Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,405 members, 7,812,195 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

What Happened In Oyigbo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Happened In Oyigbo (2116 Views)

Soldiers Arrest & Torture The Guardian Newspaper Driver, Others In Oyigbo Rivers / Military Operation In Oyigbo, Rivers State Leads To Humanitarian Crisis - / Pipeline Explosion Rocks Komkom, Izuoma In Oyigbo, Rivers State (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened In Oyigbo by michelz: 10:28am On Nov 01, 2020
Charleys:
There are militants in Rivers state.

How come IPOB is being blamed?
This same IPOB is in other states but why does the IPOB In Rivers State have access to guns.

Wike is looking for a scape goat. And he got it.
The militants can now go and rest while the residents of ogbigbo blame IPOB.

Yes, I said Ogbigbo.
You're deflecting from the truth and you very well know it.
Nnamdi Kanu kept on calling for the destruction of all government structures and the killing of police and army people. His foot soldiers complied. He even told them to develop weapons like Molotov bombs. What did you think it meant? It meant that he was calling for war. How many governors would sit on their hands and watch their states turn into war zones? I can even recall during one of his broadcasts, a lady called in and advised him to apply caution but Mr Kanu practically shunned her.
What did you expect Wike to do after negotiating and pleading with Kanu severally?
You should be telling the truth for the world is watching.

1 Like

Re: What Happened In Oyigbo by dukeprince50: 10:30am On Nov 01, 2020
Emotionss:
My conclusion about this crisis it that they state government Needed a scapegoat and unfortunately ipob gave him that platform.

From what I witnessed in onyibo is that the igbos lost more life and properties ( thanks to the Army) at the same time it was easier to blame IPOB/igbos Because of the utterances of Nnamdi Kalu.

I know for a fact that Hausas, igbos, Yorubas and some other tribes have lost life and properties there.

Before this protests a Nairalander created a post asking igbos not to participate in this protests because if anything goes wrong they will be used as scapegoat many of us insulted and castigate her but from the happenings it obvious she was right after all.
calm down, nobody is blaming IPOB in SE and most part of SS, its only in Rivers state and if u don't know what happened before Wike intervened, pls don't talk.
By the way, IPOB is a terrorist organisation while Igbo is not, don't put them together
Re: What Happened In Oyigbo by michelz: 10:39am On Nov 01, 2020
dukeprince50:
Nobody(weda SS,SE,SW,NC,NE,NW) wants IPOB, its a terrorist group and should be destroyed in its entirety. most Igbos will never condemn the activities of IPOB, even on Nairaland, u only find few Igbos who will condemn it, but majority are in support, so its safe to say, IPOB is an Igbo thing.
Check Rivers state, Ijaw, Ogoni, kalabari and some major ethnicity condemn it. Bayelsa doesn't even have anything to do with IPOB, its same thing with most SS states but SE states hardly condemn it.
Its a terrorist group for Christ sake, the only difference with BH is that BH has some powerful 21st century sophisticated weapons and also has so much political backing. while IPOB has regional backing.
I am not holding brief for IPOB but the truth must be told as it is.
If according to your statistics ( I honestly don't know where you got that from) most Igbos don't condemn IPOB,not minding that Ohaneze ndiigbo has condemned it severally, how does it now translate to IPOB being an Igbo thing?
Have you ever heard Mr Kanu saying that IPOB is an Igbo thing?
You should be careful not to tribalize a sensitive issue such as this. Wike categorically stated that Igbos and other ethnic groups are very much welcome in Rivers state except IPOB. He was been careful not to tribalize it unlike you're erroneously doing now.
Re: What Happened In Oyigbo by dukeprince50: 10:42am On Nov 01, 2020
michelz:

I am not holding brief for IPOB but the truth must be told as it is.
If according to your statistics ( I honestly don't know where you got that from) most Igbos don't condemn IPOB,not minding that Ohaneze ndiigbo has condemned it severally, how does it now translate to IPOB being an Igbo thing?
Have you ever heard Mr Kanu saying that IPOB is an Igbo thing?
You should be careful not to tribalize a sensitive issue such as this. Wike categorically stated that Igbos and other ethnic groups are very much welcome in Rivers state except IPOB. He was been careful not to tribalize it unlike you're erroneously doing now.
I'm talking about the stupid Ipob on Nairaland, they will never differentiate Ipob and Igbo.

check the thread, I never made mistake of saying IPOB are Igbos, its the Igbo's here that says it, not me.
Re: What Happened In Oyigbo by History555: 10:49am On Nov 01, 2020
Emotionss:
My conclusion about this crisis it that they state government Needed a scapegoat and unfortunately ipob gave him that platform.

From what I witnessed in onyibo is that the igbos lost more life and properties ( thanks to the Army) at the same time it was easier to blame IPOB/igbos Because of the utterances of Nnamdi Kalu.

I know for a fact that Hausas, igbos, Yorubas and some other tribes have lost life and properties there.

Before this protests a Nairalander created a post asking igbos not to participate in this protests because if anything goes wrong they will be used as scapegoat many of us insulted and castigate her but from the happenings it obvious she was right after all.

You are right. Though sars was also affecting lgbos. But i believe they have learnt their lessons. Next time Nigerians arise to protest, lgbos, lgbos i beg you Don't take part.
Re: What Happened In Oyigbo by dukeprince50: 10:56am On Nov 01, 2020
History555:

You are right. Though sars was also affecting lgbos. But i believe they have learnt their lessons. Next time Nigerians arise to protest, lgbos, lgbos i beg you Don't take part.
shebi u did not watch the video where Nnamdi Kanu ordered his followers to burn police stations, kill the military and make Molotov bombs?
Now the army decide to answer ur call and u are crying.
Re: What Happened In Oyigbo by Emotionss: 10:57am On Nov 01, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
dukeprince50:
calm down, nobody is blaming IPOB in SE and most part of SS, its only in Rivers state and if u don't know what happened before Wike intervened, pls don't talk.
By the way, IPOB is a terrorist organisation while Igbo is not, don't put them together

Let's be honest here.

How many people (including the Army) can differentiate ipob members from an ordinary igbo man doing his business ?

The shops and markets (majority igbo owned) that was looted was that also ipob ?

What happened in oyibo in not different from what happened in Lagos, edo, Anambra, ebony akwa ibom, calabar and many other places how come while others are blaming HUDLUMS AND MISCREANTS River State government is blaming ipob ?

Same thing in mile 1 why is he blaming ikoku treaders of the mile 1 unrest.

Just this Friday Abuloma indigenous people wanted to do this COMMUNITY SETTLEMENTS nonsense that south south are known for, River State Government quickly realized a statement blaming IPOB. As in how ?

Very soon every criminal act in River State will be blamed on ipob.

I still stands on my statements governor wike Needed a scapegoat for what happened in onyibo and unfortunately IPOB gave him that platform.
Re: What Happened In Oyigbo by dukeprince50: 11:04am On Nov 01, 2020
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

Let's be honest here.

How many people (including the Army) can differentiate ipob members from an ordinary igbo man doing his business ?

The shops and markets (majority igbo owned) that was looted was that also ipob ?

What happened in oyibo in not different from what happened in Lagos, edo, Anambra, ebony akwa ibom, calabar and many other places how come while others are blaming HUDLUMS AND MISCREANTS River State government is blaming ipob ?

Just this Friday Abuloma indigenous people wanted to do this COMMUNITY SETTLEMENTS nonsense that south south are known for, River State Government quickly realized a statement blaming IPOB. As in how ?

I still stands on my statements governor wike Needed a scapegoat for what happened in onyibo and unfortunately IPOB gave him that platform.
Oyigbo is dominated by Ipob and they are feral, u dare not against them, they might beat u up. its safe to blame them for whatever happened there.
I do not think BH always move with their flags when they want to commit crimes but we always believe when the media says its BH, but u can't take it when it says its IPOB, cos u are a member of that group.
in case u don't know, its a terrorist organisation

1 Like

Re: What Happened In Oyigbo by Dede1(m): 11:09am On Nov 01, 2020
dukeprince50:
Here is a summary of all that happened in Oyigbo.

1. It all started with Ipob youths attacking Hausa's, policemen and also destroying properties.

2.The governor(Wike) of the state asked them(Ipob) to stop, that in his state, every tribe is welcomed and u have no right to kill any body.

3.He(Wike) said every IPOB activities must stop in his state since they(IPOB) are already a terrorist group, he won't allow them operate in his state and also put a N50m bounty on someone and all he needs is useful information that will lead to his arrest.

4.On hearing this, the leader of IPOB(Mazi Nnamdi Kanu) placed a N100m bounty on wike, not a death or alive bounty but that they should bring Wike's head.

5.The governor decided to bring the military to Oyigbo since they(IPOB) are willing to play, he(Wike) was also prepared not to disappoint them

6.Some persons died in the process.(RIP)

7. IPOB: Wike is killing Igbos(Yes, I believed some innocent people may have died.)

You started Wike claimed nobody should kill in Rivers State yet he killed the fellow indigenes of state. Every Igbo person knows Wike hailed from Obio\Akpor LGA.
Re: What Happened In Oyigbo by Emotionss: 11:11am On Nov 01, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
History555:

The problem I have with my igbo brothers is that most of them don't learn from history and until they do, they will always be used as a scapegoat in Nigeria.

The igbos need to be tactical in Nigeria.

They need to Always have it at the back of their head that Nigerians don't like or Appriciate them.... The hatred For them in Nigeria is follow come. Unfortunately the always seems to forget this.

Nnamdi kalu is not helping matters
The angry and frustrated nature of some ipob members is also making them an easy target and also easy to manipulate.

Personally I pray they achieve their Biafra but first Nnamdi need to go.
Re: What Happened In Oyigbo by Emotionss: 11:21am On Nov 01, 2020
dukeprince50:
Oyigbo is dominated by Ipob and they are feral, u dare not against them, they might beat u up. its safe to blame them for whatever happened there.
I do not think BH always move with their flags when they want to commit crimes but we always believe when the media says its BH, but u can't take it when it says its IPOB, cos u are a member of that group.
in case u don't know, its a terrorist organisation

You see my problem with you guys ?
Anyone that doesn't agree with you people is an IPOB. Guy read my posts.
I have said it countless time Nnamdi kalu Needs to be killed because he is doing more harm than good.

Again I ask you is what happened in mile one also IPOB ?

Why woke blaming ikoku traders for the mile 1 unrest ?
Or is mile one Also dominated by ipob/igbos ?

Why is he Also Blaming ipob on The Abuloma/jB issues when everyone knows MARCHING GROUND Nonsense is a very common this in the south ?
Re: What Happened In Oyigbo by 24SEVEN: 11:24am On Nov 01, 2020
Igboid:

So all the police stations attacked all over the country was also by IPOB.

Oga try and get sense. He wrote about events in Rivers State and you're asking about the whole Nigeria. Wike is governor of Rivers and has the constitutional obligation to protect Riverians especially from external factors originating from Abia state which goes by the name IPOB. I support shoot on sight on all IPOB miscreants in Rivers State.
Re: What Happened In Oyigbo by Heartbender: 2:06pm On Nov 01, 2020
Which Abuloma? ���
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

Let's be honest here.

Re: What Happened In Oyigbo by Muna4real(f): 2:58pm On Nov 01, 2020
dukeprince50:
Here is a summary of all that happened in Oyigbo.

1. It all started with Ipob youths attacking Hausa's, policemen and also destroying properties.

2.The governor(Wike) of the state asked them(Ipob) to stop, that in his state, every tribe is welcomed and u have no right to kill any body.

3.He(Wike) said every IPOB activities must stop in his state since they(IPOB) are already a terrorist group, he won't allow them operate in his state and also put a N50m bounty on someone and all he needs is useful information that will lead to his arrest.

4.On hearing this, the leader of IPOB(Mazi Nnamdi Kanu) placed a N100m bounty on wike, not a death or alive bounty but that they should bring Wike's head.

5.The governor decided to bring the military to Oyigbo since they(IPOB) are willing to play, he(Wike) was also prepared not to disappoint them

6.Some persons died in the process.(RIP)

7. IPOB: Wike is killing Igbos(Yes, I believed some innocent people may have died.)

Prove the bolded
Re: What Happened In Oyigbo by Muna4real(f): 3:04pm On Nov 01, 2020
24SEVEN:

Oga try and get sense. He wrote about events in Rivers State and you're asking about the whole Nigeria. Wike is governor of Rivers and has the constitutional obligation to protect Riverians especially from external factors originating from Abia state which goes by the name IPOB. I support shoot on sight on all IPOB miscreants in Rivers State.

You should try and get sence. He asked you if all the police stations that were burnt down during the protest were burnt by ipob. It just looks like the end SARS protest in Oyigbo had a different meaning to wike. He sees all protesters as ipob. An evidence of this was when he declared the leader of the Endsars protest in Oyigbo an ipob member and wanted. Can you imagine? Someone who was protesting peacefully with the Nigerian flag! Nigerians have a very big problem mentally. Tufiaaakwa!
Re: What Happened In Oyigbo by Igboid: 3:13pm On Nov 01, 2020
24SEVEN:

Can you provide evidence that those behind the events in Obiigbo were IPOB?

I remember until video emerged, many of you Igbophobic lots were blaming IPOB for Oba palace looting among other things in Lagos state.

You support shoot on sight on IPOB? Good for you, heaven supports shoot at sight, smell, or hint at you too. Its called Karma.

1 Like

Re: What Happened In Oyigbo by Okoroawusa: 3:17pm On Nov 01, 2020
No celebrity is talking about what is happening in Oyigbo.

All their eyes dey Lagos.
Re: What Happened In Oyigbo by Igboid: 3:22pm On Nov 01, 2020
babytoun:

When did the OP say so ..

Why una logic always dey warped ..why ?

Do you have pictorial evidence to support the fabrication that it was IPOB and not Nigerian youths as witnessed everywhere else during the EndSARS protest that committed whatsoever that happened in Obiigbo that same period?

2 Likes

Re: What Happened In Oyigbo by Emotionss: 3:51pm On Nov 01, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
Heartbender:
Which Abuloma? ���

If you had listend to any Radio station in port harcourt on Friday evening and Saturday morning you will understand what I am saying.
Re: What Happened In Oyigbo by Bonesking(m): 3:57pm On Nov 01, 2020
24SEVEN:

Wike goofed by rushing to ask the army to apply what they do best. I don’t support extrajudicial killings. The army are currently doing that in Oyigbo. Shooting and killing at will. As a matter of fact, the mainstream media are not covering the true happening in that axis, it's worst than you can imagine.
Re: What Happened In Oyigbo by AwkaFinest: 3:59pm On Nov 01, 2020
Igboid:

[s]So all the police stations attacked all over the country was also by IPOB.
[/s]

Stop typing Rubbish. The topic is about Rivers State not the rest of Nigeria.
Re: What Happened In Oyigbo by Heartbender: 6:04pm On Nov 01, 2020
Guy, I live in Abuloma. I am from Abuloma. A principal member of the governing council. Maybe they meant the other towns in Abuloma e.g. fimie, okuru, Ozuboko, etc
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

If you had listend to any Radio station in port harcourt on Friday evening and Saturday morning you will understand what I am saying.
Re: What Happened In Oyigbo by hammerDK: 12:02pm On Nov 03, 2020
Igboid:

Can you provide evidence that those behind the events in Obiigbo were IPOB?

I remember until video emerged, many of you Igbophobic lots were blaming IPOB for Oba palace looting among other things in Lagos state.

You support shoot on sight on IPOB? Good for you, heaven supports shoot at sight, smell, or hint at you too. Its called Karma.

WE KEEP OUR ENEMIES CLOSE ENOUGH, SO WE CAN PUNISH THEM, NOT BECOS WE LOVE THEM.

WAT WE DO TO WIKE, WEN WE GET HIM, WE DO TO OUR OWN AND NOBODY CAN ASK US.

I HOPE U UNDERSTAND NOW.

IGBO PEOPLE DONT NEED PORT HARCOURT, BUT IT IS A CITY WHERE KALABARI, EKPEYE, OGONI AND IKWERE MEET.

I WILL ADVICE OUR PEOPLE NOT TO INVEST IN THAT AREA.

WE CAN PLACE INVESTMENT IN OBIGBO, UBANI AND OPOBO AND THERE IT ENDS.

IT IS IGBO PEOPLE THAT ARE GOING TO PORT HARCOURT THAT YOU SHOULD WARN.

I HATE WIKE AND HIS PEOPLE WITH PASSION AND SO DOES MAZI BUT WE WANT THEM CLOSE.

WE CANNOT LET THEM GO AND THEY WIL WEAR THAT IGBO TAG, BY FIRE AND BY FORCE AS OUTCAST AND OBJECT OF REPROACH, FOREVER..
Re: What Happened In Oyigbo by RedPhoenix: 7:42am On Nov 10, 2020
hammerDK:

WE KEEP OUR ENEMIES CLOSE ENOUGH, SO WE CAN PUNISH THEM, NOT BECOS WE LOVE THEM.

WAT WE DO TO WIKE, WEN WE GET HIM, WE DO TO OUR OWN AND NOBODY CAN ASK US.

I HOPE U UNDERSTAND NOW.

IGBO PEOPLE DONT NEED PORT HARCOURT, BUT IT IS A CITY WHERE KALABARI, EKPEYE, OGONI AND IKWERE MEET.

I WILL ADVICE OUR PEOPLE NOT TO INVEST IN THAT AREA.

WE CAN PLACE INVESTMENT IN OBIGBO, UBANI AND OPOBO AND THERE IT ENDS.

IT IS IGBO PEOPLE THAT ARE GOING TO PORT HARCOURT THAT YOU SHOULD WARN.

I HATE WIKE AND HIS PEOPLE WITH PASSION AND SO DOES MAZI BUT WE WANT THEM CLOSE.

WE CANNOT LET THEM GO AND THEY WIL WEAR THAT IGBO TAG, BY FIRE AND BY FORCE AS OUTCAST AND OBJECT OF REPROACH, FOREVER..

Chest beater. What investment o. Beer parlour. Oode

(1) (2) (Reply)

Six Feared Dead As Unknown Gunmen Allegedly Clash With Security Men in Anambra s / Congratulations To The Oduduwa Nation / Flush Out All ESN & IPOB Members Out Of Rivers State - Wike Orders The Military

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.