Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Atychiphobia - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Atychiphobia (134 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Atychiphobia by planetpgold(m): 8:29am On Oct 29, 2020
Timothy Here Again,

Fear of failure (also called "atychiphobia"wink is when we allow that fear to stop us doing the things that can move us forward to achieve our goals.

9 months ago, I received a call from a business owner on his failure after one attempt in doing business, he quitted.

Frankly, he was having the fear of failure and the following were the 5 causes of his failure:

1. Lack of a well-defined purpose in life: he was living a 'garbage in, garbage out' life. He never sat down to strategize and draw a daily plan of achieving those goals.

2. Lack of ambition to aim above Status quo. he was comfortable with the status quo. He never wanted to aim higher which was why after his first attempt failed, he easily ran into his shell. I doubt most people actually intend to stay mediocre their entire lives.

3. Insufficiently applied education: I am not referring to school but self-thought knowledge of what you have applied or others who have done what you want to do. He went into business without finding out how it is been done from others.

4. Procrastination: This is definitely one of the biggest causes of failure. It’s actually one of the ones I struggled with the most when I was starting out as an entrepreneur. In seems in today’s society, people are becoming lazier and lazier as technology progresses.

5. Lack of persistence: It’s a lot easier to start something than it is to finish it. Especially in entrepreneurship, people tend to be excited about getting started, just like the above man but then quit at the first sign of defeat.

Dedicated to Your Vision and Success,
Tim Jibodu, FCA

P.S. Education is not only restricted to school which is why Professors in our universities are not the richest, because what most of them know is general knowledge. Whereas to rise above mediocrity, you need to get specialized knowledge, which is why the richest people in the world are not school educated.

Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg are classical examples. Hence, get your Financial Consultant in a Box. It is the specialized knowledge needed to survive in this new normal. Call or Chat Admin on 08082366372, 08090820787, 08106989785, 08055828090, 08085835127.

Don't procrastinate, don't wait for the right condition which may never come, so ACT NOW!!!

(1) (Reply)

Forbes 30 Under 30 2021 Nomination For Young Leaders Worldwide / Tidal Predictions / Opportunity To Learn International Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.