Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

NFF Appoints New Media Officers For National Teams As Old Ones Bow Out - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Appoints New Media Officers For National Teams As Old Ones Bow Out (190 Views)

NFF Appoints Finidi George As Super Eagles Head Coach / NFF Appoints Augustine Eguavoen As Interim Manager Of The Super Eagles / NFF Appoints Jose Peseiro As Super Eagles New Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NFF Appoints New Media Officers For National Teams As Old Ones Bow Out by joelobi: 11:07am On Oct 28, 2020
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has appointed new Media Officers for the country’s men and women senior football teams.

This was contained in a statement by the football body’s Director of Media and Communications, Ademola Olajire on Tuesday in Abuja.

According to the statement, NFF appointed Babafemi Raji as Super Eagles Media Officer and Oluchi Tobe-Chukwu as Super Falcons Media head.

Olajire said, “For the Super Eagles, Raji takes over from Toyin Ibitoye who has been in the post for five-and-half years, while Tobe-Chukwu takes over from Jane Onyinye Nweze for the Falcons.”

NFF lauded both Ibitoye and Nweze for the excellent services rendered to the teams and wished them success in their career.

Reacting to the development, former Super Eagles Media Officer Oluwatoyin Ibitoye in a series of tweets on his Twitter handle expressed his gratitude to the NFF and Amaju Pinnick for the opportunity to serve the country for a period of five years.

He said, My assignment as @NGSuperEagles Media Officer has ended. I must say a big thank you to @thenff, especially president @PinnickAmaju for the opportunity to serve. I also appreciate coach Gernot Rohr, the players and staff for making the job really pleasurable.

I am really happy and grateful to God this appointment happened and will never fall into the temptation to be bitter it has ended. I really enjoyed it. I worked with a very disciplined bunch of players, coaches and staff. The team was one big happy family.

I also want to show great appreciation to my colleagues in the media. Every single one of you. The support was total...100%. Without this, the job would have been a nightmare. For those that I may have wronged along the line of duty...please forgive me.

For those who gave me support, it is time to give all that same quality of support and goodwill to the new man on the job...Babafemi Raji. I have no doubts he will do much better than I did. He is a top guy. He has my 100% support. I will forever remain a Super Eagles fan. Once again, I bow in appreciation for the last five years of tremendous fun, pleasure, victories, defeats, ups and downs with this team after my heart. Thank you all.

https://africannewstoday.com/sport/football/nff-appoints-new…old-ones-bow-out/

(1) (Reply)

Zidane: It Will Be A Difficult Season For Us / Barca, Sevilla Head North Looking To Get Back To Winning Ways / Liverpool Again Hit With Injury Blow As Jordan Henderson Join The Injury List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.