Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Lawmaker Of The Year: I'll Continue To Be A Model For Youths — Hon. Kalu Pledges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawmaker Of The Year: I'll Continue To Be A Model For Youths — Hon. Kalu Pledges (226 Views)

Zahra Buhari Promises Endsars Protesters: I'll Continue To Help You / Many Hearty Cheers To A Placid Leader Of The Youths: Hon. Igoche Mark / Tonto Dikeh Decorates Dino Melaye As The Most Outstanding Lawmaker Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lawmaker Of The Year: I'll Continue To Be A Model For Youths — Hon. Kalu Pledges by Metrix147: 9:39am On Oct 30, 2020
The member representing Bende federal constituency Abia State and the chairman House of Representatives Committee on Media and Public Affairs, Hon. Benjamin Kalu has assured that he will continue to make the young people see a model in him.

He further pledged to bring vibrancy and innovations in the business of lawmaking as well as serving Nigerians with useful information on the activities of the House of Representatives as its official Spokesperson.

In an interaction with ABN TV in Abuja while reacting to his nomination and eventual victory as the best lawmaker of the year 2020 in Igbere TV Leadership Excellence Award, Hon. Kalu while acknowledging that the youth community is his immediate constituency assured that he will not fail them.

While expressing appreciation over his award as the best lawmaker of the year, Hon. Kalu said as, at a period when the youths crave effective performance, he will continue to fly the flag high to inspire them.

"I want the youths to look at me and get inspired, believing that it is doable. I want them to believe that our generation has a lot to offer in good governance and I feel good for the nomination and victory" he stated.

While further revealing that a lot of work are put in place in the business of lawmaking, representation, and oversight, especially for those committed in making impact, Hon. Kalu added that the sincerity of purpose and time is required.

"When you are doing it with your eye on delivering, and the people you are doing it for are voting for you, saying 'we're supporting you, ride on' it increases your job satisfaction, it's fulfilling and it motivates. There is no other way you will reward me rather than appreciating me.

"I'm humbled, I give all the glory to God because it's not of him that soweth, it's not of him that watereth, it's of God that giveth the increase.

"And it's not of him that willeth, it's not of him that runneth, it's of the Lord that brings the victory at the end of the day. I give glory to God and equally thank my constituents for finding me worthy to represent them.

"It wasn't my money that bought them, there were richer people, it wasn't my eloquence that bought them, there were better speakers. But having watched me in the last 18 years serve them in various capacities, they thought it was time for me to come to the federal level to serve them" he said.

Describing the people of Bende federal constituency as his employers, the lawmaker assured that he is committed to bringing a rich performance report by which the people shall rate his success as their representative.

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/2020/10/lawmaker-of-the-year-ill-continue-to-be-a-model-for-youths-hon-kalu-pledges/

Cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: Lawmaker Of The Year: I'll Continue To Be A Model For Youths — Hon. Kalu Pledges by Acekidc4(m): 9:40am On Oct 30, 2020
So it is Lawmaking Abia People will Chop abi.....my friend will you gerrarahere and go Create Jobs for unemployed People Before appreciating Award wey you no deserve.

(1) (Reply)

Endsars: Inside Pmb’s Parley With Former Heads Of State — Femi Adesina / Ayade - Foreign Powers Will Prey If Nigeria Slides Into Civil Strife. / Pensioners Block Major Road In Calabar To Protest Non-payment of Pension. VIDEOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.