Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,335 members, 7,954,361 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:31 PM

Okrika101( Know The Nitty Gritty Of Buying And Selling Okrika Wears) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Okrika101( Know The Nitty Gritty Of Buying And Selling Okrika Wears) (1137 Views)

How Elon Musk Began His Journey Of Buying Twitter (throwback Photo) / Nigerian Lady Finds Dollar Notes In Okrika Bag She Bought / Tricyle Business In Nigeria: The Nitty-gritty. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okrika101( Know The Nitty Gritty Of Buying And Selling Okrika Wears) by abijoe1985(f): 12:51pm On Oct 29, 2020
hello guys, I created this thread to enlighten people on a side/main hustle that is usually over looked, it is selling of okrika, gwonjo, or akube as it is popularly known.
Due to the economic reality in Nigeria at the moment, buying new clothes may be out of reach for many Nigerians so the cheaper option is okrika, the market for this business is huge and inexhaustible so u will always get buyers for your items. Basically I will be discussing important areas of the business.

(1)who are the potential buyers/customers for your goods.
(2)How can I sell my goods quickly and get high turn over
(3) how can I make maximum profit from this business
(4) what are the challenges I am likely to face in this business

OK, so let me answer the first question,like earlier an average home in Nigeria depends on okrika to meet their fashion needs like clothes, shoes, bags, nightwear, hats, caps, e.t.c,.so there is a readily available market. you can decide to specialize in children clothes, or ladies tops, or ladies bags, e.t.c. or u can be like me, I sell whatever it is that I open. so my customers know they can get any of their clothing or accessories from me. it is advisable you start with one particular thing and move from there. As for me I started with children clothes, because this was what was lacking in my area, what even prompted me was that I needed to replace my son's clothes, I checked around and saw that there was no market for clothes around, I stay around Eleko (ibeju/lekki)axis,I had to take 400naira transport to ajah, even the clothes I saw were not of a high grade and so expensive, so I was determined to meet this need, that was how my journey into okrika business started, I discussed with my sister who stays on the mainland and she helped me source for a bale of children clothes. she purchased the bale for 120k ( it was grade AA) bale and sent to my location. I was really happen with her purchase because the clothe were of high quality. That is how I started calling people to come and check o,from neighbors, to church members, to colleagues at work, intact i was the answer to their prayers, I sold all within 2weeks, and made over 200k in sales minus the one that oga borrowed o. I was really happy, the only set back was most people paid my at the end of the month, which I didn't mind. so I have first hand experience and know that there is money in this business.let me stop here for now

1 Like

Re: Okrika101( Know The Nitty Gritty Of Buying And Selling Okrika Wears) by abijoe1985(f): 2:08pm On Oct 29, 2020
To answer the second question of how to sell and get high turn over, one way is calling those who resell to come and pick when you open the bale, whatever bid left u can resell to those around you. another way is the get a small space in markets for clothes, some have market on Mondays , Wednesdays and Fridays, you cab take your clothes there pay for temporary space, sell ur goods and move. The third way which Is similar to the second is selling at major bus stops in your area, If u own a car then it will make it easier for u. just load your Boot and locate busy bus stops around, ask for who is in charge, pay a token and start selling. The busiest times are usually in the evening from 4pm. so u can go to work or if u are a student u can start ur side hustle after lectures. This is the method that I used and it really worked for me. while I worked as a teacher,weekend was my hustling days, I usually go on Friday and Saturday, my husband would drive, and I did the sales. it really helped my family then. I longer count the days in the month waiting for pay day. for this method u go leave shame one side ooo,abi who shame EPP!!!. me too when I started I use to feel shy but when I started taking money home every weekend my morale was boosted.

1 Like

Re: Okrika101( Know The Nitty Gritty Of Buying And Selling Okrika Wears) by zinny377(f): 3:16pm On Oct 29, 2020
Am in Abuja please how can i start this business?
Re: Okrika101( Know The Nitty Gritty Of Buying And Selling Okrika Wears) by abijoe1985(f): 7:39pm On Oct 29, 2020
zinny377:
the major hurdle in this business is getting a trust worthy supplier, who can give u quality bale, because u don't want to buy a bale full of thrash, once you cross that hurdle u will enjoy the business. The reason for starting with bale is to optimize your profit. if you are ready you can contact me for guarantee quality bales(gradeAAA)you just do your market survey and see what will sell fast in your area, then you go from there. like I said the key is getting a supplier of quality bale, what we call boutique standard. Here is my No's for calls and WhatsApp 08166063458
Re: Okrika101( Know The Nitty Gritty Of Buying And Selling Okrika Wears) by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 7:45pm On Oct 29, 2020
zinny377:

Seems both you and the OP are one and the same person since you asked the same question on this thread; https://www.nairaland.com/5968399/how-make-lot-money-okrika
Re: Okrika101( Know The Nitty Gritty Of Buying And Selling Okrika Wears) by zinny377(f): 7:51pm On Oct 29, 2020
abijoe1985:
the major hurdle in this business is getting a trust worthy supplier, who can give u quality bale, because u don't want to buy a bale full of thrash, once you cross that hurdle u will enjoy the business. The reason for starting with bale is to optimize your profit. if you are ready you can contact me for guarantee quality bales(gradeAAA)you just do your market survey and see what will sell fast in your area, then you go from there. like I said the key is getting a supplier of quality bale, what we call boutique standard. Here is my No's for calls and WhatsApp 08166063458

Thanks a lot!
Re: Okrika101( Know The Nitty Gritty Of Buying And Selling Okrika Wears) by zinny377(f): 7:53pm On Oct 29, 2020
Nigeriahomebiz:

Seems both you and the OP are one and the same person since you asked the same question on this thread; https://www.nairaland.com/5968399/how-make-lot-money-okrika

Lol! I don't understand.
Re: Okrika101( Know The Nitty Gritty Of Buying And Selling Okrika Wears) by abijoe1985(f): 12:49pm On Oct 30, 2020
zinny377:

Lol! I don't understand.
leave him let him be forming detective. I dey tire for some nairaland people sef

1 Like

Re: Okrika101( Know The Nitty Gritty Of Buying And Selling Okrika Wears) by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 4:36pm On Oct 30, 2020
abijoe1985:
leave him let him be forming detective. I dey tire for some nairaland people sef

Madam face your topic and don't be distracted.

Don't also forget to copy more questions and adjust the answers from the original thread.
Re: Okrika101( Know The Nitty Gritty Of Buying And Selling Okrika Wears) by abijoe1985(f): 7:49pm On Oct 30, 2020
The third aspect I will be discussing is where and how to source for good bales to sell. one major market for okrika is katangua market located at super bus-stop, abule egba, there u can find different dealers, but you have to be careful not to fall into the wrong hands, as a lot of guys hustle there. Also make sure u don't show that you are a novice/jjc. There will try to take advantage of you. you might want to seek the help of someone who knows the market well to take you around and help you locate the importers.

1 Like

Re: Okrika101( Know The Nitty Gritty Of Buying And Selling Okrika Wears) by abijoe1985(f): 7:50pm On Oct 30, 2020
Nigeriahomebiz:

Madam face your topic and don't be distracted.

Don't also forget to copy more questions and adjust the answers from the original thread.
lol,kpele sho gbo
Re: Okrika101( Know The Nitty Gritty Of Buying And Selling Okrika Wears) by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 9:33am On Dec 16, 2020
Madam, what is happening?

It's been a while.

(1) (Reply)

List Of Franchise Businesess And Deallership Needed / In Need Of Bakery To Lease / What Business To Do With N500,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.