Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Things I Personally Like In Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Things I Personally Like In Islam (528 Views)

Palm Wine In Islam / Family Planning In Islam / Artificial Insemination To Get A Child: Is It A Sin In Islam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things I Personally Like In Islam by IMAliyu(m): 12:08am On Oct 31, 2020
A fellow Nairalander suggested that I make a thread about the things I like in Islam, and I've given it some thought, and decided why not.

This will not be a thread by me to spark up any debate or arguments although discussions are welcomed, just a list of ideas, practices, traditions and sayings etc. I personally like.

The list will not be in any particular order, and will be updated (more things added) at my convenience.

1 Like

Re: Things I Personally Like In Islam by IMAliyu(m): 12:13am On Oct 31, 2020
1. "O ye who believe! Shun much suspicion; for lo! some suspicion is a crime." (49:12)

If an evil-liver bring you tidings, verify it, lest ye smite some folk in ignorance and afterward repent of what ye did. (49:6)

Suspicion being a sin

1 Like

Re: Things I Personally Like In Islam by IMAliyu(m): 12:18am On Oct 31, 2020
We all atleast have some knowledge or experience of what happens when distrust grows between people and the dangers of raising suspicion without providing evidence/proof to back it up.

As the society of man is built upon trust, and trust is the most valuable of commodities, suspicion should not be taken lightly, and the burden of proof lays on the one who would make claims.

1 Like

Re: Things I Personally Like In Islam by IMAliyu(m): 12:33am On Oct 31, 2020
1Sharon:
I like the peaceful beheadings.
Take note this thread is not me ignoring the shadow that lingers over Islam and criticisms about it.
I possess ones of my own, which I've expressed on occasions in the past, but this is not the subject of this thread.

If you want to have a discussion about this, we can do it in a different one.

2 Likes

Re: Things I Personally Like In Islam by IMAliyu(m): 1:46am On Oct 31, 2020
2. The none debt based financial model and the non interest banking.

I know that Muslims are not the creators of non interest banking, however though they are the major proponents of it.

To add I don't dislike traditional banking, but on paper the method of the NII Banks sounds better.

What I do like about non interest Islamic Banking is unlike traditional banks they share a part of the risk in the loans they give. It's not necessarily even a loan, more of a business agreement.
They will own a part of say the business you want to start up and you share the profits/loss for an agreed upon time or amount, instead of just paying interest and because of this they are more incentivized to scrutinize who they give money to.

Traditional banks, while it's similarly hard to get loans from them, when they do give it out, it's more disconnected and they share no risk with you, and you pay up upon maturity, extend duration and pay more interest or lose your collateral.

And the opposition to the credit/debt concept of money.

1 Like

Re: Things I Personally Like In Islam by Xmuslim: 3:35am On Oct 31, 2020
Islam encourage justice, equity and honesty in some quranic verses and hadiths. If I come across verses and Hadiths that support these claims I will bring them forward.

I know some other part of the religion(Islam) encourage injustice against non-Muslim though, but that's a topic for another thread.

3 Likes

Re: Things I Personally Like In Islam by motayoayinde: 6:30am On Oct 31, 2020
IMAliyu:
1. "O ye who believe! Shun much suspicion; for lo! some suspicion is a crime." (49:12)

If an evil-liver bring you tidings, verify it, lest ye smite some folk in ignorance and afterward repent of what ye did. (49:6)

Suspicion being a sin

THANKS BRO.

SUSPICION IS THE REASON WHY THE TWO MAJOR RELIGIONS IN THIS COUNTRY ARE ALWAYS AT EACH OTHER'S THROAT.
Re: Things I Personally Like In Islam by motayoayinde: 6:32am On Oct 31, 2020
IMAliyu:
2. The none debt based financial model and the non interest banking.

I know that Muslims are not the creators of non interest banking, however though they are the major proponents of it.

To add I don't dislike traditional banking, but on paper the method of the NII Banks sounds better.

What I do like about non interest Islamic Banking is unlike traditional banks they share a part of the risk in the loans they give. It's not necessarily even a loan, more of a business agreement.
They will own a part of say the business you want to start up and you share the profits/loss for an agreed upon time or amount, instead of just paying interest and because of this they are more incentivized to scrutinize who they give money to.

Traditional banks, while it's similarly hard to get loans from them, when they do give it out, it's more disconnected and they share no risk with you, and you pay up upon maturity, extend duration and pay more interest or lose your collateral.

And the opposition to the credit/debt concept of money.

INTEREST BASED BANKING PLAY A MAJOR ROLE IN PLUNGING THE WORLD INTO MESSY FINANCIAL CRISES FROM TIME TO TIME
Re: Things I Personally Like In Islam by motayoayinde: 6:36am On Oct 31, 2020
Xmuslim:
Islam encourage justice, equity and honesty in some quranic verses and hadiths. If I come across verses and Hadiths that support these claims I will bring them forward.

I know some other part of the religion(Islam) encourage injustice against non-Muslim though, but that's a topic for another thread.

HERE GOES MY FIRST LIKE FOR EXMUSLIM.

ACKNOWLEDGING WHAT YOUR OPPONENTS DO WELL IN PUTS YOU IN A BETTER LIGHT.
Re: Things I Personally Like In Islam by IMAliyu(m): 6:52pm On Oct 31, 2020
3. Emphasis on privacy.

'Do not spy on one another' (49:12);
'Do not enter any houses except your own homes unless you are sure of their occupants' consent' (24:27)

Atleast in the texts.
I reality though, I don't think some people got the memo. Especially with some of the nonsense Hisbah are pulling in some states.

1 Like

Re: Things I Personally Like In Islam by Xmuslim: 3:57am On Nov 01, 2020
IMAliyu:
3. Emphasis on privacy.

'Do not spy on one another' (49:12);
'Do not enter any houses except your own homes unless you are sure of their occupants' consent' (24:27)

Atleast in the texts.
I reality though, I don't think some people got the memo. Especially with some of the nonsense Hisbah are pulling in some states.
I love this part about Islam too.

(1) (Reply)

Can A Muslim Kiss His Wife In Public ? / Stop! / I Ain't Afraid Of Your God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.