Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:35 AM

Jesus' Peace Sets You Up For Success - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus' Peace Sets You Up For Success (387 Views)

Forbidden Sex-mates: 12 Sets Of People You Must Never Have Sex With / Maraji Preaches Jesus On Salah Day, Sets Social Media On Fire / Isaiah 4:1, 7 Women Begging A Man To Marry Them - Sets Facebook On Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus' Peace Sets You Up For Success by Thattallgirl(f): 12:37am On Oct 31, 2020
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.
1 John 4:18

Jesus gives you His shalom to set you up for success in life. You cannot be a success in your marriage, family and career when you are crippled and paralyzed with fear. Today, as you are reading this, I believe with all my heart that Jesus has already begun a work in your heart to liberate you from all your fears, whatever they may be. They may be the fear of failure, the fear of success, the fear of people’s opinions of you or even the fear that God is not with you.

All the fears that you are experiencing in your life today began with an untruth, a lie that you have somehow believed. Perhaps you have believed that God is angry and displeased with you, and that His presence is far from you. That’s why the Bible says, “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love.”

This scripture tells us that when you begin to have a revelation that God loves you perfectly (not because of what you have accomplished, but because of what Jesus has accomplished for you), that revelation of the unmerited favor of Jesus will cast out every fear, every lie, every anxiety, every doubt and every worry that God is against you. The more you have a revelation of Jesus and how He has made you perfect, the more you will free yourself to receive His complete shalom and succeed in life!

My friend, know that as a believer in Jesus Christ, you have absolute peace with God. The new covenant of grace is also known as the covenant of peace. Today, you stand upon the righteousness of Jesus and not your own. Today, because of Jesus, God says this to you: “I would not be angry with you, nor rebuke [condemn] you. For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but My kindness shall not depart from you, nor shall My covenant of peace be removed” (Isaiah 54:9–10).

God is on your side. Jesus’ shalom is on your side to make you a success in life. All of heaven’s resources are on your side. Even if you are caught in the midst of a storm right now, just think of the picture of the eagle chicks sleeping soundly in spite of the storm, nestled under the wings of their mother, their protector and provider. And may the shalom of God, which surpasses all understanding, guard your heart and mind through Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:7). Go in this peace, my friend, and rest upon His shalom!

-From Joseph Prince Daily Meditate Devotional

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jesus' Peace Sets You Up For Success by labakeJ(f): 9:58am On Oct 31, 2020
smiley
Re: Jesus' Peace Sets You Up For Success by lisajay123: 1:28pm On Oct 31, 2020
Refreshing! More of this please! �
Re: Jesus' Peace Sets You Up For Success by Thattallgirl(f): 8:55am On Nov 04, 2020
The Power of Shalom

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. —John 14:27

When our Lord Jesus spoke to His disciples about leaving them His peace at the Last Supper, being a Jew, He would have spoken in Hebrew. The New Testament was, however, written in Greek, so the word used for “peace” in John 14:27 is eirene. But since Jesus spoke in Hebrew, the actual word He would have used is the Hebrew word for “peace”— shalom. This means He would have told His disciples, “Shalom, I leave with you, My shalom I give to you.” Shalom is a Hebrew word that is so rich in meaning. It doesn’t just mean “peace of mind”—it is an all-encompassing word that includes so much more. According to James Strong, a Hebrew scholar, shalom means “welfare,” “health, prosperity, peace.” It also means “a state of untroubled, undisturbed well-being.”

This means that what the Lord bequeathed to us as our inheritance was His very own health, His very own provision, and His very own peace.

Live The Let-Go Life by Joseph Prince
Re: Jesus' Peace Sets You Up For Success by Thattallgirl(f): 10:17am On Nov 07, 2020
When the Lord first told me, “Son, if you let not your heart be troubled, you’ll even get a miracle if that’s what you need,” I found it very hard to believe. I thought, You mean to tell me that all I need to do is to not let my heart be troubled? But that wouldn’t change anything about my challenge, would it? But what God was saying was that my part was to guard my own heart and not guard all the situations around me. And as I guarded my heart and did not allow it to be troubled, He would take care of the situations and every other area of my life. In fact, He
would even bring about a miracle if I needed one. Do you know what else happens when you do not allow your heart to be troubled? The peace of God will reign in your heart (see Col. 3:15)!

Re: Jesus' Peace Sets You Up For Success by Thattallgirl(f): 11:58pm On Nov 14, 2020
Guard Your Heart above All Things

The Lord also led me to study this portion from Proverbs 4:
My son, give attention to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart; for they are life to those who find them; and health to all their flesh. Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it spring the issues of life. —Proverbs 4:20–23

Proverbs 4:20 tells us to pay attention to the words that will follow because they are life to those who find them and health to all their flesh. Immediately following this instruction, the Bible tells us to keep our hearts with all diligence.
This means that when we keep our hearts with all diligence, it will bring life to us and health to all our flesh. What does it mean to keep our hearts? The Hebrew word used here is natsar, which means “to watch, to guard” or “to preserve, to guard from dangers.”

God makes it so clear why it is important for us to guard our hearts—because out of our hearts spring the issues of life. Is health an issue of life? Is provision an issue of life? Is the well-being of your family an issue of life? Instead of trying to
guard all these areas, let’s just do what the Word of God tells us to do—“Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life” (Prov. 4:23 NLT)!

Re: Jesus' Peace Sets You Up For Success by Thattallgirl(f): 9:19am On Nov 22, 2020
Some guard their children, some guard their money, some guard their shares and investments, and some guard their competitors. But God didn’t tell us to guard all these things. The only thing He told us to guard was our hearts. And as we guard our hearts, trust Him to guard everything else. Let God handle that situation. When He does it, it’s so perfect we cannot add to it!

No matter what challenge you might be faced with, decide right now by faith not to allow it to trouble your heart! Instead, guard your heart with His peace on the inside of you—and God will guard everything else, and even change your outward circumstances, causing all things to work together for your good and to His glory!

Re: Jesus' Peace Sets You Up For Success by Thattallgirl(f): 10:05pm On Dec 26, 2020
Whenever your heart feels troubled, quote the verse out loud "let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid". Make it a game. Catch your heart being troubled and quote that verse. And watch as the peace of Christ flows in increasing measure in every area of your life.

Re: Jesus' Peace Sets You Up For Success by Thattallgirl(f): 8:41pm On Jan 01, 2021
Only Believe

“And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:14–15

Do you know why Jesus chose the cross? He went to the cross so that whoever believes in Him can receive the gift of eternal life. Whoever believes. That is all you need to do to step into the inheritance that was purchased for you with the blood of the Son of God. Believe in HIM. Believe in Jesus. Believe in what He has done for you at the cross. Believe that all your sins have been imputed to Him and all His righteousness has been imputed to you (see 2 Cor. 5:21). Believe in the divine exchange. Believe in His love. Believe that all your sins have been punished at the cross and that through Jesus you have received the gifts of righteousness and eternal life.

Look at John 3:15 again. Tell me, who qualifies for salvation? The Word of God doesn’t say, “Whoever obeys Him perfectly and keeps all His commandments.” It doesn’t say, “Whoever never fails again.” It simply says, “Whoever believes in Him.” Whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life. The only action needed on your part is to believe!

Pastor Prince, how can simply believing in Jesus make me righteous? There must be something more that I must do to earn and deserve God’s love for me.

Don’t write it off just because it sounds simple, and don’t underestimate the power of right believing. When you believe right—when you believe that you are made righteous through Jesus—you will end up producing the fruits of righteousness. The apostle Paul refers to “the fruits of righteousness” in Philippians 1:11, and he specifies that they are “by Jesus Christ.” When you set your eyes on Jesus and Jesus alone as the source of your righteousness and forgiveness, you will end up producing the fruits of righteousness, holiness, and moral character.

Indeed, the Bible tells us it is when we don’t see or have forgotten that we have been cleansed from our old sins that we end up lacking in self-control, godliness, and brotherly love (see 2 Pet. 1:5–9). Can you see how when you believe right, you will end up living right? So make Jesus, His forgiveness, and His love the center of every part of your life!

100 Days of Right Believing By Joseph Prince
Re: Jesus' Peace Sets You Up For Success by Thattallgirl(f): 9:53pm On Mar 27, 2021
Jesus—the Prince of Peace

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6–7

No matter what challenge, crisis or circumstance you are faced with today, allow His provision of peace to flow in and through you. Jesus is the Prince of Peace. He came to bring you peace, to anchor and to establish your heart even through the most turbulent of times.

No matter how boisterous the storm appears, how high the unemployment rates are or how low the world economy crashes, allow His peace to reign supreme in your heart and mind. It’s a peace that surpasses all human understanding, and it provides you safety, soundness of mind, stability and even sweet sleep.

How can you let your heart not be troubled nor afraid? By receiving a fresh dose of perfect peace directly from the Prince of Peace today. Turn your cares into prayers. His robust peace will bring you safely through every storm!

Provision Promises By Joseph Prince
Re: Jesus' Peace Sets You Up For Success by Thattallgirl(f): 10:31am On Mar 28, 2021
Who Can Be Against You?

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. —Romans 5:1

For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation. —Ephesians 2:14

What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? —Romans 8:31
Re: Jesus' Peace Sets You Up For Success by Thattallgirl(f): 10:33am On Mar 28, 2021
My friend, today do you believe that God is for you and not against you? You see, the greatest blessing anyone can have is peace with God through Jesus Christ. To know beyond the shadow of any doubt that all your sins are forgiven is the greatest provision made for you on Calvary's hill. Jesus took upon Himself all your sins at the cross. He absorbed all of God's fiery indignation and judgment against all your sins, past, present and future, so that you can be totally forgiven and have everlasting peace with God.

So today, there is nothing between you and God. There is no more sin, no more shame and no more condemnation! And if God is for you, who can be against you? Now, what will you do today knowing that all His favor, wisdom, heavenly provision and blessings are backing you up, and that you cannot fail?

Provision Promises By Joseph Prince
Re: Jesus' Peace Sets You Up For Success by Thattallgirl(f): 10:37am On Mar 28, 2021
JESUS—YOUR ALL IN ALL, THE GREAT I AM

When God gave us Jesus, He gave us everything. We are truly rich because we have Christ, our all in all. My friend, when you need wisdom, Christ is your wisdom. When you need righteousness, Christ is your righteousness. When you need sanctification and redemption, Christ is both to you. When you need faith, He is your faith. When you are fearful of the odds against you, He is your favor. When you are weak, He is your strength.

When you are troubled and anxious, He is your peace. When you feel vulnerable, He is your shield. When you are lonely, He is your faithful companion. And when you are sick, He is your healing and health. Beloved, Jesus is the great I AM and He says to you, "I AM to you whatever you need Me to be!"
Re: Jesus' Peace Sets You Up For Success by Thattallgirl(f): 10:51am On Mar 28, 2021
The Power Of Identity

Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? . . . know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.
1 Corinthians 6:15, 19–20 KJV

I read the story of a businessman in New York City who was rushing to board a subway train on his way to work when he saw a beggar with a cup of pencils in his hands sitting on the platform. Without thinking too much about it, he quickly grabbed some money from his wallet and dropped the bills into the beggar’s collection plate before boarding the train.

Just before the train doors closed, the businessman jumped back out onto the platform and took several pencils from the beggar’s cup. He apologized to the beggar, explaining that in his haste, he had neglected to pick up the pencils he had purchased. “After all,” he said, “you are a businessman just like me. You have merchandise to sell and it’s fairly priced.” After that the businessman boarded the next train and went about his day.

At a social event several months later, a well-dressed salesman approached this businessman and introduced himself. “You probably don’t remember me and I don’t know your name,” he said, “but I will never forget you. You are the man who gave me back my self-respect. I was a ‘beggar’ selling pencils until you came along and told me that I was a businessman.”

I share this story to highlight to you the power of identity. The businessman gave this beggar a renewed sense of meaning and identity by simply speaking over him and calling forth a latent potential that was in him.

By calling this beggar a businessman, he awakened in him a renewed sense of worth, value, and importance. The words gave the beggar a new perspective. And they gave him a new belief and vision that propelled him to walk away from the lie that a beggar was all he could be.
Re: Jesus' Peace Sets You Up For Success by Thattallgirl(f): 10:51am On Mar 28, 2021
We can draw many parallels in this story for believers of our Lord Jesus. I believe that many who are struggling with sin, addictions, and destructive bondages don’t have the revelation of their new covenant identity in Christ. When you see a believer struggling with sin, it is often a case of mistaken identity.

The best way to help him is to point him back to his righteousness in Christ, as the apostle Paul did to those in the Corinthian church who had fallen into sin. Paul didn’t point these believers back to the law of Moses. All he did was to remind them of who they truly were.

Reread today’s scripture. Paul knew that if they were reminded of their righteous identity in Christ, they would repent. They would return to grace and turn away from their sins when they were reminded of their value according to the heavy price Christ had paid on the cross to ransom them.

I encourage you to use Apostle Paul’s method to encourage and lift up believers whom you know are struggling with sin. Point them back to their identity in Christ. They probably do not know, or have forgotten, how they have been made the righteousness of God through Jesus’ blood.

Because of this, like the beggar in the story, they are living a life of defeat. They are living far below the high place God has called them to. Believers in Christ are called to be the head and not the tail, to be above and not beneath, to reign over sin and not be defeated by sin!

Glorious Grace—100 Daily Readings from Grace Revolution By Joseph Prince

(1) (Reply)

Till Yaweh Declare One Winner,human Declaration Is Nothing / What The Lord Clearly Showed Me About President Donald Trump's Re-election Bid / Update Don Davis Speak Expose Pastors That Molested Him In Deeper Life School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.