Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,810 members, 7,820,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

The Power To Sin No More - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Power To Sin No More (1244 Views)

What Happens To Those Who Hold On Tightly To Sin Instead Of Letting Go (picture) / What Does It Mean To "Sin Wilfully" In Hebrews 10:26? - Prince Gabriel Okocha / Masturbation Is A Sin, No Matter Your View About It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Power To Sin No More by Thattallgirl(f): 12:40am On Oct 30, 2020
Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
Romans 8:1, NASB

Today, I want to talk about how you can have a victorious thought life. My friend, the solution to temptations, sinful desires and thoughts is found in the very first verse of Romans 8: “Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” (By the way, some Bible translations, like the New King James Version, go on to say “who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.” This was added by the later Bible translators. In the oldest manuscripts of the New Testament available today, the Greek simply states, “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.”)

You may experience temptations and sinful thoughts from time to time, but right in the midst of that temptation, you need to know this: There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Notice that this verse is in the present tense. Right now, even if at this very moment, sinful thoughts are going through your mind, there is no condemnation because you are IN CHRIST JESUS! Are we then to sit still and entertain those sinful thoughts? Of course not.

Sin cannot take root in a person who is full of the consciousness that he is righteous in Christ. You cannot stop birds from flying over your head, but you can certainly stop a bird from building a nest on your head. In the same way, you cannot stop temptations, sinful thoughts and desires from passing through your mind, but you can certainly stop yourself from acting on these temptations, sinful thoughts and desires. How? By confessing at the very moment of temptation that you are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus!

The power of Jesus to overcome every temptation kicks in when you remain conscious that even at the point of temptation, Jesus is still with you and that you are righteous in Him apart from your works (Romans 4:6)! When you do that, you reject the condemnation for the temptation that you faced. You now have the power of Christ to rise above your temptation and to rest in your righteous identity in Christ apart from your works. That, beloved, is the overcoming life in Christ!

-From Joseph Prince Daily Meditate Devotional
Re: The Power To Sin No More by Kobojunkie: 1:15am On Oct 30, 2020
Thattallgirl:
Today, I want to talk about how you can have a victorious thought life. My friend, the solution to temptations, sinful desires and thoughts is found in the very first verse of Romans 8: “Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” (By the way, some Bible translations, like the New King James Version, go on to say “who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.” This was added by the later Bible translators. In the oldest manuscripts of the New Testament available today, the Greek simply states, “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.”)

You may experience temptations and sinful thoughts from time to time, but right in the midst of that temptation, you need to know this: There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. Notice that this verse is in the present tense. Right now, even if at this very moment, sinful thoughts are going through your mind, there is no condemnation because you are IN CHRIST JESUS! Are we then to sit still and entertain those sinful thoughts? Of course not.
The condemnation of sin that Paul wrote of is the condemnation of sin that is death. Everyone who believes in Jesus Christ is saved from the condemnation of sin i.e. such a one will never die(perish in the grave) but has everlasting life. The gift of Eternal life is irrevocable, meaning that even if a believer continues in sin, even such a believer will never be condemned to die again. Instead, a different punishment awaits those who believe, yet continue in sin i.e. refuse to obey the commandments of Jesus Christ.

Thattallgirl:
Sin cannot take root in a person who is full of the consciousness that he is righteous in Christ. You cannot stop birds from flying over your head, but you can certainly stop a bird from building a nest on your head. In the same way, you cannot stop temptations, sinful thoughts and desires from passing through your mind, but you can certainly stop yourself from acting on these temptations, sinful thoughts and desires. How? By confessing at the very moment of temptation that you are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus!

The power of Jesus to overcome every temptation kicks in when you remain conscious that even at the point of temptation, Jesus is still with you and that you are righteous in Him apart from your works (Romans 4:6)! When you do that, you reject the condemnation for the temptation that you faced. You now have the power of Christ to rise above your temptation and to rest in your righteous identity in Christ apart from your works. That, beloved, is the overcoming life in Christ!
Reading through some of the first paragraph here, I just could not help thinking that the Pharisees must have thought the same of themselves too. They must have felt that so long as they carried out the commanded rituals of the old Law, they were safe to continue living as they did as they were cleansed of all sins, and as children of their father Abraham, their righteousness was guaranteed them.
Re: The Power To Sin No More by Thattallgirl(f): 8:51am On Oct 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
The condemnation of sin that Paul wrote of is the condemnation of sin that is death. Everyone who believes in Jesus Christ is saved from the condemnation of sin i.e. such a one will never die(perish in the grave) but has everlasting life. The gift of Eternal life is irrevocable, meaning that even if a believer continues in sin, even such a believer will never be condemned to die again. Instead, a different punishment awaits those who believe, yet continue in sin i.e. refuse to obey the commandments of Jesus Christ.

Reading through some of the first paragraph here, I just could not help thinking that the Pharisees must have thought the same of themselves too. They must have felt that so long as they carried out the commanded rituals of the old Law, they were safe to continue living as they did as they were cleansed of all sins, and as children of their father Abraham, their righteousness was guaranteed them.
Did the Bible actually write condemnation means grave? Or that's just your own interpretation?

And Romans 6:1-6 has your answer to what you said about the Pharisees. And someone with a true revelation of who he is in Christ, won't wanna go ahead to sin.

This is what I believe and know to be the truth as is written boldly in the Bible...not me giving it my own words. You don't need to quote me, nothing u say will take this truth from me, thanks.
Re: The Power To Sin No More by Dtruthspeaker: 10:13am On Oct 30, 2020
Thattallgirl:
Did the Bible actually write condemnation means grave? Or that's just your own interpretation?

And Romans 6:1-6 has your answer to what you said about the Pharisees. And someone with a true revelation of who he is in Christ, won't wanna go ahead to sin.

This is what I believe and know to be the truth as is written boldly in the Bible...not me giving it my own words. You don't need to quote me, nothing u say will take this truth from me, thanks.

He always comes to disseminate this his unfounded, self created and wishful thinking that there is are 2 types of Condemnation.
Re: The Power To Sin No More by Thattallgirl(f): 10:16am On Oct 30, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

He always comes to disseminate this his unfounded, self created and wishful thinking that there is are 2 types of Condemnation.

Sigh I really don't get him
Re: The Power To Sin No More by Dtruthspeaker: 10:26am On Oct 30, 2020
Thattallgirl:
Sigh I really don't get him

He is quite an intelligent person (what the world calls an intelligent person anyway) whose intelligence only recently kicked in after he saw that he was foolish, as he disclosed via his experiences.

Unfortunately, he has not learnt and has refused to learn that intelligence is another type of foolishness which men fall into!

But I guess it has to run its course like his previous foolish ways.

Therefore he is a classic example of "shall a fountain bring forth both bitter and sweet waters? Answer, Yes, his name is kobojunkie!
Re: The Power To Sin No More by Thattallgirl(f): 10:34am On Oct 30, 2020
Are you struggling with addictions or fear or any other thing that makes you doubt if you're a Christian? If yes, have u been able to overcome such temptations or addictions by listening to "10 ways to overcome this", "15 ways to overcome that"? Have u also been to overcome such temptations and addictions based on your own self efforts? The answer is no!

When Christ said cast all your cares upon Him, it means all. All means all! Including your anxiety, worries, fears, addictions, temptations etc. For He cares for you. How then can u overcome such temptations or addictions? By believing that when Christ died, He took away all your sins, anxiety, worries, fears, addictions and temptations and gave u His righteousness. There was a divine exchange on the cross!

How am I able to advise you on this? Cos I used to be addicted for years. I only got delivered few years back. And how did I overcome this addiction? I didn't overcome it by relying on my own self efforts, cos trust me, I tried and tried and struggled and rebuked and rebuked the enemy, nothing happened.

How then did I overcome it? I depended on the Unmerited Favor of God and understood who I am in Christ by believing and confessing that I am the righteousness of God in Christ each time I found myself in such situations. That Christ Jesus already took away all of my unrighteousness and gave me His righteousness. Now did this revelation make me go on to sin? Like some people will say? No! Instead I got delivered from my addiction. Do u like struggling or u just wanna rest in Christ? For me I just wanna rest in Christ. I hope this helps whoever needs this.
Re: The Power To Sin No More by Thattallgirl(f): 10:40am On Oct 30, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

He is quite an intelligent person (what the world calls an intelligent person anyway) whose intelligence only recently kicked in after he saw that he was foolish, as he disclosed via his experiences.

Unfortunately, he has not learnt and has refused to learn that intelligence is another type of foolishness which men fall into!

But I guess it has to run its course like his previous foolish ways.

Therefore he is a classic example of "shall a fountain bring forth both bitter and sweet waters? Answer, Yes, his name is kobojunkie!
I understand your point. My prayer for him is to see that his self efforts means that Christ died in vain. He can't obey all the commandments without Christ. But he thinks he can. He said sometime ago that none of the commandments is hard to obey What you said about him is deep though. I only pray he asks God for understanding on what the truth really is.
Re: The Power To Sin No More by Dtruthspeaker: 1:20pm On Oct 30, 2020
Thattallgirl:
I understand your point. My prayer for him is to see that his self efforts means that Christ died in vain. He can't obey all the commandments without Christ. But he thinks he can. He said sometime ago that none of the commandments is hard to obey What you said about him is deep though. I only pray he asks God for understanding on what the truth really is.

The World is Made and Established in Truth, The Truth Which The Lord, Who Made the world has even told us from the beginning without any variation or deviation.

Since he has now awakened from his former follow-follow, I pray that he would soon quickly see that The way of The Lord is not found with intelligence and diligent search but with humility and the Truth of the Soul.
Re: The Power To Sin No More by Thattallgirl(f): 1:49pm On Oct 30, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

The World is Made and Established in Truth, The Truth Which The Lord, Who Made the world has even told us from the beginning without any variation or deviation.

Since he has now awakened from his former follow-follow, I pray that he would soon quickly see that The way of The Lord is not found with intelligence and diligent search but with humility and the Truth of the Soul.
What I've even been posting are the basics. What if I post about Holy Communion and how we're to be partaking of it everyday in remembrance of Him...cos how often are we to remember Christ? Also, it brings about healings and restoration in our lives. I wonder the backlash I'll receive lol.
Re: The Power To Sin No More by Dtruthspeaker: 3:28pm On Oct 30, 2020
Thattallgirl:
What I've even been posting are the basics. What if I post about Holy Communion and how we're to be partaking of it everyday in remembrance of Him...cos how often are we to remember Christ? Also, it brings about healings and restoration in our lives. I wonder the backlash I'll receive lol.

cheesy my first answer would be that it is a shame on any of us, to even forget The Lord for an instant.

However, I know that we are coming from the place where we knew Him not to Join Him at a Place Where He is and from thence, to continue with Him and His Father (Our Father Also), Forever.

John 14:23
"If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

When we live with Him and He with us, then the Law of the Communion is Fully Filled, for now,. where communion was necessary because we did not know Him very well, it is fulfilled because we have found His Love and His Delights, therefore, we live Threegether that is Us, Him, And His Father cheesy (Another Trinity).
Re: The Power To Sin No More by Thattallgirl(f): 4:25pm On Oct 30, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

cheesy my first answer would be that it is a shame on any of us, to even forget The Lord for an instant.

However, I know that we are coming from the place where we knew Him not to Join Him at a Place Where He is and from thence, to continue with Him and His Father (Our Father Also), Forever.

John 14:23
"If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

When we live with Him and He with us, then the Law of the Communion is Fully Filled, for now,. where communion was necessary because we did not know Him very well, it is fulfilled because we have found His Love and His Delights, therefore, we live Threegether that is Us, Him, And His Father cheesy (Another Trinity).
Lol this one is different from what I believe sha cheesy
Re: The Power To Sin No More by Kobojunkie: 5:39pm On Oct 30, 2020
Thattallgirl:
Um.... well, if you are somehow trying to make it about the word "condemnation" and "grave" it is not a good idea to so such, that said.

In the New testament, you are reminded in the Gospel of John that the condemnation which has existed from the beginning, for sin, is in fact death.

John 3 vs 16-21 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16. “For God so loved the world,[i] that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
17. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.
19. And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.
20. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.
21. But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”
And if you need to learn of where God set the wages of Sin to death, then you should go back to Genesis, In Genesis 2, He warned Man of the consequence of disobeying Him in Chapter 2.

Genesis 2 vs 15-17 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Then the Lord God took [d]the man and put him in the garden of Eden to [e]tend and keep it.
16. And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat;
17. but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you[f] shall surely die.”

When Man did fall, God pronounced what is called the "condemnation of sin", that is death upon Man in full, and since then even the descendants of man(those who made it to the promised land, at least) were unable to escape it.

Genesis 3 vs 17-19 (ERV)
17. Then to Adam He said, “Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat of it’: “Cursed is the ground for your sake; In toil you shall eat of it All the days of your life.
18. Both thorns and thistles it shall [f]bring forth for you, And you shall eat the herb of the field.
19. In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread Till you return to the ground, For out of it you were taken; For dust you are, And to dust you shall return.”

And this because since man did not get a chance of eating the fruit of the tree of life, and so the end for all men who sinned was the grave. And by the way, when God said man would die/perish, He did not mean man's body .... God meant the entirety of the man i.e. mind, body and soul was to perish in the grave(die).

Genesis 3 vs 22-24 (ERV)
22. Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, to know good and evil. And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever”—
23. therefore the Lord God sent him out of the garden of Eden to till the ground from which he was taken.
24. So He drove out the man; and He placed cherubim at the east of the garden of Eden, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to guard the way to the tree of life.
Thattallgirl:
The entire book of Romans was written not only to those who believe but to those who believe and follower after Jesus Christ in all wise... something the Pharisees did not do.
The book of romans does not in anyway provide any answer to what I stated earlier about the Pharisees... only Jesus Christ has answers of any kind.
Thattallgirl:
The Truth of God is found in the Gospels written about Jesus Christ, not in the letters written by Paul... for way too many have been misled and misled others through their many assumptions about what Paul in fact wrote. Read through the gospels to learn of Jesus Christ, the TRUTH AND LIFE AND WAY!
Re: The Power To Sin No More by Dtruthspeaker: 6:19pm On Oct 30, 2020
Thattallgirl:
Lol this one is different from what I believe sha cheesy

cheesy I do understand, just that I noticed that all the admonishings in the Bible head in One Direction, that is, the Perfect Union between man and God, hence the reason for my response.
Re: The Power To Sin No More by Thattallgirl(f): 6:43pm On Oct 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Um.... well, if you are somehow trying to make it about the word "condemnation" and "grave" it is not a good idea to so such, that said.

In the New testament, you are reminded in the Gospel of John that the condemnation which has existed from the beginning, for sin, is in fact death.

And if you need to learn of where God set the wages of Sin to death, then you should go back to Genesis, In Genesis 2, He warned Man of the consequence of disobeying Him in Chapter 2.

When Man did fall, God pronounced what is called the "condemnation of sin", that is death upon Man in full, and since then even the descendants of man(those who made it to the promised land, at least) were unable to escape it.

And this because since man did not get a chance of eating the fruit of the tree of life, and so the end for all men who sinned was the grave. And by the way, when God said man would die/perish, He did not mean man's body .... God meant the entirety of the man i.e. mind, body and soul was to perish in the grave(die).

The entire book of Romans was written not only to those who believe but to those who believe and follower after Jesus Christ in all wise... something the Pharisees did not do.
The book of romans does not in anyway provide any answer to what I stated earlier about the Pharisees... only Jesus Christ has answers of any kind.
The Truth of God is found in the Gospels written about Jesus Christ, not in the letters written by Paul... for way too many have been misled and misled others through their many assumptions about what Paul in fact wrote. Read through the gospels to learn of Jesus Christ, the TRUTH AND LIFE AND WAY!
If you're unable to show where Romans Chapter 8 said condemnation means death, then stop going round and round to justify your own definition of condemnation.

You without hesitation quote verses different from Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John to justify your own definition of the gospel. But when someone else does that (something different from what u believe), u say the person should stick to the four gospels. If the books from Act to Revelation aren't important in the gospel of grace, why else are they there? You think God doesn't have a reason they're there?

But u choose to stick to these four books, then pls by all means, don't quote from the old testament or any other books apart from these four. Infact sef, book of Revelation is useless right?

Every book in the Bible has its usefulness in the gospel of Grace!
Re: The Power To Sin No More by Thattallgirl(f): 6:44pm On Oct 30, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

cheesy I do understand, just that I noticed that all the admonishings in the Bible head in One Direction, that is, the Perfect Union between man and God, hence the reason for my response.
Lol it's no problem. We all have what we believe and hold on to.
Re: The Power To Sin No More by Kobojunkie: 7:07pm On Oct 30, 2020
Thattallgirl:
If you're unable to show where Romans Chapter 8 said condemnation means death, then stop going round and round to justify your own definition of condemnation.

You without hesitation quote verses different from Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John to justify your own definition of the gospel. But when someone else does that (something different from what u believe), u say the person should stick to the four gospels. If the books from Act to Revelation aren't important in the gospel of grace, why else are they there? You think God doesn't have a reason they're there?

But u choose to stick to these four books, then pls by all means, don't quote from the old testament or any other books apart from these four. Infact sef, book of Revelation is useless right?

Every book in the Bible has its usefulness in the gospel of Grace!
OMG! You really expected me to show that condemnation means death in Romans 8 for you to believe it is what Paul was referring to? WOW!!

Wait a second... Isn't the Gospel taught by Jesus Christ found in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John? And if so, shouldn't even the teachings of Paul (or whatever interpretation you choose to give it) have some roots in the gospel taught by Jesus Christ Himself? If not, is your understanding still valid according to the Gospel as presented by Jesus Christ?

A majority of the doctrines and rules of men taught today in mainstream Christianity are based on various interpretations of the letters of the apostles, interpretations that remain disconnected from the very Gospel taught by Jesus Christ Himself. Whatever is disconnected from the gospel as taught by Jesus Christ Himself is NOT a part of the Gospel that Jesus Christ taught but instead a lie. Jesus Christ warned His followers over and over against such lies -- doctrines and traditions built on lies that are of men, and not of Him.

Back to Romans 8, the letters written by Paul were, again, written to those who have a solid understanding of the teachings of Jesus Christ, even as presented in the Gospel, something a whole lot of people who quote his teachings seem to lack. With a very good understanding of what Jesus Christ, in fact, taught His followers as detailed in the gospels (not picked apart), you would immediately note that whenever Paul wrote of the condemnation/wages of sin, he meant the same thing that was referred to in the gospels as far as the relationship between sin and death is concerned. After all, Paul was supposedly a follower of Jesus Christ, and Jesus Christ did say that He did not come to condemn, but to save, and what did He, Jesus Christ, come to save mankind from? He came to save them from the condemnation of sin, that is death.... which God established from the very beginning.

What grinds my gears is how easily the writings of Paul are easily misconstrued by so many who do not even bother to first have a grounding in the teachings of Jesus Christ Himself. Jesus Christ is the Truth of God... Paul's words are his, Paul's word and anyone who wants to learn the truth of God must be willing to learn it from the Master Himself, not from the servant. The words of the servant have to be weighed against the words of the Master in order to understand how truthful it may be... How can one accurately measure the "truthfulness" of the words written if one is not solidly acquainted with the standard against which to measure?
Re: The Power To Sin No More by Thattallgirl(f): 9:28pm On Oct 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
OMG! You really expected me to show that condemnation means death in Romans 8 for you to believe it is what Paul was referring to? WOW!!

Wait a second... Isn't the Gospel taught by Jesus Christ found in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John? And if so, shouldn't even the teachings of Paul (or whatever interpretation you choose to give it) have some roots in the gospel taught by Jesus Christ Himself? If not, is your understanding still valid according to the Gospel as presented by Jesus Christ?

A majority of the doctrines and rules of men taught today in mainstream Christianity are based on various interpretations of the letters of the apostles, interpretations that remain disconnected from the very Gospel taught by Jesus Christ Himself. Whatever is disconnected from the gospel as taught by Jesus Christ Himself is NOT a part of the Gospel that Jesus Christ taught but instead a lie. Jesus Christ warned His followers over and over against such lies -- doctrines and traditions built on lies that are of men, and not of Him.

Back to Romans 8, the letters written by Paul were, again, written to those who have a solid understanding of the teachings of Jesus Christ, even as presented in the Gospel, something a whole lot of people who quote his teachings seem to lack. With a very good understanding of what Jesus Christ, in fact, taught His followers as detailed in the gospels (not picked apart), you would immediately note that whenever Paul wrote of the condemnation/wages of sin, he meant the same thing that was referred to in the gospels as far as the relationship between sin and death is concerned. After all, Paul was supposedly a follower of Jesus Christ, and Jesus Christ did say that He did not come to condemn, but to save, and what did He, Jesus Christ, come to save mankind from? He came to save them from the condemnation of sin, that is death.... which God established from the very beginning.

What grinds my gears is how easily the writings of Paul are easily misconstrued by so many who do not even bother to first have a grounding in the teachings of Jesus Christ Himself. Jesus Christ is the Truth of God... Paul's words are his, Paul's word and anyone who wants to learn the truth of God must be willing to learn it from the Master Himself, not from the servant. The words of the servant have to be weighed against the words of the Master in order to understand how truthful it may be... How can one accurately measure the "truthfulness" of the words written if one is not solidly acquainted with the standard against which to measure?
Lol you're still going round and round. You're taking the text out of the context and making it a con. We need to take the word of God as it was given. Not by us saying "this is what he meant" or "that was what he was driving at". By doing that, you're giving it your own definition.

And there's a root or a link between the other books and what Jesus said. For example, Jesus said He has come to fulfill the law not abolish it. Paul said our righteousness is from Christ. Who else should our righteousness be from? From ourselves? Lol my dear, I wish u the best in your knowledge. You really have no point to me.
Re: The Power To Sin No More by Kobojunkie: 9:57pm On Oct 30, 2020
Thattallgirl:
Lol you're still going round and round. You're taking the text out of the context and making it a con. We need to take the word of God as it was given. Not by us saying "this is what he meant" or "that was what he was driving at". By doing that, you're giving it your own definition.
1. Show me where exactly I did the above at least.
2. Who is the word of God in this case? Your Bible in it's entirety or Jesus Christ as told you by Jesus Christ Himself?
3. I don't recall saying anything like "This is what Jesus Christ meant", so where do you get that from?

Thattallgirl:
And there's a root or a link between the other books and what Jesus said. For example, Jesus said He has come to fulfill the law not abolish it. Paul said our righteousness is from Christ. Who else should our righteousness be from? From ourselves? Lol my dear, I wish u the best in your knowledge. You really have no point to me.

4. The books? Where do you have me saying that the root (foundation every follower must first have in Jesus Christ) or link is in the books?
5. What has Jesus Christ's statement on fulfilling the Old Covenant law to do with what Paul said of our righteousness being from Jesus Christ and not the Old Covenant?

Every entry in each book contained in the Bible is written in plain old human language, by human hands, processed by human minds, and meant to be read and processed by human minds. One requirement in understanding or communicating in human language, any, is basic comprehension skills, and that is what is needed to understand the connecting details in each book/letter even in the Bible.

Paul wrote to others who he assumed were born again like he was, of things that only those who were born again ought to have an understanding of - an understanding they, of course, should have gotten from the teachings of Jesus Christ Himself... teachings that are written of in the gospels. Without that base understanding of the Gospel as taught by Jesus Christ, it is near impossible to in fact connect Paul's writings with anything that Jesus Christ Himself taught. Paul knew this and did not want to teach a message different from that which had already been taught to Jesus Christ's followers by Jesus Christ Himself, that is why he directed His letters, not to those who were not already followers of Jesus Christ(believers who obey) but to those who do and understand why it is they must.
Re: The Power To Sin No More by Thattallgirl(f): 10:04pm On Oct 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
1. Show me where exactly I did the above at least.
2. Who is the word of God in this case? Your Bible in it's entirety or Jesus Christ as told you by Jesus Christ Himself?
3. I don't recall saying anything like "This is what Jesus Christ meant", so where do you get that from?

4. The books? Where do you have me saying that the root (foundation every follower must first have in Jesus Christ) or link is in the books?
5. What has Jesus Christ's statement on fulfilling the Old Covenant law to do with what Paul said of our righteousness being from Jesus Christ and not the Old Covenant?

Every entry in each book contained in the Bible is written in plain old human language, by human hands, processed by human minds, and meant to be read and processed by human minds. One requirement in understanding or communicating in human language, any, is basic comprehension skills, and that is what is needed to understand the connecting details in each book/letter even in the Bible.

Paul wrote to others who he assumed were born again like he was, of things that only those who were born again ought to have an understanding of - an understanding they, of course, should have gotten from the teachings of Jesus Christ Himself... teachings that are written of in the gospels. Without that base understanding of the Gospel as taught by Jesus Christ, it is near impossible to in fact connect Paul's writings with anything that Jesus Christ Himself taught. Paul knew this and did not want to teach a message different from that which had already been taught to Jesus Christ's followers by Jesus Christ Himself, that is why he directed His letters, not to those who were not already followers of Jesus Christ(believers who obey) but to those who do and understand why it is they must.
Pray Ephesians 1:17-19 for yourself. You really need it. We all do. I won't be surprised if your next quote will be "I don't need it" or "I know all I need to know". If it's neither then you still have a long way to go. Goodnight
Re: The Power To Sin No More by Kobojunkie: 10:20pm On Oct 30, 2020
Thattallgirl:
Pray Ephesians 1:17-19 for yourself. You really need it. We all do. I won't be surprised if your next quote will be "I don't need it" or "I know all I need to know". If it's neither then you still have a long way to go. Goodnight
So, you again won't respond to the questions posed.. questions about the claims made by your person? undecided
Re: The Power To Sin No More by Thattallgirl(f): 10:23pm On Oct 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
So, you again won't respond to the questions posed.. questions about the claims made by your person? undecided
It's a dead end entertaining you. I'm not gonna do that.
Re: The Power To Sin No More by Kobojunkie: 10:27pm On Oct 30, 2020
Thattallgirl:
It's a dead end entertaining you. I'm not gonna do that.
A dead end? A call to respond to questions about claims made by your person mean you are at a dead end? undecided
Re: The Power To Sin No More by Thattallgirl(f): 8:54am On Nov 04, 2020
Thattallgirl:

Re: The Power To Sin No More by Thattallgirl(f): 10:16am On Nov 07, 2020
Thattallgirl:

A reminder!
Re: The Power To Sin No More by Thattallgirl(f): 10:06pm On Dec 26, 2020
Thattallgirl:

Hallelujah!
Re: The Power To Sin No More by Thattallgirl(f): 8:41pm On Jan 01, 2021
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Bet On The Son / An Evangelical Rethink On Divorce? / Was Adam Created Perfect?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.