that were thought to have been killed, came out and said it was just rumours and they are all alive, as the thread below confirms it

https://www.nairaland.com/6196653/endsars-fact-check-fake-news
so I want to know if there is another video convincing enough or its just that video.

pls just reasonable argument

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Video Of Lekki Shootings? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:19am On Oct 28, 2020
dukeprince50:

From the video I saw in lekki shootings, I was convinced those military were not shooting directly at the protesters cos I saw the sparks from the gun fired and it was facing up.
Also my second observation was that, even after the gunshots, those protesters were shouting endSars and no one was running.
I don't think civilians will have the guts to stand and shout "endsars" after seeing few people fall, even if they have the mind to stand, I don't think all of them are that fearless, at least there will be panic by some of them which made me believed no one died.

YOU CAN KILL SOMEONE EVEN IF YOU DON'T SHOOT DIRECTLY AT THEM. WHEN BULLETS ARE SHOT UPWARDS THEY NEITHER TRAVEL TO SPACE OR DISSOLVE IN AIR.

THERE WAS A LIVE INSTAGRAM FEED THAT NIGHT WITNESSED BY MORE THAN 130K PEOPLE INCLUDING FOREIGN JOURNALISTS AND CELEBRITIES. THERE ARE SO MANY OTHER PROOFS, REASONS WHY THE ARMY IS NOW LOOKING FOR A WAY TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY AFTER SEVERAL DENIALS.

THE IGNORANCE AND MISINFORMATION IN YOUR POST IS SO MUCH, AND I NOW UNDERSTAND WHY MORE THAN HALF THE PEOPLE THINK THE WHOLE SITUATION WAS STAGED.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Video Of Lekki Shootings? by dukeprince50: 8:29am On Oct 28, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU CAN KILL SOMEONE EVEN IF YOU DON'T SHOOT DIRECTLY AT THEM. WHEN BULLETS ARE SHOT UPWARDS THEY NEITHER TRAVEL TO SPACE OR DISSOLVE IN AIR.

THERE WAS A LIVE INSTAGRAM FEED THAT NIGHT WITNESSED BY MORE THAN 130K PEOPLE INCLUDING FOREIGN JOURNALISTS AND CELEBRITIES. THERE ARE SO MANY OTHER PROOFS, REASONS WHY THE ARMY IS NOW LOOKING FOR A WAY TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY AFTER SEVERAL DENIALS.

THE IGNORANCE AND MISINFORMATION IN YOUR POST IS SO MUCH, AND I NOW UNDERSTAND WHY MORE THAN HALF THE PEOPLE THINK THE WHOLE SITUATION WAS STAGED.
never have I touched a gun, let alone knows how to shoot, ur argument made sense, though I'm of the opinion that bullets only kill you cos of its velocity and could penetrate ur skin with such speed. I've always thought, if it was pointed up, its effect reduces because it is just gravity pulling it down after it attained maximum height and speed is greatly reduced. so if a bullet is about 30-70grams, the speed with which it comes down will be 30g multiplied by 9.8m/s square, I don't think such a speed can kill a rat, not to talk of air resistance which seems to double at night. But what do I know, its just opinion.
Thanks for the enlightenment
Re: Another Video Of Lekki Shootings? by capitalzero: 8:37am On Oct 28, 2020
dukeprince50:
never have I touched a gun, let alone knows how to shoot, ur argument made sense, though I'm of the opinion that bullets only kill you cos of its velocity and could penetrate ur skin with such speed. I've always thought, if it was pointed up, its effect reduces because it is just gravity pulling it down after it attained maximum height and speed is greatly reduced. so if a bullet is about 30-70grams, the speed with which it comes down will be 30g multiplied by 9.8m/s square, I don't think such a speed can kill a rat, but what do I know, its just opinion.
Entry point is also matter. Chest, head, abdomen etc
Re: Another Video Of Lekki Shootings? by helinues: 8:39am On Oct 28, 2020
Thank goodness you guys have reframed from using Lekki massacre to Lekki shooting.

First step to get to the bottom of the issues
Re: Another Video Of Lekki Shootings? by dukeprince50: 8:42am On Oct 28, 2020
helinues:
Thank goodness you guys have reframed from using Lekki massacre to Lekki shooting.

calm down, all we need is constructive argument, if u can't provide any, pls just read comments

2 Likes

Re: Another Video Of Lekki Shootings? by helinues: 8:45am On Oct 28, 2020
dukeprince50:
calm down, all we need is constructive argument, if u can't provide any, pls just read comments

That same constructive argument is about there is nothing like Lekki massacre but Lekki shooting.

That's the bottom line
Re: Another Video Of Lekki Shootings? by dukeprince50: 8:50am On Oct 28, 2020
helinues:

That same constructive argument is about there is nothing like Lekki massacre but Lekki shooting.

That's the bottom line
i wish u could say something more interesting that trying to differentiate words when i have already used shootings, u have always been a bias debater anyways.
It will be a waste of time to argue with u, check my signature
Re: Another Video Of Lekki Shootings? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:01am On Oct 28, 2020
dukeprince50:
never have I touched a gun, let alone knows how to shoot, ur argument made sense, though I'm of the opinion that bullets only kill you cos of its velocity and could penetrate ur skin with such speed. I've always thought, if it was pointed up, its effect reduces because it is just gravity pulling it down after it attained maximum height and speed is greatly reduced. so if a bullet is about 30-70grams, the speed with which it comes down will be 30g multiplied by 9.8m/s square, I don't think such a speed can kill a rat, but what do I know, its just opinion.

FORBES SAYS FALLING BULLETS CAN KILL YOU.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2017/02/15/firing-a-gun-into-the-air-can-kill-someone/

IF THE ARMY WAS SURE IT DID NOT KILL PEOPLE, WHY ALL THE INITIAL DENIALS?
THE GOVERNOR HIMSELF REPORTED MANY INJURED AND "TWO" DEATHS IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE INCIDENT.
THERE'S A LOT TO BE UNCOVERED NO DOUBT, BUT WHATEVER CONCERNS OUR SECURITY MEN AND GUNS "MUST" LEAD TO DEATHS BECAUSE THESE GUYS ARE ALWAYS ANGRY, HUNGRY, AND DON'T KNOW THE PROPER WAYS TO USE THEIR GUNS WHEN FACING CIVILIANS AND CRIMINAL TERRORISTS.
THEY KILL INNOCENT CITIZENS PERFECTLY BUT RECORDS ONLY 3 KILLS PER YEAR AGAINST DEADLY TERRORISTS AND KIDNAPPERS.

1 Like

Re: Another Video Of Lekki Shootings? by GamalNasser: 9:37am On Oct 28, 2020
dukeprince50:

Depending on the vertical distance a bullet covers and the angle of fire , a falling bullet can kill ...
Re: Another Video Of Lekki Shootings? by Macphenson: 9:50am On Oct 28, 2020
helinues:

What is the military doing in an ongoing peaceful protest where there are amless civilians?

Do you really know there's a rule of engagement and do you understand what it entails?

Why should they even shoot in a well coordinated orderly protest?

Are we in military regime or democracy?

Shamless online miscreants are brain dead to even ask this pertinent question. That was why Sanwolu was fidgeting while CNN Christine Amanpour was asking him questions because those people are not as dumb as the ediots they pay.

The first question is WHAT IS THE MILITARY DOING IN A PEACEFUL PROTEST GROUND?

2 Likes

Re: Another Video Of Lekki Shootings? by UbaGwele: 10:02am On Oct 28, 2020
dukeprince50:

Good one analysis... But has an orange or Mango fallen on you from a tree? Only then you'd understand that Gravity is a great force... Have you also heard of stray bullets? Mostly they're bullets fired up to scare people but somehow find their way on someone... And that's why it's recommended that live bullets shouldn't be used on peaceful protesters... Those bullets fired up definitely came down and with the large crowd that day, it's very much likely it came down on protesters
Re: Another Video Of Lekki Shootings? by dukeprince50: 10:04am On Oct 28, 2020
Macphenson:

What is the military doing in an ongoing peaceful protest where there are amless civilians?

Do you really know there's a rule of engagement and do you understand what it entails?

Why should they even shoot in a well coordinated orderly protest?

Are we in military regime or democracy?

Shamless online miscreants are brain dead to even ask this pertinent question. That was why Sanwolu was fidgeting while CNN Christine Amanpour was asking him questions because those people are not as dumb as the ediots they pay.

The first question is WHAT IS THE MILITARY DOING IN A PEACEFUL PROTEST GROUND?
This question doesn't go well with me, the military are suppose to be there when there is a protest, whether it is peaceful or not.
By the way, Lagos govt said there will be curfew that day and the protesters violated, more reasons why the army should be there and deal with law breakers, we don't practice anarchy and every patriot must obey govt orders.
The only thing I blamed the military was the way they dealt with the protesters, shooting at them is totally wrong, classless and tasteless.
The youths were suppose to stay at home and come out the next day but they thought because Rivers disobeyed and nothing happened, they almighty Lagos should also disobey. This is a case of obedience is better than sacrifice.
The ruggedity in porthacourt is on a different level from Lagos, though Lagos could have more touts but pH/ND boys thinks they are warlord and can fight the govt, Wike knows this an had to calm things, Sanwo Olu or whoever controlled the army didn't calculate very well.

In summary, the question is not why the army was there but why did they shoot at them
Re: Another Video Of Lekki Shootings? by dukeprince50: 10:08am On Oct 28, 2020
UbaGwele:

Good one analysis... But has an orange or Mango fallen on you from a tree? Only then you'd understand that Gravity is a great force... Have you also heard of stray bullets? Mostly they're bullets fired up to scare people but somehow find their way on someone... And that's why it's recommended that live bullets shouldn't be used on peaceful protesters... Those bullets fired up definitely came down and with the large crowd that day, it's very much likely it came down on protesters
it all comes down to the weight of the object, a mango is heavier than a day old chick but a day old chick is heavier than a bullet.
I read the site capslocked gave and it was obvious, the chances of a bullet fired up into the air has a very slim chance of killing you even though it could at certain circumstances which is a rare case, so how did so many people die? either Army is lying or protesters are lying.

Lalasticlala mynd44 seun Dominique, what y'all say. did it happen or did it not?

1 Like

Re: Another Video Of Lekki Shootings? by Macphenson: 11:27am On Oct 28, 2020
dukeprince50:
This question doesn't go well with me, the military are suppose to be there when there is a protest, whether it is peaceful or not.
By the way, Lagos govt said there will be curfew that day and the protesters violated, more reasons why the army should be there and deal with law breakers, we don't practice anarchy and every patriot must obey govt orders.
The only thing I blamed the military was the way they dealt with the protesters, shooting at them is totally wrong, classless and tasteless.
The youths were suppose to stay at home and come out the next day but they thought because Rivers disobeyed and nothing happened, they almighty Lagos should also disobey. This is a case of obedience is better than sacrifice.
The ruggedity in porthacourt is on a different level from Lagos, though Lagos could have more touts but pH/ND boys thinks they are warlord and can fight the govt, Wike knows this an had to calm things, Sanwo Olu or whoever controlled the army didn't calculate very well.

In summary, the question is not why the army was there but why did they shoot at them

Well that's your opinion but let me educate you a little.

This is democracy, the military have absolutely no business in a peaceful demonstration. We have the Civil defence, the police and then the DSS, those are the ones that should have been deployed to the protest arena and they are to handle things with utmost civility.

Lagos State government stated that the curfew is to start by 9PM, while the shooting of unarmed protesters started at 7PM, so technically the people shot are yet to violate the curfew.

Also even if they violated the curfew, is the punishment for curfew violation shooting? Shouldnt they have been arrested and prosecuted instead of shooting? Please stop patronising the foolishness of government.

The government and the military goofed of this. Trust me in some months to come, the international community will dully respond to this.
Re: Another Video Of Lekki Shootings? by tartar9(m): 4:35pm On Oct 28, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

I thought you guys said it was a deliberate massacre abi genocide grin
You now agree they were shooting at the air.
If they shot at the air the bullets will travel a long distance far away from the protest grounds.
Whatever shooting that occurred was definitely not a massacre
Re: Another Video Of Lekki Shootings? by CAPSLOCKED: 4:49pm On Oct 28, 2020
tartar9:

If they shot at the air the bullets will travel a long distance far away from the protest grounds.

POINT OUT ANY OF MY POSTS WHERE I CLAIMED IT WAS A DELIBERATE GENOCIDE. AND ALSO POINT OUT WHERE I AGREED THEY SHOT INTO THE AIR.
IF YOU'RE GOING TO JUMP INTO PEOPLE'S POSTS DO SO WITHOUT PRETENDING TO BE DEMENTED.
Re: Another Video Of Lekki Shootings? by poiZon: 6:04pm On Oct 28, 2020
[quote author=dukeprince50 post=95423280]This question doesn't go well with me, the military are suppose to be there when there is a protest, whether it is peaceful or not.

In summary, the question is not why the army was there but why did they shoot at them[/quote

U r wrong here.
The governor announced curfew on the 20th of Oct to commenced at 4pm, it was later shifted to 9pm.
The soldiers entered lekki around 6:45pm.
So ur analysis needs to be reassess.
Re: Another Video Of Lekki Shootings? by poiZon: 6:08pm On Oct 28, 2020
tartar9:

Were they supposed to shoot in the first place?

1 Like

Re: Another Video Of Lekki Shootings? by Toks2008(m): 6:45pm On Oct 28, 2020
dukeprince50:

I'm not believing those pictures we saw the next day since most of them were fake and are from a movie shoot, and some of those that were thought to have been killed, came out and said it was just rumours and they are all alive, as the thread below confirms it

https://www.nairaland.com/6196653/endsars-fact-check-fake-news
so I want to know if there is another video convincing enough or its just that video.

pls just reasonable argument

Bullets fired into the air can cause grave injuries expecially in a crowded area.

Go do your findings.

1 Like

Re: Another Video Of Lekki Shootings? by UbaGwele: 8:03pm On Oct 28, 2020
dukeprince50:
it all comes down to the weight of the object, a mango is heavier than a day old chick but a day old chick is heavier than a bullet.
I read the site capslocked gave and it was obvious, the chances of a bullet fired up into the air has a very slim chance of killing you even though it could at certain circumstances which is a rare case, so how did so many people die? either Army is lying or protesters are lying.

Lalasticlala mynd44 seun Dominique, what y'all say. did it happen or did it not?

Good one... Bullet is sharper... Mango, orange and Day old chick(which is surely lighte than a bullet) are blunt... I lived in Jos back then and I can assure there were many cases of stray bullet killing people... One instance than was a woman sleeping on her bed, stray bullet passed to the roofing sheet, the ceiling and got her on the bed, as usual we say Na village people send the bullet come but then. I am not disputing the rareness as you mentioned but it likely it might have happened in lekki as well...

(1) (Reply)

Youths To Political Leaders: Return Looted Funds Withing 72 Hours / #ENDSARS: Tension! As Sowore Asks Protesters To Resume Protest Despite Warning / Herdsmen Can’t Leave Ondo Forest, Presidency Replies Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.