Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

I Don't Blame The Nigerian Police For Doing Shakara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Don't Blame The Nigerian Police For Doing Shakara (495 Views)

Operation Amotekun: Don't Blame Aare Ona Kakanfo If It Fails - Gani Adams / Please Blame The Lagos Warlord, Amosun Has No Fault- Tunde Ajose / Don't Blame The Nigerian System For Your Failure Or Else..- Atiku Attacks Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Blame The Nigerian Police For Doing Shakara by rossoki: 4:22am On Oct 29, 2020
Honestly, I don't really blame the Nigerian police for doing shakara, and refusing to return to work as usual.

An unofficial, undeclared, but impeccably timed strike.

This is a an organisation that has been the subject of so much abuse, vilification, and opprobrium from all sectors of society, including from overseas, from the British parliament all the way to Bill and Hillary Clinton, Kanye West, Rihanna, and Beyonce, over the last three weeks.

There have been blanket accusations of corruption and brutality of the service, with very little effort made to differentiate the 'good' from the 'bad' cops, or to acknowledge the overall role played by the police in ensuring security.

Hundreds of Nigerian policemen are killed each year fighting robbers and criminals.

While we sleep, they patrol our streets at night, at great personal risk to themselves.

They stand between us and the armed robbers.

Not Falz. Not Seun Kuti. Not Tiwa Savage or Beyonce.

Them.

Without them, we're toast.

We do not appreciate our police enough.

Rampaging mobs burnt down police stations indiscriminately, leaving many officers wondering where exactly the public expect them to 'return' to.

Meanwhile, robbers, pickpockets, kidnappers, street urchins and layabouts of various hue are licking their lips in anticipation of a police-less environment.

A hobbesian, dystopian, post-apocalyptic society in which they can unleash their full repertoire of terror on the nation with reckless abandon.

Should we launch a National Police Appreciation Day to get the men in blue to have a change of heart, and return to duty?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmS2Q2sng1A

1 Like

Re: I Don't Blame The Nigerian Police For Doing Shakara by 1beat(m): 4:33am On Oct 29, 2020
God will help us
Re: I Don't Blame The Nigerian Police For Doing Shakara by TecM0: 5:10am On Oct 29, 2020
Let them just return. We need normality back in our community
Re: I Don't Blame The Nigerian Police For Doing Shakara by Nobody: 6:01am On Oct 29, 2020
TecM0:
Let them just return. We need normality back in our community
I for insult you now if no be say I know you are one of the few reasonable ones on this forum. I remember when we warned people against this day, we were called paid agents..some ediots were even cursing. I pray they all pay bite their fingers in regret soonest
Re: I Don't Blame The Nigerian Police For Doing Shakara by longetivity(m): 6:12am On Oct 29, 2020
we don't need yeye police in lasgidi, we got RRS
Re: I Don't Blame The Nigerian Police For Doing Shakara by TecM0: 6:12am On Oct 29, 2020
OZOnNengiTheory:
I for insult you now if no be say I know you are one of the few reasonable ones on this forum. I remember when we warned people against this day, we were called paid agents..some ediots were even cursing. I pray they all pay bite their fingers in regret soonest

Lol pissfulprotester. We warned and warned, thread after thread but they were just blind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don't Blame The Nigerian Police For Doing Shakara by Nobody: 6:13am On Oct 29, 2020
OZOnNengiTheory:

Any officer not ready to work should resign. Are they doing it for free? Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Blame The Nigerian Police For Doing Shakara by vanbonattel: 6:15am On Oct 29, 2020
Re: I Don't Blame The Nigerian Police For Doing Shakara by Gandollaar(f): 6:17am On Oct 29, 2020
Don't worry, when hunger wire them and their families, they will return for the usual Roger.
Re: I Don't Blame The Nigerian Police For Doing Shakara by Nobody: 6:17am On Oct 29, 2020
TecM0:

Lol pissfulprotester. We warned and warned, thread after thread but they were just blind

Re: I Don't Blame The Nigerian Police For Doing Shakara by vanbonattel: 6:19am On Oct 29, 2020
Its a very unfortunate situation. I wish the police were smart enough to feel the temperature in the land of southern Nigeria since this year 2020. The police increased its brutality over the poor masses of Southern Nigeria to the point that innocent citizens preferred meeting with armed robbers than meeting with the police, armed robbers will rob you are flee, the police will abduct and rob you and still Rub their loot in your face, plus detain your family members, and possibly screw ladies detained, their impunity was out of this world. 

In summary, the police were acting as illegal till gate operators, extortionists, kidnappers, armed robbers, 419 kingpins and rapists at the same time!

We should be careful not to provoke the masses next time because emotions can boil over into anarchy.
Re: I Don't Blame The Nigerian Police For Doing Shakara by iokpebholo: 6:29am On Oct 29, 2020
Let me tell u guys d truth, police are not in any way absent from duty as we think;fueling and maintenance of police vehicles was before now carried out by proceeds of corruption.No one cares how they go to work and maintain their vehicles,all we want is for them to perform magic.They have simply decided not to be corrupt and at d same time them no go use their meagre salary to fuel and maintain police vehicles.Pls no one should compare them with d RRS cos those guys are completely funded by d Lagos State govt in terms of allowance,fueling,car maintenance and insurance in case of eventuality

1 Like

Re: I Don't Blame The Nigerian Police For Doing Shakara by rossoki: 6:35am On Oct 29, 2020
Amitez:

Any officer not ready to work should resign. Are they doing it for free? Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeew!

They're doing it for very low pay which you wouldn't accept.
Re: I Don't Blame The Nigerian Police For Doing Shakara by feelme2020: 6:44am On Oct 29, 2020
rossoki:
Honestly, I don't really blame the Nigerian police for doing shakara, and refusing to return to work as usual.

An unofficial, undeclared, but impeccably timed strike.

This is a an organisation that has been the subject of so much abuse, vilification, and opprobrium from all sectors of society, including from overseas, from the British parliament all the way to Bill and Hillary Clinton, Kanye West, Rihanna, and Beyonce, over the last three weeks.

There have been blanket accusations of corruption and brutality of the service, with very little effort made to differentiate the 'good' from the 'bad' cops, or to acknowledge the overall role played by the police in ensuring security.

Hundreds of Nigerian policemen are killed each year fighting robbers and criminals.

While we sleep, they patrol our streets at night, at great personal risk to themselves.

They stand between us and the armed robbers.

Not Falz. Not Seun Kuti. Not Tiwa Savage or Beyonce.

Them.

Without them, we're toast.

We do not appreciate our police enough.

Rampaging mobs burnt down police stations indiscriminately, leaving many officers wondering where exactly the public expect them to 'return' to.

Meanwhile, robbers, pickpockets, kidnappers, street urchins and layabouts of various hue are licking their lips in anticipation of a police-less environment.

A hobbesian, dystopian, post-apocalyptic society in which they can unleash their full repertoire of terror on the nation with reckless abandon.

Should we launch a National Police Appreciation Day to get the men in blue to have a change of heart, and return to duty?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmS2Q2sng1A

Most Nigerians are shallow Minded and think everything is black and white. Police is important to any society and a society without police will be destroyed by criminals and Arsonists.
Nigerians dont think deeply about anything before they do it.
We are very knee jerk and instinctive
What is needed is that they should reinvent the police and flush out the bad eggs.
In fact, the #endsars protest is meant to fight for the welfare of police and end corruption in Nigerian police
and not eliminate it.
Cutting off a man's head is not the cure for headache. You dont burn down a house in order to kill a rat.
Nigerians can be shallow minded and funny

1 Like

Re: I Don't Blame The Nigerian Police For Doing Shakara by bethel13593: 8:07am On Oct 29, 2020
Don't worry, when hunger wire them and their families, they will return for the usual Roger.
Re: I Don't Blame The Nigerian Police For Doing Shakara by capitalzero: 8:12am On Oct 29, 2020
iokpebholo:
Let me tell u guys d truth, police are not in any way absent from duty as we think;fueling and maintenance of police vehicles was before now carried out by proceeds of corruption.No one cares how they go to work and maintain their vehicles,all we want is for them to perform magic.They have simply decided not to be corrupt and at d same time them no go use their meagre salary to fuel and maintain police vehicles.Pls no one should compare them with d RRS cos those guys are completely funded by d Lagos State govt in terms of allowance,fueling,car maintenance and insurance in case of eventuality

May God bless you for this comment but some online hoodlums are spitting foul smelling meconium- stained vomitus.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Blame The Nigerian Police For Doing Shakara by NoRetreat(m): 8:26am On Oct 29, 2020
longetivity:
we don't need yeye police in lasgidi, we got RRS
so, you don't know that the RRS is just a formation of the larger police command ?
Re: I Don't Blame The Nigerian Police For Doing Shakara by NoRetreat(m): 8:28am On Oct 29, 2020
bethel13593:
some policemen are far better than you think. If you had been threatened with death before, you will know that there is no amount of hunger or bribe that will ever make the police to be the same again.
Re: I Don't Blame The Nigerian Police For Doing Shakara by NoRetreat(m): 8:30am On Oct 29, 2020
vanbonattel:
Its a very unfortunate situation. I wish the police were smart enough to feel the temperature in the land of southern Nigeria since this year 2020. The police increased its brutality over the poor masses of Southern Nigeria to the point that innocent citizens preferred meeting with armed robbers than meeting with the police, armed robbers will rob you are flee, the police will abduct and rob you and still Rub their loot in your face, plus detain your family members, and possibly screw ladies detained, their impunity was out of this world. 

In summary, the police were acting as illegal till gate operators, extortionists, kidnappers, armed robbers, 419 kingpins and rapists at the same time!

We should be careful not to provoke the masses next time because emotions can boil over into anarchy.
now that the bubble has bursts, maybe, we should now be reporting to thugs and Agberos , since we prefer them to police.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Blame The Nigerian Police For Doing Shakara by mike8804: 8:53am On Oct 29, 2020
have learnt something in Nigeria, the government only listen to violence.... local vigilantes are more effective than all the security apparatus in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Those That Trekked In 2015 For Buhari Election How Una Dey? / FRSC To Carry Guns – Reps / Stop Ohanaeze Election, Arrest Nwodo, Others,lawyer Tells Security Agencies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.