Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,680 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Nigerian Airline To Test Direct Flights To Jamaica - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Airline To Test Direct Flights To Jamaica (692 Views)

Airpeace Begins Direct Flights To London, UK (Pictures) / Air Peace Starts Direct Flights To Israel (Photos) / United Nigerian Airline Starts Operation, Makes Enugu Its Operation Base (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Airline To Test Direct Flights To Jamaica by GermanCarDealer(m): 8:18am On Oct 28, 2020
A Nigerian airline is making history for the first time as it tests direct roundtrip commercial flights in December and January from Lagos, Nigeria to the Sangster International Airport in Montego Bay, Jamaica.

Outgoing Nigerian High Commissioner to Jamaica, Janet Olisa, said the initiative was a collaboration between herself and Jamaican counterpart in Abuja, Esmond Reid.

Olisa said, “I must give credit to the Jamaican High Commissioner in Abuja. He has been able to convince the Nigerian airline to make that happen. I would like to see more Jamaicans visit Nigeria. Come and see where the ancestors came from. We (Nigerians) are coming so they should come. I think we need more tourists from Jamaica to Nigeria and I am inviting Jamaicans to come.”

She is also hopeful that direct flights will help to boost trade between the countries and regrets not fostering greater commercial relations.

https://www.nycaribnews.com/articles/airline-to-test-direct-flights-between-nigeria-and-jamaica/

Re: Nigerian Airline To Test Direct Flights To Jamaica by GermanCarDealer(m): 8:23am On Oct 28, 2020
Re: Nigerian Airline To Test Direct Flights To Jamaica by Cousin9999: 10:26am On Oct 28, 2020
Wow. I like the sound of that.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Airline To Test Direct Flights To Jamaica by 2Lynx(m): 11:20am On Oct 28, 2020
coming at a period like these, mehn this is great news. but let our brothers not use these express avenue soil our name, cos the consequences will be a big slap to our face.
time to master the Jamaican accent. grin
Re: Nigerian Airline To Test Direct Flights To Jamaica by Memberclub(m): 2:37pm On Oct 28, 2020
Hope flights will be cheap.

I've always wanted to holiday in Jamaica with my wife & kids
Re: Nigerian Airline To Test Direct Flights To Jamaica by GermanCarDealer(m): 4:02pm On Oct 28, 2020
Memberclub:

Hopefully the flight will be affordable and let reach out to the Jamaican embassy in Nigeria for updates.
Re: Nigerian Airline To Test Direct Flights To Jamaica by GermanCarDealer(m): 4:04pm On Oct 28, 2020
Memberclub:

Hopefully it will be cheap and Jamaica can easily be a transit hub between Africa and North America, instead of Europe.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is It Safe To Use Hotels Showers When Travelling? / Want To Live In Ghana Or Togo But Never Traveled Before / Top Three Countries You Can Study For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.